Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Form Fit Hood Deflector

Old 11-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Angry Form Fit Hood Deflector

I purchased a Form Fit hood deflector a month and a half ago. I went through my first car wash (no touch car wash) since it was installed by Speedy Glass. I was going through the blower drying stage and the deflector blew off like it was held on with chewing gum. I inspected the installation and it looks like Speedy installed it properly. After looking at the design closer I see this product is made VERY poorly. The fasteners that are meant to hold the deflector to the mounts are very flimsy and not nearly strong enough. This item is very poor quality.

I notified Speedy Glass immediately and the manager had a look at it and was apologetic and told me he would do something for me like getting me a free replacement but he had to talk to Form Fit first. I left him my home number and my cell number. Later that evening there was a message on my phone from Speedy. The manager informed me that Form Fit will not warranty the deflector because I went through a car wash, and since Form Fit will not warranty it neither will Speedy. So I got ripped off for $115 for a deflector that lasted less than 90 days.

So to sum it up; Form Fit makes a lousy, poor quality product, Form Fit will search for any excuse to not honor a warranty, Don't get any work done at Speedy because they will not man-up and honor their warranty.

P.S. The bud deflector made very loud wind noise from day one, but I wasn't going to complain about that.

Old 11-29-2014, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
Lmao

FormFit® Hood Protectors

FormFit® has been manufacturing and selling hood protector products for over 2 decades. To this point our products have only been available through a variety of re-sellers. We are happy to now offer our full line of FormFit® products through our very own website. Each FormFit® hood protector is designed specifically for its application giving not only the best fitting product on the market but also the best looking. By utilizing leading edge 3d scanning technology, we are able to accurately duplicate the hood profile. This allows us to match the hood protector to the body lines, resulting in a product that not only enhances the look of your vehicle, it protects the leading edge of the hood from road debris that, over time, will wear away the paint surface.

These are not mass-produced off shore; they are formed at our manufacturing facility in Canada. This facility also provides OEM parts to a variety of automotive manufacturers. We are confident you will not find a higher quality product anywhere.

Dam I don't like knowing that we make such crap in Canada. I am glad I got my OEM hood deflector up here from Honda. It works well and is high quality built.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:05 PM
Sucks, I like bug deflectors and was considering that one.