Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Patent Drawings Of New Honda Fit/Jazz Shuttle leaked

Old 03-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Patent Drawings Of New Honda Fit/Jazz Shuttle leaked

Looks OK.

From the article:
The next generation Honda Fit/Jazz Shuttle has been previewed by a leaked patent images.

After launching the new Fit (Jazz in Europe), the Japanese company is preparing the longer version for a debut. These patent drawings show the Shuttle MPV will feature a similar front end and a significantly longer wheelbase.

4 pictures and full article

Old 03-28-2015, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
With a rear end like that they should call it the Kardashian.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
Except the Fit has a long history of outstanding performance and innovative design features, whereas Kim, while having a long history of "performance", has accomplished little else in life.

But (no pun intended), I do see your point.

Last edited by Vanguard; 03-28-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
Based on the picture it looks like the backend (trunk space) is going to be bigger. Sure they might be able to increase cabin size slightly but...if they just allow the front seats to go back one more inch I would see no reason why they would need to increase the cabin size. The fit is a tardis. I marvel at that every time I get in.

Anyways...increase the overall size and the mpg and performance will drop some. I think it could still work. Tons of space and good (not great mpg) and people will buy it.

If Honda really does come out with such a thing you can tell where they are going. The Fit + hrv + this thing = they want the crowd that want space & efficiency & low cost & historic reliability.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:55 AM
Saw this rendering a while back, and for me its not looking good at all. Perhaps others will like it. I even like the new Mazda CX3 style over the HRV coming out. Fit has a nice style but that is just me.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:29 AM
Big on the inside AND the outside: Behemothra?

Old 03-29-2015, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
The previous Shuttle has never come to the North American market. I don't think this one is intended to either. I think the detailing speaks to tastes that wouldn't resonate in our market. (How's that for being polite?)

And Vanguard I agree but I wish I had those millions!

Old 03-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Evesowner
The fit is a tardis. I marvel at that every time I get in.
What is a tardis??
I've seen it mentioned in these forums before, but I'm not sure what it is. A quick google search showed tardis to be some kind of booth in a show called Dr. Who. Is that what you guys/gals refer to when you use the term tardis for the Fit?

Old 03-29-2015, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by 2015FIT
What is a tardis??
I've seen it mentioned in these forums before, but I'm not sure what it is. A quick google search showed tardis to be some kind of booth in a show called Dr. Who. Is that what you guys/gals refer to when you use the term tardis for the Fit?
Being a big Dr. Who fan ill chime in. The Tardis is the mode of transportation of Dr. Who (a Timelord) and his companion. While it looks like a phone booth it is vastly large inside due to quantum mechanics and being outside our normal dimension of reality. Thats why forum members refer to the Fit as a Tardis because outside it looks small, but its deceptively spaceous inside.

Old 03-29-2015, 01:16 PM
Administrator
Fit Shuttle was still using the GE based platform, now they switched to the GK based platform

This has no relevance to the US based GK so no need to speculate about design changes

Old 03-29-2015, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Being a big Dr. Who fan ill chime in. The Tardis is the mode of transportation of Dr. Who (a Timelord) and his companion. While it looks like a phone booth it is vastly large inside due to quantum mechanics and being outside our normal dimension of reality. Thats why forum members refer to the Fit as a Tardis because outside it looks small, but its deceptively spaceous inside.
Thanks for the explanation! Sounds fun and ergonomically pleasing.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:59 PM
Looks like a smaller Oddyssey.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Being a big Dr. Who fan ill chime in. The Tardis is the mode of transportation of Dr. Who (a Timelord) and his companion. While it looks like a phone booth it is vastly large inside due to quantum mechanics and being outside our normal dimension of reality....
Nitpick mode: Despite the fact that the little door in the front contains a telephone the structure we're talking about looks like a Police Box, not a phone booth. They were used by British policemen to both communicate with their headquarters and as a tiny office in which they could write reports and even hold prisoners. The light on top was used to signal the policeman that he was to call in.

The TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space) is The Doctor's spacecraft. It has a chameleon circuit that allows it to take on the form of some common object or structure whereever it appears so it won't bother the locals. During a visit to 1960s London the chameleon circuit was broken which is why the TARDIS always appears as a common 1960s British police box.

In reality, it saved the Beeb a huge amount on modeling and CGI renditions of spacecraft and time machines. The lovely thing about it is that the interior is as big as it needs to be! Kind of like a Fit.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by exl500
Haha, good one.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
Nitpick mode: Despite the fact that the little door in the front contains a telephone the structure we're talking about looks like a Police Box, not a phone booth. They were used by British policemen to both communicate with their headquarters and as a tiny office in which they could write reports and even hold prisoners. The light on top was used to signal the policeman that he was to call in.

The TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space) is The Doctor's spacecraft. It has a chameleon circuit that allows it to take on the form of some common object or structure whereever it appears so it won't bother the locals. During a visit to 1960s London the chameleon circuit was broken which is why the TARDIS always appears as a common 1960s British police box.

In reality, it saved the Beeb a huge amount on modeling and CGI renditions of spacecraft and time machines. The lovely thing about it is that the interior is as big as it needs to be! Kind of like a Fit.
I call mine the Re-Tardis... but that's just me

Old 03-30-2015, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
I gotta say the off 'off topic' discussion on the Tardis was more interesting than the original post.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Looks gross. Looks like a squeezed up minivan.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:17 AM
Could it be this?

Been here a while...but I think it's for lower segment markets

Old 04-09-2015, 02:26 AM

Same motor as the Fit

Old 04-09-2015, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DWils
Looks like a smaller Oddyssey.
Yes it does... 'An Odyssey for smaller families?!'
Or ones that don't have to haul 2+ kids and their hockey&lacrosse bags all over the country?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Patent Drawings Of New Honda Fit/Jazz Shuttle leaked