Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo and 3rd Gen Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo and 3rd Gen Fit

I've tried to piggyback other people's posts, but I got no answers.

I know that with lots of money and time the 1.5L Fit engine can be boosted to ridiculous levels. (nothing beats cubic inches except cubit money) High boost and extensive internal mods get results, but is not practical for an every day driver or toy.

I've compared the two engies, they appear identical, insice and out, except the turbo of course. Will it fit (pun) the Fit. Of course the electronis form the Civic engine will have to go with its electronics Since the Fit has a much shorter hood, will there bee clearance problems. Just think, a Fit with 45 more hp.

Old 03-12-2016, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
I've tried to piggyback other people's posts, but I got no answers.

I know that with lots of money and time the 1.5L Fit engine can be boosted to ridiculous levels. (nothing beats cubic inches except cubit money) High boost and extensive internal mods get results, but is not practical for an every day driver or toy.

I've compared the two engies, they appear identical, insice and out, except the turbo of course. Will it fit (pun) the Fit. Of course the electronis form the Civic engine will have to go with its electronics Since the Fit has a much shorter hood, will there bee clearance problems. Just think, a Fit with 45 more hp.
The exhaust port on the Fit faces the rear. The exhaust port on the Civic Turbo is on the front of the car. The intakes are on opposite sides of each other too (Fit on the right side, Civic Turbo on the left). Civic turbo compression ratio is 10.6 while Fit is 11.5.

An N/A Fit can run as quick as a stock Civic Turbo with minor modifications.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
The exhaust port on the Fit faces the rear. The exhaust port on the Civic Turbo is on the front of the car. The intakes are on opposite sides of each other too (Fit on the right side, Civic Turbo on the left). Civic turbo compression ratio is 10.6 while Fit is 11.5.

An N/A Fit can run as quick as a stock Civic Turbo with minor modifications.
I had seen the exhaust/intake situation implied before, but not explicitly.

Since the Fit engine is so similar to the legendary B(?), beloved by the original tuners, it make since that there is plenty of N/A solutions. Those "minor" mods would consist of ??

Not that I'm going to do either the swap or the mods (no skill, no money).

Old 03-14-2016, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
I had seen the exhaust/intake situation implied before, but not explicitly.

Since the Fit engine is so similar to the legendary B(?), beloved by the original tuners, it make since that there is plenty of N/A solutions. Those "minor" mods would consist of ??

Not that I'm going to do either the swap or the mods (no skill, no money).
I thought you were considering modifying your Fit. Disregard my point! Continue looking for turbo parts to mate up. Good luck!

Old 03-15-2016, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
I'd see if they match at the motor mounts, if the engine and trans combo is interchangeable that way all your left with is the wiring headache..

Unfortunately there are so many interdependent components in the OBD3 cars that you may find you almost have to swap the entire harness for the car.. Even the air bag computer is keyed the ecu these days.

I find that if your planing on turbo on a NA motor a compression test tells you more than the static compression ratio, a 11:1 compression engine can have any where between 120 and 160 psi static compression. at 120 No bog deal, at 160 big deal..

According to most of what I can find the earlier engines (GD) are only 10.4 so a turbo shoould be easy

Last edited by dwtaylorpdx; 03-15-2016 at 03:26 PM.