Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.
View Poll Results: Who do you have for insurance?
State Farm
15.38%
Progresive
15.38%
GEICO
30.77%
Travelers
3.85%
USAA
34.62%
Low cost insurance, but cant find when I need them
0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Insurance, who is the best for the money.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
Insurance, who is the best for the money.

I was quite taken aback when I went to get insurance for my 2015 Fit and now that I am getting another Fit I want to see if I can find something for less but not that will leave me stranded. I had insurance with State Farm but they got to pricy so tried various ones but most of the lower cost ones you cant get in contact or they don't want to pay if you have a fender bender to say nothing if you total. Right now I am paying $2000 plus per year for the 2015 Fit alone to say nothing of my other Hondas/Toyota trucks. Can I do better or is that the norm...?

Old 07-25-2016, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, that seems a lot but insurance quotes have so many variables. Your sex, age, zip code and even your credit rating can change your quote. There are others, just listing some common ones.

I pay less than $50 month on the fit with state farm for example.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
I've been with State Farm since I was 16 and I'm 44 now. I haven't had a lot of claims or tickets so my insurance is pretty cheap. A few years ago, to cut costs, we traded in two four year old Toyotas for two brand new Hondas. (Lost Story) My insurance dropped when we did that, and per my agent just because of the brand change. 2Rismo2 is right on about variables, projected long term value, along with even crime stats like how many get stolen near you, or if other drivers of the same car get lots of tickets. I'm under $50 per car and that's an 08 Fit and a 12 Accord. Age and Credit Score are huge, though, from what my agent has told me. I suggest walking in to local agents and not so much the online or 800 number route, but that's just me. Good luck!

Old 08-03-2016, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
I have both USAA and State Farm on various vehicles. The poll will not let me vote for more than one. I would recommend either one but I rate USAA slightly higher. There are a lot more brands that you did not include in your list.

Trying to compare your rates to others here will not be very productive. There are too many variables that go into your rate. Some are age, tickets, loss record, credit rating, garaged or parked at address, annual mileage driven, and mileage to and from work. I once had a policy that specifically prohibited me from entering Cook County, IL (Chicago area) more than once a week. It saved me a ton on my insurance premiums.

So any comparison figures you get will not really be valid and will make you unhappy if they are lower than yours.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
No AllState?

That's who I have but your agent can make or break an insurance company IMO.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Wow, that seems a lot but insurance quotes have so many variables. Your sex, age, zip code and even your credit rating can change your quote. There are others, just listing some common ones.

I pay less than $50 month on the fit with state farm for example.

Wow, I am getting ripped.......!!

I am in my 50's, no accidents in last 10 years, no speeding tickets, no parking violations, I am clean...... and paying over $2000 just for the Honda Fit. What is everyone else paying..?

Old 08-05-2016, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by n9cv
I have both USAA and State Farm on various vehicles. The poll will not let me vote for more than one. I would recommend either one but I rate USAA slightly higher. There are a lot more brands that you did not include in your list.

Trying to compare your rates to others here will not be very productive. There are too many variables that go into your rate. Some are age, tickets, loss record, credit rating, garaged or parked at address, annual mileage driven, and mileage to and from work. I once had a policy that specifically prohibited me from entering Cook County, IL (Chicago area) more than once a week. It saved me a ton on my insurance premiums.

So any comparison figures you get will not really be valid and will make you unhappy if they are lower than yours.
Hey, maybe I can put that in mine...since I live in Florida, wont be a problem...

Old 08-17-2016, 06:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GolNat
No AllState?

That's who I have but your agent can make or break an insurance company IMO.
Forgot about Allstate, they haven't been advertising like the others lately...

Old 08-19-2016, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
There is nothing wrong with Allstate, if you have a good agent. My brother has them.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
I have State Farm and the Fit only costs $600/yr for 250/500/100,000 liability, 250 ded comp, 500 ded coll, 30/60,000 uninsured motorist injury and uninsured motorist property damage.

The discounts are for driving record, under 7,500miles/yr, "loyalty" and having two houses and the Chevy pickup with them. It would be $2800/yr without any discounts.

Getting a house insured in a high wildfire risk area is very difficult, so I am loyal to an agent and insurance company that can get that done. Cars will go with them, even if car insurance may be cheaper elsewhere.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Liberty Mutual! You should add to the poll; they're #5 by share.

Your premium depends on your personal factors like credit, driving history etc. Don't like that? Well, it's because people with bad credit and people who run their car into things in the past are more likely to run their car into things in the future. And also on your location: Lots more claims in NYC than in Nebraska, either because there's more to hit or there's more fraud. The car you drive, of course, makes a difference too. There is no truth that red cars pay more. You can expect to pay more if you have a car with lots of power (easier to get into trouble) or very big/expensive (costs more to fix when you do). The Fit is quite a good car for low premiums, then.

It's not worthwhile comparing your rate to anyone else's. Instead, get 3 competitive quotes, all of which are based on your unique personal info. Be aware many (most) insurers raise rates over time ... this is not incompatible with offering a separate loyalty discount, either. Some carriers appear quite cheap because they offer very few services; others because their rates will be a lot higher later on. It's easy to blame the insurers, but they face a very competitive marketplace and most of them make little, or negative, money over time. So caveat emptor.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nikita
I have State Farm and the Fit only costs $600/yr for 250/500/100,000 liability, 250 ded comp, 500 ded coll, 30/60,000 uninsured motorist injury and uninsured motorist property damage.

The discounts are for driving record, under 7,500miles/yr, "loyalty" and having two houses and the Chevy pickup with them. It would be $2800/yr without any discounts.

Getting a house insured in a high wildfire risk area is very difficult, so I am loyal to an agent and insurance company that can get that done. Cars will go with them, even if car insurance may be cheaper elsewhere.
Wow, I have got to get everything under one insurance as I am getting taken to the cleaners on home insurance too....it was over $4000 so had to change it, will have to consolidate.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member
I have Allstate. Highly recommend if you have a good agent in the area.

I pay $460/6 months for 100k/300k with $250 deductible on collision and $0 deductible for comprehensive for the Fit. I also have my homeowners through them so I have multi-policy discount.

27 years old. Single guy. Last accident was December 2012. Last ticket was at least 5 years ago.

You are definitely getting ripped off with State Farm. Shop around!

Last edited by andre181; 11-23-2016 at 02:56 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by andre181
I have Allstate. Highly recommend if you have a good agent in the area.

I pay $460/6 months for 100k/300k with $250 deductible on collision and $0 deductible for comprehensive for the Fit. I also have my homeowners through them so I have multi-policy discount.

27 years old. Single guy. Last accident was December 2012. Last ticket was at least 5 years ago.

You are definitely getting ripped off with State Farm. Shop around!

I certainly will, I feel ripped off with no tickets or accidents...

Old 01-16-2017, 06:26 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Reddogs
Wow, I am getting ripped.......!!

I am in my 50's, no accidents in last 10 years, no speeding tickets, no parking violations, I am clean...... and paying over $2000 just for the Honda Fit. What is everyone else paying..?
I thought u were like in ur teens lol.. wow

I have no accidents, A++ rating less than 380 per 6months on da 16' fit, 100 deductible full coverage. multi car, house, life, etc. my wife is in the same policy and she had da last citation which was over 13-15yrs ago.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:34 PM
I have 21st Century, had them for eons. They're in league with Farmer's, which covers our house so we still get the multi-category discount as well as the safe driver discount etc. When my wife replaced her 2000 Mazda Protégé with a Prius, our insurance actually went down because (the agent said) the new cars are safer.