Ohio meet time/place

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
Talking Ohio meet time/place

Started a new thread to capture how many views/reply ratio. Also because I keep hearing chatter but nothing solid. If anyone is serious about a meet post what timeframes/dates which may work. I know everyone is busy and have different priorities. My only caveat is I work back half of the week which means I work Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays usually out by 19:00ET. On occasion I work a Sunday. Again, if the date/time frame is set for a Sunday I am sure i can work something out. Or maybe I will take a Saturday off if needed and possible. I live in Westerville which is next to Columbus.

I would like to gain knowledge on a meet as well regarding upgrades and suggestions. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but do accomplish some fixes if needed especially when funds are low. Hell, a couple months i replaced the Distributor O-Ring on my 97 Civic EX VSM, before reading a forum and learning the info I had no clue or heard of this item (when i was done it fixed an oil leak on my engine). At the moment, looking for a reliable and proven mechanic to work on my suspension - I'm patient so in no hurry (price motivated though since funds are low).

Think as a group will need to check on most of the forums mentioning a resource/member from Ohio and post them link/info to this forum to consolidate meet(s) information in one location. Spread the word and it might get accomplished.
I am a FIT mods/applications NOOB, hence looking to learn locally.

Last edited by reyangelo; 05-09-2013 at 12:32 AM. Reason: .
Old 05-09-2013, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
Forgot to mention, this Friday/Saturday and next weekend work for me in case anyone wants to meet. My vehicle is mainly stock with some minor changes. I'm very serious at moment though trying to upgrade my suspension. Also planning on upgrading tires, adding roof rack (Yakima maybe), and potentially add dual exhaust. Would like to see and gather local info on what works and what to stay away from.

Last edited by reyangelo; 05-09-2013 at 12:30 AM. Reason: .
Old 05-09-2013, 11:06 AM
I live in Springfield. I'm open almost all weekend every weekend. I tried to drum something up recently and got nothing. :/

Old 05-09-2013, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
If a couple more reply, I'd be down for meet. From Newark to Dayton work for me these 2 weekends. Central Ohio is ideal for all but let me know.

I'm originally from Chicago area and back in my days and currently crews/groups still have set ups which consists of:
1. Meet & Greet (agreed location with ample space and keeping it low key as to not attract the wrong attention. We used to meet at Self-Serve Car Washes, Big Parking Lots, and Parks). During meet/greet is when folks can network and/or exchange knowledge/advise.
2. Photo Shoot (for whomever would like to take snapshots of the cars lined up or of other details-engines, mods, etc)
3. Cruise (and yes this means a cruise (within speed limit) to destination for some food/sit-down time which consists of friendly atmosphere, again no speeding or inappropriate driving which attracts the wrong attention [cops]).
4. Food Stop (end location) for those who want to stick around a little longer and get some grub/drinks.

Last edited by reyangelo; 05-09-2013 at 03:54 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-10-2013, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
I'm just reading this, this coming weekend is Mother day weekend so, I'm out. but next wkend. I'm alittle past cleveland ohio. can we agree on meeting in columbus ohio???

Old 05-10-2013, 03:00 PM
We can do either weekend, or future weekends. I have one stipulation on the 19th, I have a work even planned 12-5 picking up some folks from the airport, and can't commit to anything then.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:01 PM
I'd be down for a Columbus meet. Keep in mind next weekend is rock on the range in c-bus, so there will be quite a lot of traffic.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
Okay, so sounds like May 18th works for now about 5pm timeframe. Im actually going to be headed near South West Columbus area tomorrow just off 270 and may take a peak at a potential meet location while there. May be the spot to at least kick off a first meet and peak an eye on other rides while there. Will just need to pan out a cruise afterwards if anyone is down for going to another place for grub. Again, let me know if May 18th after 5pm works. Looks like maybe the following for sure?
Schoat333
Codi
fitjoe

P.S. Remember, I'm the Noob - trying to get my FIT up to par the right way[i hope] and need some local knowledge. Let me know, need a few commits though before i show up.

Last edited by reyangelo; 05-10-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-18-2013, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

20:30ET - Currently at Car Meet in Newark on 21st and Deo dr. Plenty of Hondas, no FiITS though. I didnt bring mine since I ran into this by accident. I was in the area with my 91 Suburban.

23:45ET Update: By the time we left there were several hundred vehicles from Muscle to Trucks. The majority though were import tuned cars. Like I mentioned earlier there were plenty D series and B series cars but there were no FITS . If I knew this was going on id definitely would have brought my Fit to represent.

***Next Sunday 05/26 in case anyone wants to meet (i will be there for sure), there is an IMPORT ALLIANCE MEET 05/26 AT 06:00PM AT QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE - 8500 LYRA DRIVE, COLUMBUS OH .

Let me know or post if any FITS going to make it.

Last edited by reyangelo; 05-23-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
How's about columbus Ohio or we could do a meet at a dealership in cleveland hts. I called my salesman last year and he was like ya we could do that--maybe try this here or maybe someplace more central from all our locations? I am all for this P.m. if I dont responsed to a date that has been set to meet. Please. I am going slightly out of my mind, only women, Old women mind you are driving our Fit out here.

I'm in for your above meet.^^^^

Last edited by fitjoe; 05-19-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Too funny. I hate to say it but it is true regarding the FIT majority audience. On my 1 block there are 4 FITS and from what I can tell there are about 10 within a 6 block radius...its killing me. All stock - most without tinted windows too. The HORROR!!! Either way I will continue to try my best to upgrade my FIT as time and money permit. (Speaking of FIT changes, my used Yakima roof rack should be on within next couple weeks).

Regarding meets, I will be at Import Alliance meet this Sunday to check out and gain some knowledge. Still in search of a mechanic as well which is reliable, knowledgeable, and price-flexible (meaning reasonable prices).

Also, Sundays I'm free for meets if one is set up.

Last edited by reyangelo; 05-22-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
Update: Went up to Polaris Quaker Steak n Lube on 05/26 and 06/07 to meet up with Sports Import Club. They were also in Newark when I was up there. So far, no other FITS except for mine . Will post any upcoming meets I will be at. This week I might be heading to SlowMotion to gauge price on my coilovers . If reasonable, I will get it done there. Hopefully put on my Yakima roof rack by next meet.

Last edited by reyangelo; 06-10-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
I live in chagrin falls, would like to know what city we are going to meet at, columbus wouldnt be a bad idea, its about 2.5 hrs from me but I would drive that for a honda Meet that is LONG OVERDUE, I should say, like you I also hear alot of chadder but no Meet. What Gives Ohio.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:07 AM
I live up in the Cleveland area and travel to Columbus for work every week and could meet if I was not working.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:07 AM
Fitjoe I live in Brunswick, I am not to far from you.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:31 AM
5 Year Member
I'm ready, who's with me!!!!

Oh ya Hello there Brunswick. got to tell all you guys though, I might sale my fit, so like could we do this, this year, maybe someone can talk me out of it. Its the damn seats. LOL.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
Well, like I mentioned I can assist with setting one up. I actually talked to guys from my other club and checked if we can crash one of their meets. Ive mentioned this to them once and they already indicated there should be no issues, my biggest concern is more about getting folks to commit to show up. I showed up twice with anticipation FITS may be present but I was the only one. I still meet with them to gain knowledge and input so no loss on my side. Im finally on Form and Function coilovers riding on 195/60r14's too.
Let me get some committed OH FITS and I will set it up.

Last edited by reyangelo; 07-19-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by WhiteFit13
Fitjoe I live in Brunswick, I am not to far from you.
A fellow Brunstuckian? Nice!

Old 07-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Wanting to know if anyone on this site lives in my neighborhood. They drive a black fit with 2012 sport wheels, tinted windows, wiper mod is done. They live in Brunswick.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by WhiteFit13
Wanting to know if anyone on this site lives in my neighborhood. They drive a black fit with 2012 sport wheels, tinted windows, wiper mod is done. They live in Brunswick.
That's me. I just posted above you about being from Brunswick too.

Quick Reply: Ohio meet time/place