Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Road Rage Ventalation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Raouf
not really road rage but my neighbors in my old neighborhood would always have people over at night, and my driveway was long! but one of them decided it would be smart to pull in the end of my driveway and i was already pissed/stressed since we were moving the next day and had a ton of shit to deal with. so i call them and ask them to ask them to move it (they obviously had a few too many) but no one comes out after a few mins, i call back and no answer, i go to the door and they can SEE ME THROUGH THE WINDOW and they still dont get the door so i laid on the horn for like a minute, still nothing... so i just drove right across their lawn. I was sooo pissed at them! when i came back i saw the damage haha, there was some decent tread marks! and the car was still there. i left a note on the door saying thanks for moving.

good thing we moved the next day! :rotfl:
You're too nice. You should have called the tow truck to clear the driveway after you drove over the lawn.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:08 PM
My personal favorite, and the reason for 8 of 10 road rage incidents in the DC metro area, which has been under construction since 10,000 B.C. People who come into a work zone, see the 15ft high sign which says "Lane ends, merge right" and then continue on blissfully until the lane is gone. Then they put on the blinker (or worse they don't) and sit half in the moving lane waiting for someone to let them in. repeat this behavior eight thousand times and you have Rt66W at the lane drop every weekday afternoon.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
I live in a retirement texas city. I want a huge f n banner that says (when im riding someones ass in the left lane going 10 under!!!!!!) ITS THE ONE TO THE FAR RIGHT ON THE FLOOR!!!!!

Old 06-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Fellas I am rolling on the floor here, god extremely funny.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
i cant stop laughing at the thread!

so i have to add another thing. people neglecting their turn signals!
these people, i was driving today, i think i got cut off 3-4 times with people not using their turning signals. anyone from Pines knows how bad pines blvd is, they added 6 traffic signals within a stretch of 1/4 mile, over a highway intersection. first off who ever designed it "to keep traffic levels lower" is a complete retard, for lack of a better word.

so my point being, its always crowded, you move 100 feet and stop for another light, its ridiculous, people just love to cut people off without there turn signals! if you want to get by dont just cut anyone off, you slow down traffic! and not to mention nearly hit my fit!

lol i love this thread =p

Old 06-04-2010, 09:02 PM
I've pretty much gotten over getting outraged at people who shouldn't be driving, it happens far too often, and I don't like being pissed off ALL the time.

But I saw a guy this evening in a lifted Dodge pickup. He roared into the parking lot with his handicap tags, pulled into the last available handicap spot (ignoring 2 "normal" spots about 20 feet away), and bounced out of his truck practically jogging into the store.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he has handicap tags legitimately - i.e. someone who uses the vehicle is handicapped. But if I had been closer, I would have pushed a shopping cart into his taillight. He deserves to be punched in the vagina.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Daemione
He deserves to be punched in the vagina.
You are correct sir. People like that do need a swift kick to the vag.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:15 PM
In michigan it is legal for two motorcycles to occupy the same lane. However it is not legal to drive the lane dividing line (we are not cali folks!) or shoulders, nor is it permissible for them to wildly exceed the speed limit whenever their right hand feels twitchy.

Now I get pretty darn mad when you have motorcycles do the following, all on the same day:
-stop in the middle of the lane, on a two-way two lane road, to chat with your buddies parked on the shoulder.
-blow through a stoplight in your flat black bike with your black leather clothing and black helmet and no lights on the bike on, doing in excess of 80 mph, and almost making a narrow dent through my back hatch as I try to turn onto the road.
-pass the majority of traffic in a construction zone flying up the dividing line doing more than 40 mph in a condition where the rest of traffic is very nearly stopped and actively changing lanes from time to time.
-ah the best one-- you and your buddy pass an RV doing that 60 mph (in a 55 btw, two-lane country road) and slow to 50, next to each other in the same lane. Then, when reaching the passing lane where the road opens up to 4 lanes, one take each lane, at 50 mph. Do you want to be bug juice on the front of the truck??? These roads go for hundreds of miles!

Note to self. Do NOT go to Baldwin when they are having the Blessing of the Bikes.

/rant

Whew, that felt great!

Old 06-06-2010, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
I am constantly having near misses and head on collisions with people that couldn't possibly walk and chew gum at the same time that try to drive and talk on their silly cell phones..... I live near a small East Texas town that doesn't have much traffic at all and yet it is seldom that I am not having to brake or take other evasive measures to avoid being hit by these idiots and sometimes the idiots are driving squad cars.... My wife works in town four days a week and comes home with a story or two about this crap all of the time..... The last time I went to town I had parked in handicapped parking because I am handicapped and an idiot that I had days before had to put my right wheels into a ditch to avoid a head on with as he rounded a turn in his Dodge one ton dually while on his cell phone and driving with one hand pulled up so close to my door that I couldn't open it and then looked at me like he was annoyed with me when I finally got his attention and backed out and pulled in to allow me to exit my car without removing his cell phone from his ear..... I carried a pistol with me for years but since these fools piss me off so badly with their irresponsible behavior I wouldn't think of doing so now...... Honestly, I think that cell phone drivers are a bigger hazard than drunk or stoned drivers.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:16 PM
^^Keep it up Fellas. This thread is starting to roll on.
My turn.....I hate OLD People driving, all they do is go slow and complain about us young people. Back in their day cars were cranked to start and did not go over 35mph anyway. All they do is complain about us younger people, and our ways. Only because they are so old that they get pissed off because they cant tie thier shoes. They complain about cell phones only because in their day they didnt have these things. They call us spoiled and irresponsible, but what were they doing when they were are age? probably the same thing (with out cell phones though). Old people go slow, cause traffic problems by backing up the lanes of travel, and then complain about us when we flick them off? This is 2010 we have all kinds of technology in our generation and certain old people do not understand our ways, just as we dont understand theirs. This is why I started this thread to show everyone just how silly we as people can be. Thanx and keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!

HONDA FOR LIFE

Old 06-06-2010, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
If you are directing your post at me you are barking up the wrong tree.... I never said a thing about the age of the people that I see as a chronic threat and I seriously doubt that there are many people that have a Fit that is driven as fast or capable of the speeds I commonly drive at.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't think he was talking about you buddy. This thread is an intersting study in what it means to be a driver in America today. We have drivers of all experience levels and ages coming together and sharing the things that make us crazy. And i think the thing we all have in common is that we all hate SELFISH PEOPLE. Most truly annoying/ dangerous driving is the result of people who refuse to consider the consequences of that behavior to their fellow man. Cell phone/texting in particular is a huge sore spot with me. There is simply no reason for someone to not pull off the road and complete their conversation. It has nothing to do with age, experience, technology, etc. If you want to talk on the phone pull over period.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
I would never consider using a cell phone without pulling over and parking my car.... It would be like directing an air strike and coordinating a fire support mission without knowing your grid coordinance.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:22 PM
This is what i drive daily try that. Now who is the inexperienced driver. 120,000 pounds, 0-60 in forever, 300ft of Boom. Drive this everyday and people do not bother you very much at all

Old 06-06-2010, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bthasht
This is what i drive daily try that. Now who is the inexperienced driver. 120,000 pounds, 0-60 in forever, 300ft of Boom. Drive this everyday and people do not bother you very much at all
You sir are PRO!
:p

Old 06-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
I could wright a book about how people piss me off when driving.

Here is one incident

I was driving home after a long day of work and I was changing freeways (red line) Speed limit is 60 going on to the road and the merge lane is 40 (yellow sign) The pic doesn't show it to well but the merge lane has a nice bend thats kind of a blind corner

AS you can see there is traffic also merging from the left and that we both have are own lanes (blue circle) Knowing this I am getting on the gas to get up to speed as I come around the corner I see the cars in front of me hitting the brakes and slowing down. It then hits me these dumb mother fuckers are STOPPING(yellow line)! I get on the brakes hard and to my horror I fell the car sliding, I'm looking at the back of a big ass white van. All I'm thinking is FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!! I know if I don't do some thing I'm hitting this van so I slightly turn the wheel to the right and go up this very low curb about 2-3 feet past the vans bumper. This stupid bitch stopped on the freeway and the two dumb mother fuckers behind her were just sitting there. So I lay on my horn and am screaming go you dumb fucking bitch. When they start going again I pin it and get next to this dumb bitch, I honk the horn to get her attention and give her the middle finger well yelling you dumb bitch.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
To MNfit: all i can stay is people are stupid.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
I hate going to KFC and being told they're out of chicken! WTF? (has happened multiple times)

Old 06-06-2010, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
People are in a hurry to go no where,60 percent of people dont have the skills to be behind the wheel. Some of the those people complain about bad gas mileage (not fit owners)in there cars are the people that in my way at lunch time, when I am trying to deliver there freight. They race around like they own the streets with no regard to anyone. Its not about driving fast but keeping moving. There will be a time very soon that the insurance companies will be taking them off the streets, thats one reason the cameras are for, Taking invetory and writing down the info into a data base.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
I hate it when you're driving a few MPH over the limit, passing cars on your right, and some idot comes flying up behind you and tailgates. All the while the lane to your left is empty, but the driver is so focused on the fact that YOU didn't somehow slow down and merge to the right for them that they sit behind you "stuck" for miles.

And why is it that I can predict (and plan for) when some dumbass is going to hit their brakes, change lanes into me, cut me off, or anything else that almost causes an accident, but they can't seem to use their blinker, look over thier shoulder, or somehow avoid other cars on the road? I can't even tell you how many times I tell my wife, watch this guy is going to come into our lane and two seconds later there he is almost taking off my front bumper.

Quick Reply: Road Rage Ventalation Thread