Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

2014 Honda Fit Crossover

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 06:14 AM
I like all the cars released by honda but the xtream of honda is most liked by me , i am eagerly waiting for this car, and would like to own one , it is looking really dashing and powerful, really liked it, i would like to know that it is available in petrol or diesel or in both.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
If they put out either the crossroad or the freed/freed spike, they can have my money. Not sold on the fit shuttle...

I had a 2004 5 spd element ex awd and loved it. The wife and I thought we wanted more luxury so traded it in on a mazda cx-7 that we had nothing but problems with. I miss the element everyday...

Old 08-14-2012, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Subaru's crossover VX is coming out in the fall and it looks pretty sweet. Honda should do something like subaru with the FIT.

Name:  Subaru-XV-MHinchliffe-W.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  43.1 KB

Old 08-14-2012, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
I'd rather see them go another way.... City Turbo would open up my check book

Old 08-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by ReeSpeed
would love to see the honda crossroad on this side of the pond...

The Crossroad would be a huge hit in North America

Old 08-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by ReeSpeed
If they put out either the crossroad or the freed/freed spike, they can have my money. Not sold on the fit shuttle...

I had a 2004 5 spd element ex awd and loved it. The wife and I thought we wanted more luxury so traded it in on a mazda cx-7 that we had nothing but problems with. I miss the element everyday...
I tried a different car for a few months, hated it. Currently own TWO Elements. Love them both.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 80honda
I tried a different car for a few months, hated it. Currently own TWO Elements. Love them both.
I loved ours...just didnt know how much at the time...Now I know....hindsight=20/20

Old 08-15-2012, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
I've just had an awful thought:
Accord --> Crosstour
Fit --> "Planned Fit Crossover"

OOOh boy, now a bit nervous :P

Well, as long as it looks a little like the SX4 it won't be the worst thing in the world, right?

Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by cjecpa
I wish they would bring back the 1st gen CR-V that would be small enough.
I don't see why this doesn't happen more often. If it wasn't broke why'd they fix it?

Old 08-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Honda jazz crossover photos leaked... fugly...

Last edited by Stormserge; 08-18-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
As long as it is designed in Japan. Crossover could just mean a awd Fit wish they would bring some of the other Honda cars like the Freed, NT box and Life.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Found this

The full model change of FIT (European name JAZZ) will be scheduled for 2013 next year. The compact SUV car which used the next FIT as the base is developed by Honda. It is assumed to be released at Tokyo Motor Show in 2013.
This FIT derivation SUV will be the global car produced & sold all over the world. After it is released in Japan, in Europe, China, South America, North America, the Asia emerging country, and each area, local production and sale are likely to be started around in 2014.
A new style direct injection 1.5L engine or hybrid engine will be installed in the FIT derivation SUV.

The prime engine of new style compact SUV will be two types. They are the new style direct injection 1.5L engine installed from the next FIT, or the hybrid system. Now, there is no hybrid car at compact SUV. This FIT derivation SUV will be the first hybrid car in the segment. As for the Europe specification, installation of the diesel engine is considered. Moreover, Honda considers installing in it the outdated engine of the present FIT which the cost cut followed, and releasing with budget prices for emerging market.
As for FIT derivation SUV, a center tank layout is adopted. The merit of packaging is also expectable

Old 10-22-2012, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
Fit Twist

I'll guess we'll get something similar to this, but based on the next gen model. I'm not excited.

Honda Fit Twist revealed | Auto Express

Old 10-22-2012, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Oops. Hey I think you posted the link to the wrong brand; that's a Suzuki SX4.

Honda gets packaging. They don't get inclement weather or why you might find yourself in it (skiing?). I assume their headquarters must be in the equivalent of Santa Clara because anything related to snow, mud, etc ... ... it's like someone described the Subaru XV over the phone and didn't send any pictures. The ONLY thing they needed to do to make it somewhat popular was to raise the suspension by 1 inch. Which they haven't done. :/

I get their excuse for not raising it: The Ride is wobbly enough. But using that excuse, you should have killed the original CRV because the needed stiffening made it feel unrefined vs a Civic. That worked out pretty well ... I owned one, and I complained about the rough ride, but I also praised it for the ground clearance.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Old 10-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by EpilepticFit
I don't see why this doesn't happen more often. If it wasn't broke why'd they fix it?
I think it's because the majority of Americans continue to want everything bigger, better, faster, more. That's actually an album title but so very true. I do agree though, sometimes smaller and simpler are better.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 AM
I think it looks pretty cool! BUT, it appears to be all show and no go. No additional ground clearance or AWD but then again it's for Brazil.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
well thats a big let down

Old 10-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah especially when most of us are looking at lowering a fit, at least have awd if its' going to be a more of a gravel road/suv type crossover trim.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah especially when most of us are looking at lowering a fit, at least have awd if its' going to be a more of a gravel road/suv type crossover trim.
If they added AWD, it would pretty much cease to be a Fit: the magic seats would lose a lot of their magic (due to the space required for the rear differential and drive shaft and such), and probably the fuel tank would need to be moved, redesigned, or made dramatically smaller.

I'm not quite sure if "most of us" are looking at lowering the Fit, or only that there are a reasonable number who do and who naturally talk about it while the rest who aren't really interested in lowering don't discuss it (simply out of lack of interest). I know I have no desire whatsoever to lower my Fit; we get enough snowstorms and frost heaves and potholes in Vermont that I'll keep all the ground clearance I'm given. (Of course, snow isn't a concern worth mentioning in Brazil, so clearance for that reason is unimportant there.)

I would like the roof rails to be available, though. They would be mighty handy when/if I get a canoe or similar someday.

Quick Reply: 2014 Honda Fit Crossover