Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Daddy's Winter Project :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
2 :) But the EF is almost complete so 1.5 ha ha

Old 01-25-2015, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
Good weekend: even though it was a monsoon here Saturday. changed out the cluster w/ a newer one w/tach changed out the odometer, went through the bulbs and detailed the dash and vents. Painted the rear tow hook red urethane and will install next week. Getting a set of mint in the box JDM front fenders w/ side marked cut outs! Score!! 2 gauge pod for wind shield post. Lil steps...

Old 01-26-2015, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Picked up all the goodies for EGgy today and the fenders are tooo cool! I was not expecting these at all. But the

The pod is cool also!
And the polished overflow tank is going on the Charger!!

God is Good All the Time!!!!!!

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 01-26-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like you're having fun with it. I gotta get a job so that I can start on my crx. Now the fit needs a clutch again So I have to take some money from the crx stash.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:46 PM
Love your EG!

Old 01-31-2015, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Man u get around CC haha. thanks!

Old 01-31-2015, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Took MzFiT for a parts run for the EG. Hot dang, what a great time!! o'ya found a black armrest with red stitching. Perfectly matches the new shifter boot. Installed a matte black S2 5spd. shifter knob. Just start'n to come around :).https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...pictureid=9627

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-17-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Stereo Sunday

Well I go out with one thing in mind on this project and something else takes up the day, lol u ever have that happen?
Today was under the hood day, but it turned out to be all about the bass. The front speaker on the D.S. was not working so a quick inspection revealed the probs. 1st I was happy to see a Boston Acoustics 6.5" coaxial that was a +. The tech decided to use a spacer behind the speaker keeping the cover from snapping to the panel. Took those out, the spliced wiring was removed, and after working on the speakers and refitting them in the doors everything fit and worked. Then there was the creative wiring in the hatch for the 12" BS woofer and the amp. The wiring was just too much length and the Explode woof really exploded. what a cheap cheap speaker! Looks like the material was old milk carton material sprayed red, that's enough Sony for me. The little amp sounds great it's nice and small. All of it was just rolling around back there. Fitted the carpet in place and started re wiring and fastening the amp & speaker box in place. The 12" Punch Sounds Great!
Cleaned the rear license plate light lenses up & replaced the bulbs.
Added new OEM brake & clutch covers.
She's getting closer ...

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-17-2015 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
Plan A: Finish up Lil Red... not today!

Plan B:

Today was another was going to work on one thing but that never happened. LOL
But the power for the amp in the back of EGgy is wired up correctly now. It all started with the power cable going through the firewall w/o a grommet simple right? This was beginning of a 3 hour task. The amp's power cable was jammed into the under hood fuse block against the fender?? So that was the first repair then the 30amp fuse holder was white with corrosion so that had to be replaced. At his point it was time to install a grommet, easy enough. Then there was the fuse holder, but hey there's a blank space in the fuse block and I have a bunch of the large Honda fuses, cool no trip to the auto parts store and no money spent, BS (Big Smile). So those two things where in good order now. So might as well clean the battery terminals and chassis ground. De-ox, baking soda, terminal brush, and another JWD (Job Well Done).
And then there were the 3 cars that had to get the salt washed off of them.... :D ain't life grand!!

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 02-22-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Tails & Sides

We got a set of tail light for the 1/4's off CL and what a deal!! brought them home and wet sanded w/ 1000 then 2500 and buffed out, o ya all that and a bag of chips! They turned out really nice.
With the set that came w the car the DS has lil holes drill in it to release the moisture. No good. :(. Picked up new 5mm nuts and washer for them tonight.

And the young man also had a set of minty fresh EF sedan side mirrors OEM Honda! and not painted. That's really a rare sight these days. They got the same treatment and wholly cow they look like new outa the box. So that must means a sedan is on it's way here some day, lol.

Old 03-07-2015, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
Hope'n today will be warm enough to do a little something to the hondees. I got a SS dishwasher and stove, whirlpool upper end, off Craig's list. From New Beginnings pastor Joel what a small world. So cleaned and detailed stove tonight then installed with our oldest dotter. Dishwasher tomorrow! Then hondees!!!
Found a Yakima w bike rack perfect for my occ Schwinn!

http://boothillchoppers.com/boothill...rge-chrome.gif

Too busy to grow old! ; )

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-08-2015 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Finished the kitchen up grades and then it was time to have some fun. Installed a new AEM dual cone filter in EGgy cuz it wouldn't fit in Lil Red. Fired her up tonight and went for a rock'n ride. With the snow around here it's been 2 weeks she's been on ice. But good times tonight!

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-08-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
recoating old exterior trims

Today was warmer out almost hot!
The top door trim on all the Hondas split and the SS show from underneath. So ppl just polish the SS and call it a day. Na, it has to match the rest of the trim! So...
I used a single edge razor blade to cut the old dried out vinal off, taped off area to be recoated and sanded with 220. Cleaned the debris off the SS and sprayed 3 coats of Rustolium bed liner on! This works like a charm. Right texture, color, and looks like new trim. The best part is the price, new trim is too expensive for a JDM hot rod and 1 can will do a lot of trim and lasts for along time.

Then I got an EG hatch dropped off it's silver and am going to paint all the jambs and other touchups.
Just up my alley!

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-17-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Finished up the last jamb today! Looks like a clean lil ride now.
Just a few more touch ups and she's out a here.
It has a B18 in it so a shake down ride is in order b4 it's picked up. See what it feels like, might be something for future reference :).
The B18 has a little tq. to it pulls hard for a B!

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-29-2015 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:02 AM
5 Year Member
Road trip to South Mills\Elizebeth City, NC. for some odds and ends.
There's a coupe that has been parted out and the owner is ready to deal.....

Old 03-31-2015, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Got the hood gasket spray nozzles and a mint H for the hood. The trip was great, right though the low lands saw all kinds of water fowl and fawna on the ride. Ment a great young fellow and like me just had extra parts and didn't want to just scrap em.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 04-01-2015 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Eureka found a way to remove that old plastic coat!! 2000 psi! Power washer with a pencil tip!

Old 05-17-2015, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Remounted the rear lip and rounded up the opening for the DC muffler. Replaced the battery and cleaned up that area, no rust and still had the battery heat shield and bottom tray, bonus.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 05-18-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
SS exhaust header in route from cali. with 1- 2" x 50' roll of titanium wrap to keep under hood temps cooler.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 05-19-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Blasted the plastic coat off rear bumper and hatch. Its a slow process but comes out clean. 1\4 panels, doors ,roof, hood and front bumper then straighten out the body work and paint. I'm sticking with the original color (milano red) because the jams looking so nice.

Quick Reply: Daddy's Winter Project :)