The details are working out for the second annual Pittsburgh Summer meet...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Exclamation The details are working out for the second annual Pittsburgh Summer meet...

The details are working out for the second annual Pittsburgh Summer meet...

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2350119

Plan for 2009, 2nd Annual Mid Atlantic Mega Meet and Cruise

Where: Pittsburgh, PA
When: August 8th starting at 11am
What's goin on: Read below!

Start of the day will begin at 11am.

There will be an 11am to 1pm window of time to arrive at the initial location (being determined now---updated 3-2-09), which will essentially be a large lot located in the Southern Pittsburgh area that is yet to be determined. Upon arrival you'll either pay your gate fee, or show your ticket. (NOTE) Ticket sales will begin shortly (April 20th), but we have to get through this part. During this time cars will gather, and we'll await the arrival of cars locally and from out of the area.

At approx. 12:30-1pm, all cars will be assembled to leave that location for an immediate cruise to the next venue. At this point we are going to do what is essentially a poker run.

Poker Run

::Each car will be given a playing card, and at each stop you get another card. The final location will get you your fifth card, and the best hands win prizes. ::

So, we'll pull out and head north of pittsburgh to a second short stop in order to issue a second card, all while getting video and photo coverage of the trip north.

At approx 2:30 we'll arrive at Beaver Run Motorsports Complex. A large area is going to blocked off for our arrival, and this is what we have planned:

------Karts: Ever want to drive a race kart? NOW YOU CAN...and it's cheap! 50mph and 3+g's on the skidpad. This aint' your typical go-kart!

I've got a special group rate on the karts. Helmets and jackets provided and your runs are 15.00 for the first 20 minutes, and 10.00 for additional 15 minutes. If you've never raced these types of karts the first 20 minutes will have your arms hurting good already and you'll be ready to quit..lol. That price is generally about 25% higher at the normal rate...so we got a good discount.

All karts will be equipped with an electronic transponder. ALL runs will be timed, so while your running the karts for fun, your still trying to get the best lap times. In the end, the best lap times winners will be brought together for a 30 minute endurance race!! Winner of that gets something good!

This way you can be a passenger or driver at the meet and have an equal chance of being a champion...lol!!!

-----Autocross: The day of the meet, BeaverRun is holding an opened autocross on the VDA course. Since they already had it going on that day, Tom said it'd be ok for anyone that wants to give it a shot to do so. Price is being adjusted, but he's thinking like 5 bucks. They'll also have cars available for people that are passengers!

-----North Track HOT laps...not parade laps: Tom is going to talk to several Honda dealerships to see if we can obtain a sponsor for the north track. I'm also considering sponsoring it out of pocket for the benefit of the meet depending on how business is for me this summer. So, for now the North Track is still really possible. The only catch is, if they book a paid event, that option will be out. WE HAVE the kart track to ourselves though...guaranteed, and the autocross is already booked so we're good to go there.

Leave Beaver Run at approx 5pm and cruise to Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharon, PA

Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharon is BIG. They host annual Bike Week events, huge car show events, and have a very car oriented atmosphere. They're even talking about naming a menu meal just for Honda guys!

At Quaker Steak there will be a DJ and some great food. This is where the actual car meet will take place so everyone can check out each others rides, talk about events of the day passed, and have some good food. The event will go until about 10pm or until people feel like leaving.

I'll have a deal arranged with local hotels and I'm sure they'll be fun there as well!

I encourage out of state people to plan to stay overnight. I'll be working on a deal close by that should be pretty affordable.

The cost for the tickets to the meet in general are being adjust as we speak, but they'll be about 10-20 dollars per CAR. Since events at beaver run are pay as you go, passengers have plenty of opportunity.

This is all I know and I am NOT associated with it, except for interest in attending it.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Exclamation Hey pa!!!

Yeah, I'm yelling!

Anybody here in PA thinking about this event?!

Old 05-07-2009, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member
Just saw this, should be fun. Will keep watching for more details.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:10 AM
is this still gonna happen?

Old 07-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by inPGH
is this still gonna happen?
I have nothing to do with it, but check the link and post back, please.