Racing A place to discuss upcoming and past Fit racing events.

Tracking/AutoX Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Not track, but the Fit did get to do an autocross recently. The Miata had a blown caliper seal, so it was up to the Fit to defend my honor against my friends.

Ended up whomping all my friends, even though they were all on less than one year old high performance summer tires and I had 5 year old all seasons (General G3-03).

Ran 0.5s faster than my friend's well sorted 2004 Sentra (Best driving car I have ever driven, he has the suspension dialed in as a performance daily), 1.5s faster than my friend's 01 Celica GTS, and 2s faster than my friends Imprezza 2.5 RS.

I got whomped by everyone else running STF though, since my only upgrades are 16" wheels, the all seasons and the Bilstien B14 Coilovers. Still a hoot to blast around with.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:26 PM
Sick! Do the bilsteins ever feel kind of soft? And are you using different spring rates?

Old 10-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by PaeGe8
damn this thread is dead! anyone been tracking their fit lately?
I raced my USA spec 2010 Honda Fit Sport Manual once in Eastern NC. Didn't do very well and had a blast. I drive it rally style which means trail braking until the back end gets drifty and use the back end to steer the car into the corner. Reckon this way is not precise and costs time but I hate dealing with understeer and this method has no understeer.

Mods:
HPS short ram intake, 195/50x16 tires (rides lower, lighter), Denso sparkplugs IK22s indexed, 0-20W Mobile1 syn, 5-60 MPH in low 9s.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by yovtecjustkickedin
I raced my USA spec 2010 Honda Fit Sport Manual once in Eastern NC. Didn't do very well and had a blast. I drive it rally style which means trail braking until the back end gets drifty and use the back end to steer the car into the corner. Reckon this way is not precise and costs time but I hate dealing with understeer and this method has no understeer.

Mods:
HPS short ram intake, 195/50x16 tires (rides lower, lighter), Denso sparkplugs IK22s indexed, 0-20W Mobile1 syn, 5-60 MPH in low 9s.
Sick. I needa work on my trail braking. Need more seat time lol. Out here in socal, streets of willow is a very fun place for our car!

Old 10-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Sick. I needa work on my trail braking. Need more seat time lol. Out here in socal, streets of willow is a very fun place for our car!
Running 37 psi front and 36 psi rear. Been all over on tp from over 50 psi to 25 psi. Found close to factory settings best to maximize traction. For some reason my rears are wearing out faster 😉

Old 10-25-2016, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by yovtecjustkickedin
Running 37 psi front and 36 psi rear. Been all over on tp from over 50 psi to 25 psi. Found close to factory settings best to maximize traction. For some reason my rears are wearing out faster 😉
Damn tsuchiya! Haha. Tire pressure is something I needa figure out as well for track days. How many hot laps can you run on that TP before the tires start to feel "greasy"

Old 10-25-2016, 11:17 PM
Damn tsuchiya! Haha. Tire pressure is something I needa figure out as well for track days. How many hot laps can you run on that TP before the tires start to feel "greasy"
Autox only. Check tp after every run and set it back to what started with. Need 10 or more mins between runs or car won't be as fast due to hot brakes, tires, etc.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
Been without license for just about the last 6 months, so nothing from me. Getting it back in a week and signing up for J's end of year Suzuka event which takes place on the 12th or 16th of December (well around then). Looking forward to it, because withdrawals.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
I autocross my Fit.

It's an auto and doesn't have that many performance mods. But its a fun time.

No action shots, but here I am next to a Dodge Viper ACR.

Name:  HqgY0Yvl.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  47.1 KB

Old 10-27-2016, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Been without license for just about the last 6 months, so nothing from me. Getting it back in a week and signing up for J's end of year Suzuka event which takes place on the 12th or 16th of December (well around then). Looking forward to it, because withdrawals.
At Suzuka circuit?

Old 10-27-2016, 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
I autocross my Fit.

It's an auto and doesn't have that many performance mods. But its a fun time.

No action shots, but here I am next to a Dodge Viper ACR.

Never tried auto cross but looks fun for sure! And def an under dog compared to that lol. I'm just waiting for the 17th of December. We're trying to get an all fit track day at streets of willow. It's looking good so far!

Old 10-27-2016, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
At Suzuka circuit?
Yes. Will be the 3rd time for full circuit running and also did East course once, which consists of the main straight, the esses and back onto the main straight.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Yes. Will be the 3rd time for full circuit running and also did East course once, which consists of the main straight, the esses and back onto the main straight.
DAM that sounds fun. the s turns seems fun and fast lol. im just waiting for a streets of willow event

Old 10-27-2016, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
Sick! Do the bilsteins ever feel kind of soft? And are you using different spring rates?
Whatever rates the billies came with. I managed to find what they were once, but I forget. They are non linear though.

Define soft. Most people think the cae is fairly stiff, but it feels like it has a ton of body roll compared to my Miata. Lol.

For a fun handling daily on all seasons the rates are perfect.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by x_25
Whatever rates the billies came with. I managed to find what they were once, but I forget. They are non linear though.

Define soft. Most people think the cae is fairly stiff, but it feels like it has a ton of body roll compared to my Miata. Lol.

For a fun handling daily on all seasons the rates are perfect.
i just assumed it might feel a little soft if you're driving the car pretty hard since its only the ride height thats adjustable. but either way i bet they feel great. for sure a lot stiffer than stock and even lowering springs. i hear they ride like a bmw lol. haha probably since the miata is a little roadster with pretty low cg

Old 11-02-2016, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
i just assumed it might feel a little soft if you're driving the car pretty hard since its only the ride height thats adjustable. but either way i bet they feel great. for sure a lot stiffer than stock and even lowering springs. i hear they ride like a bmw lol. haha probably since the miata is a little roadster with pretty low cg
Actually, a stock Miata drives like a boat! Lots of body roll, but it is well controlled. Mine has spring rates about 2.5 times.more than stock and some really have duty sway bars, to keep up with the tires I run.

Old 11-02-2016, 11:10 PM
I have been running my GD in time attack as much as possible this year with a 3rd and 2nd in street class at 2 major events. This weekend I load up and head out to Buttonwillow, CA from Atlanta, GA for Global Time Attack Super Lap Battle.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
I autocross my 2017 Fit today in HS or H-Street with one of the clubs around Chicago. My WRX has a mechanical issue I need to look at. Didn't want to tear up parts that might be good just for the sake of racing it, so I raced the Fit. Was like bringing a knife to a gunfight. It was a fast nationals style course designed by Jason Frank. Learned that the "dance" to turn off the VSA listed on this sight doesn't work. Car will still cut power during the run.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
I autocrossed the GD for the first time this past Saturday at Brooksville in the S5 class. The car went out on stock springs and dampers with an awful set of General Altimax AS 195/55r15 tires (that came with the car when I bought it, didn't even care to adjust tire pressures prior to running) that plowed and screamed just as badly as expected; it was a shit show but still tons of fun. I got in 4 runs with a best of 50.451 sec for a 2nd in class (out of 3) and 70th overall (out of 90). 1st in class was a '99 Miata on R-comps that ran a 48.923 (62nd overall), so I'm confident that with even a mild tire change and proper pressures that time is within reach. Next time!

Track:

Credit Philip Petrie

CreditPhilip Petrie

Old 06-06-2017, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by idrivemyself
I autocrossed the GD for the first time this past Saturday at Brooksville in the S5 class. I got in 4 runs with a best of 50.451 sec for a 2nd in class (out of 3) and 70th overall (out of 90). 1st in class was a '99 Miata on R-comps that ran a 48.923 (62nd overall), so I'm confident that with even a mild tire change and proper pressures that time is within reach. Next time!
S5 class? Not familiar with this classification and how you can be in the same class as a Miata with R-Comps? Must not be an SCCA group?

At least you're racing somewhere?

IDK about autocross with the Fit? My two event experiment basically reinforced what I already knew. I need to race my other car that I bought to race. If the Fit is your only car than you have the right car. Makes the choice easy. Think it also depends on what club or how competitive the club is? First time I raced my Fit I was 1st in class and 6th out of 44 at a smaller less competitive club. Next time I raced it was at a more competitive club around the Chicago area. 3rd out of 6 in class and 60th out of 95 on PAX. At least I ended up with some good photos?

The car I normally race

Quick Reply: Tracking/AutoX Discussion