Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Fit *Showoff* forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Fit *Showoff* forum

I have a suggestion for Fitfreak. I was wondering if maybe a showoff forum could be made. What I mean is a member can make a thread to "showoff" their Fit. Any updates on their Fit, mods, new pics, etc can simply be posted under their original showoff thread created. For example: Aznguyen316's SSM Fit showoff thread and lists of mods etc can be posted along with pictures and any and ALL updates made throughout the lifetime of the car can be posted and edited under this one and only thread for my car.
That way multiple threads aren't created by a single user when one gets new wheels, or a new mod. It can just be updated on a thread. Plus when searching or looking for a mod or whatever on a fit, someone can point out, hey Aznguyen316 has that on his fit, go check out his showoff thread.

I think this would help organizing the fit pictures videos area, b/c I've seen the same car posted w/ new wheels or new lights but with new threads, and I forget who is who. THis way people can get to know what car has what and it helps to add a more family, group feel by knowing or learning people's cars and mods..

Let me know what you guys think =)

Jonathan

Old 05-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Excellent Idea. We have in development two modules to better facilitate this. Sort of like a "Fit Garage"

We have to still finish testing and decide which of the 2 modules to use.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Hey a Fit Garage, I like the sound of that. Yeah I think that would be a great way to get the Fitfreak community well acquainted with each other and each other's cars.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FaceYogurt
Excellent Idea. We have in development two modules to better facilitate this. Sort of like a "Fit Garage"

We have to still finish testing and decide which of the 2 modules to use.
any updates on this? How about a trial forum to see how it works? And if necessary, maybe a restriction to members until they've been around for a week or so many # posts? I'm honestly getting annoyed that my few threads showing off my wheels or whatever have been consolidated into a large 20-30+ page thread...especially when it wasn't a nonsense thread.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
where the admins at? this forum is the best available fit forum but certainly not the best honda forum around... let's see some proactive people! not trying to knock FF (I'm reppin' yall on my license plate lol) but I know this site can be even better!

Old 07-13-2007, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
this is an awesome site! we just need more elbow grease from members getting envolved, and trying to make this site more fun! on one of our local srt4 fourms they have a "jdm style points" for each member when they add something new to their ride (although not jdm cars) kinda like our rep? except our rep doesnt really move when we get rep points. would b kinda cool???

Old 07-13-2007, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by George02
this is an awesome site! we just need more elbow grease from members getting envolved, and trying to make this site more fun! on one of our local srt4 fourms they have a "jdm style points" for each member when they add something new to their ride (although not jdm cars) kinda like our rep? except our rep doesnt really move when we get rep points. would b kinda cool???
here we go! making the site fun! that's what I want out of Fitfreak.. THere are many many car forums out there, let's make FF something unique, but have me actually want to come back to update etc.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by aznguyen316
I have a suggestion for Fitfreak. I was wondering if maybe a showoff forum could be made. What I mean is a member can make a thread to "showoff" their Fit. Any updates on their Fit, mods, new pics, etc can simply be posted under their original showoff thread created. For example: Aznguyen316's SSM Fit showoff thread and lists of mods etc can be posted along with pictures and any and ALL updates made throughout the lifetime of the car can be posted and edited under this one and only thread for my car.
That way multiple threads aren't created by a single user when one gets new wheels, or a new mod. It can just be updated on a thread. Plus when searching or looking for a mod or whatever on a fit, someone can point out, hey Aznguyen316 has that on his fit, go check out his showoff thread.

I think this would help organizing the fit pictures videos area, b/c I've seen the same car posted w/ new wheels or new lights but with new threads, and I forget who is who. THis way people can get to know what car has what and it helps to add a more family, group feel by knowing or learning people's cars and mods..

Let me know what you guys think =)

Jonathan
Excellent idea! We need this!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
if it ain't really in the works, then I'm bout to start my own thread here real soon in the FIt pics/vids section

Old 08-29-2007, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
does this site move to improve or not? =(

Old 08-29-2007, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
doesnt seem that way??? we're are a growing community also so that might b the problem? we need more fun stuff, or topics!

Old 08-29-2007, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
doesnt seem that way??? we're are a growing community also so that might b the problem? we need more fun stuff, or topics!
agreed. This site needs to move faster and be more entertaining as well. I want the community to be closer. I'm on enough to recognize many of the cars, as well as yours George and that's a good thing.. I think a showoff forum will help that greatly as well!

Old 08-29-2007, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
I am liking the idea of the fit garage and showoff/showroom thing i think that would be cool, and the rep points, plus i wish there was more meets around to get closer to the community i mean i don't have my fit yet, but it would still be great to meet people haha
hope i don't start changing the subject

Old 08-29-2007, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SpoonSportFit
I am liking the idea of the fit garage and showoff/showroom thing i think that would be cool, and the rep points, plus i wish there was more meets around to get closer to the community i mean i don't have my fit yet, but it would still be great to meet people haha
hope i don't start changing the subject

agreed! the rep points dont work to well at all. I have 12 points but yet it only shows 1. a fit garage would b pretty neat

Old 08-30-2007, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
agreed! the rep points dont work to well at all. I have 12 points but yet it only shows 1. a fit garage would b pretty neat
I have 10 rep points but it only shows 1 also i think though that it is in levels like after so many you get 1 then the next couple you get 2 that is how it looks i am not for sure though