Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Suggest permanent OEM upgrade section w/ sticky threads

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Suggest permanent OEM upgrade section w/ sticky threads

Why not start a OEM upgrade section? By OEM upgrades I am talking about Honda features or Honda accessories available in other markets but not in the US. Each upgrade topic would be sticky as there would be no reason to duplicate the topic. Example: under the major section head OEM Upgrade you would have topics like
  1. Manual seat height adjustment
  2. Intermittent rear wiper
  3. Adjustable headlight aiming
  4. Parking sensors
  5. MPG & exterior temperature
A topic would start with a picture of the upgrade, the market that it is available and initially the likelihood that it can be installed on a US version. Each upgrade topic would be sticky as there would not be a reason to start a second topic on the same subject. As a topic aged users would respond with sources and prices of the components, how to install them and ultimately pictures of the completed install. Newbies for example would have one place to find out about the upper console, what it looks like and how to install it, plus it would stay put for the next wave of newbies asking the same thing. As it is there is no lasting and coherent presentation of the topic. Ultimately the section might migrate to a Fitfreak University section (see HIDplanet for example).

With this approach you can keep the OEM upgrades separate from all the custom mod topics.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:10 AM
I believe they have, certainly the upper console has been done. The items I listed were obscure but listed only as examples. Several vendors (some supporters of this forum) are selling imported parts from Japan and the UK with components that would be considered OEM upgrades. No one vendor has a complete list of what's available. Early on, the list of topics could include those items easily available. I just got a copy of the UK Honda Jazz accessory brochure. It has things that I never saw before. Luckily I travel to the UK on business and will be able to pick up a number of them. Many Fit owners would hammer on vendors to provide these items if they knew what was available. In the end this approach would be informative and likely a benefit to forum users and forum commercial supporters. The double DIN radio mount took a long time in development from the traditional ICE vendors. It has been available in the UK for years. Had forum members known that perhaps some would have swapped radios a long time ago. Also I think it reasonable that OEM upgrades be kept separate from custom mods which could be difficult to characterize. I think my suggestion remains valid.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Banned
ccweems-
You had a good idea and we (members) appreciate the thought. As claymore says, the idea has kind of been covered, but you would not know that as a new member. As a personal favor to a total stranger (me), PLEASE post info. if/when you find anything useful in Europe that WILL fit USDM Fits.

Thanks-
Dave

Old 07-01-2007, 09:05 PM
The value of the proposal still stands. Fit owners often wish to upgrade their cars. Why not keep the related threads in one place so that we don't have to revisit the same story? HID Planet discovered a long time ago that there were a number of reoccurring topics of importance to newbies. They set up "HID University" which has brought a degree of order to the forum. Many inquiries are politely answered with the suggestion to visit the HID University. For myself I'd really like to know how to implement a intermittent rear wiper. It is standard in the UK on all but the lowest model. Should I figure it out and post the solution what will be the likelihood that a newbie will find it in 6 months? I also think that forum members will be more likley to well document their work if they know that it won't soon be buiried on page 14 of a topic.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Add more colors choice for the seat.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Banned
my shiny penny

In my humble opinion the Fit would most benefit from an interior upgrade more than anything else.
My 07 BOM is great but I would like to have some seat adjustment and a lumbar, after 1/2 hour driving the seats are not so comfy anymore.
Other people have gone to extremes to put leather in which looks nice but something other than black velour that wouldn't grab dust and debris would be a great improvement.
I also saw on this forum that someone put a really nice sunroof in, that would be awesome if it was factory.
As for OEM (Honda) aftermarket you gotta be kidding me! I can buy third party cheaper and it performs much better.