Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Can we ditch the Honda banners?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Is this new in the last week or so?

Now, if they were adverts for the Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris, Kia Rio, etc, that would maybe make more sense? Seems silly to advertise the car where the owners are?

Honestly, parts/service/aftermarket/performace vendors or the like sure, but I think we know about the car.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Adblock Plus

Get Firefox and install the Adblock Plus extension. I had to turn this off to see what the fuss was about.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Another thing I just noticed now b/c I'm at work is, if you have a wheely-mouse and use the wheel to scroll through the pages, when your pointer hits the top banner you can't scroll w/ the wheel anymore. I never noticed this at home since I have a track-ball there, but try it, it stops dead anytime the pointer's on the banner. Above it, below it, to the side, anywhere but the banner you can scroll just fine otherwise.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:59 PM
kill the one on the side it sucks

Old 08-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I say congrats to management for getting Honda on board to Advertise here. I was pretty happy to see their official adds graze this site! This means we are getting more popular and sustainable, plus Honda execs must be paying more attention to this site too!

The top adds are great, not really liking the side one... it squishes my screen over and it seems kind of like a duplication with the top one right above. My feeling is I would like to have the right side of my screen back.

But Please Please Please whatever you guys do don't get the pop up ones that stretch across the screen and stuff. Those drive me insane, I quit going to a lot of sites that use them because they annoy me so much. Also the full video adds that starts up every page are alsp agrivating because I have to keep adjusting my computer volume

Anyway, congrats!

Old 08-02-2007, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
I hadn't seen the ads until I read this post and viewed the post with internet explorer. I surf using Firefox with adblockerplus so I rarely see ads.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down

Annoying!

Old 08-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
get a faster computer

Old 08-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Maybe if Honda was advertising for their aftermarket products-hfp wheels, sport muffler, floor mats, etc.- it might make more sense. The fact that we are already owners has been made. The vast majority of us are looking to make our rides better,so ads for the extra goodies seems smarter than ads for the car.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:01 AM
i vote nay :thumbsdown:

Old 08-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
You can definitely tell that the site is running slower than before the banners. I agree the side tower is a little much. I wanted to show someone at work a picture of my car and we could not wait the one minute for the thread to open up. I think it is cool that Honda wants to showcase the Fit on the forum. It would have been nice when I started looking at a Fit to have this information on one site. At least Honda is doing some constructive ads for the little Fit instead of 2 second blurs on t.v. ads. What is it with Honda and backing this great little car? Funny how they do nothing to sell the Fit but we are all freaks for this car and don't mind telling people how great it is. When I was at the Honda dealership some lady was looking at a base MR A/T Fit in the showroom. I was sitting waiting on my car and went over to show her the seat mods while the salespeople just watched! Maybe they could offer some tech help to prevent it from slowing down the speed of access - you know some of us are on our lunch hour at work and only have a short time to view this web page! LOL!!

Cat :x

Old 08-06-2007, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
So just curious, has any action been decided about these banners yet? In less than a week this thread has got more replies and views than many that have been running much longer. It also seems that the general consensus is pretty negative -- slow-downs, formatting issues, interference w/ forum features like Search, etc.. And while many appreciate that Honda finds our site important enough to wish to sponsor it, most don't seem to appreciate having to suffer for their interest.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chikubi
So just curious, has any action been decided about these banners yet? In less than a week this thread has got more replies and views than many that have been running much longer. It also seems that the general consensus is pretty negative -- slow-downs, formatting issues, interference w/ forum features like Search, etc.. And while many appreciate that Honda finds our site important enough to wish to sponsor it, most don't seem to appreciate having to suffer for their interest.
Agreed. I still think Honda is wasting money where the owners are, trying to sell a car we already have????

Old 08-07-2007, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
I hate it

That scrolling Honda Fit ad really drives me crazy. That is all.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
I Don't like the size of the ads but clearly they will pay the bills. I far prefer the free and healthy FitFreak with ads than anything else.

Maybe Honda can adjust their ads to fit us. Smaller or links to Future Fit information. (Ha) Or real Honda feedback surveys so we can vent about Footrests.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
I really noticed them at first but now I"m used to them. No biggy to me, I'd like it if they weren't there, but I don't run this site and don't know what it takes to run it. If ads help keep this forum alive then so be it.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Andrew
Maybe Honda can adjust their ads to fit us. Smaller or links to Future Fit information. (Ha) Or real Honda feedback surveys so we can vent about Footrests.

This is what I've been meaning the whole time. It's not ads that bother me, cause I know we need them, rather it's ads that are in your face and interfere with what people are trying to do here that are unnecessary. Honda advertises at S2KI.com too, how come they don't have annoying ads like here? S2KI.com in general just uses big normal banners, not Flash ads that suck up resources needlessly. S2KI is doing pretty well it seems, so no reason why we shouldn't be able to either.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
They make this website look more professional though...
but everybody is right...we all have Fits, if not, cruising through the site would help out more making a decision than knowing magic seats.

they have fooled me twice. First I thought the Fit was offering a 2nd row of magic seats(additional to the one we already have) and then thought the web had this cool banner that welcomed you, since I saw my user name "fits all" in there, but that was kind of dumb by myself.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
What is the latest on this? All I know is the board is still slow, even on DSL.

The more I think about it, the less sense it makes. One would think Toyota, VW or Hyundai would chomp at advertising here more than Honda to draw (away) customers?

My rationale? I am a longtime Packard (car) enthusiast, and they had the motto:

"Ask the man that owns one"

Are we to assume that Honda's motto is:

"Advertise to the man that owns one"?

Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
Exactly

Originally Posted by dman77fb
Maybe if Honda was advertising for their aftermarket products-hfp wheels, sport muffler, floor mats, etc.- it might make more sense. The fact that we are already owners has been made. The vast majority of us are looking to make our rides better,so ads for the extra goodies seems smarter than ads for the car.

This is so true! Anyone here is more likely to be thinking about aftermarket / custom stuff, not about buying a Fit.

Quick Reply: Can we ditch the Honda banners?