Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Fair and Impartial Moderation???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
Perhaps the vendors should decide...

what I mean is, they choose to advertise on this site, thus they can choose not to advertise on this site...

I can understand claymore's point, but the fact is, most here are adults who can read and make choices on what they read...this is a open forum, and the information read and shared here should be viewed in that light...

for me, If where seeking information on that product, I would like some input from those who've had experience with that product...if it happens to come from a moderator, so be it...

again, let the advertisers/vendors decide....if they want to pull their support, let them...if they want to work to improve their product based on feedback form real users, even moderators, all the better...

Last edited by inmytree; 03-18-2008 at 10:36 AM. Reason: spellun...:)
Old 03-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned
Guys there are some constructive comments finally making themselves known but please stick to the topic and not discuss the two systems there are already a post for each system where you can feel free to posts all your comments about the two systems.

If this goes Off topic even a little there are wolves in the wings just waiting for any excuse, legitimate or not, to use his words "lock it" and this topic needs to be discussed before it gets shut down.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Banned
theres nothing to be discussed, this is YOUR OPINION. To be frank from the posts of yours that I have ready I do not value your opinion, mostly due to the way you try to drive your point. Its not YOUR website, maybe when you've paid for a membership you can complain. When has a webforum ever been a democracy? Never, the things the admin team does are up to the admin/owners of the site, and if the admin/owners of the site feel like this situation is okay then there is nothing to be discussed.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by yeamans17
And before you go on about how if I have real life experience in the high performance world, I've been doing this since I was quite young, and I'm sure I would have heard a little more about said company before now...
Well I guess your vast experience never included any NHRA activity as there have been multiple national class record holders using Doug Thorley headers. And notice others posting that had heard of them Perhaps that is because they were directed more toward the PROFESSIONAL racing users not amateurs.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Retired Moderator
Hmmm maybe we need a poll and see what the FF.net community wants the mods to be.

IMO, as a moderator, we are here to stop useless spam, prevent conflicts (flaming), and keep the peace whenever we can.
However, I do not think it is within our scope to not be biased based on what experiences we've had. As with anyone else, when we've tried a product and like it or have been treated well by a company, we will naturally endorse the product/company because it was a positive experience and we wish to pass that along to everyone else. Just because someone has paid for merchant status doesn't make them invulnerable to negative comments.
Some people have been questioning Ben & AJ Racing's turbo kit saying that it is made in China and it is a copy of cheap chinese turbo kits. I didn't see anyone else stick up for Ben. Once someone said they looked similar, the flood gates opened and assumptions were made about T1R products that are not true. Ben and AJ Racing develop their own products that are produced overseas in Taiwan, Japan, etc. A lot of R&D goes into their products which is why they make such great parts for our cars. I've spoken with him frequently over the last few months and to hear how much work they put into these parts is remarkable. If it doesn't meet spec, it is never produced and goes back up on the drawing board. This is why the T1R Dampers have been delayed for so long!
I believe moderators have every right to voice their opinion and experience regarding products being sold on this site. We are moderators for a reason. We've been active members of this community with lots of experience with our cars. To discount all opinions of the moderators I think would be a travesty.
I've openly supported AJ Racing and T1R products since last year because of the excellent products they bring to the Honda Fit community and the great service that AJ Racing are known for. Ben is always willing to help me and is always available for me to contact and get a hold of if I have a question. Not many people are as dedicated as they are to our community.
If this community so chooses to silence moderators and what our opinions are, then I'd have to rescind my position as a FF.net moderator as I've already openly endorsed AJ Racing and their products. I would not want my opinion muted just because I have a few more options at the bottom of the page.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
Well I guess your vast experience never included any NHRA activity as there have been multiple national class record holders using Doug Thorley headers. And notice others posting that had heard of them Perhaps that is because they were directed more toward the PROFESSIONAL racing users not amateurs.
I thought we were to stay on topic....

Old 03-18-2008, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
claymore, it seems you're going to a lot of trouble to cause a lot of trouble.

I'm guessing that the first mishap that a DT customer had would have you telling Chris that it was not just his right, but his responsibility as moderator to inform the FitFreak community of his experience with the DT kit.

I'm trying to think outside of the box (the penalty box that you're trying to stuff JDMChris into) and find a solution that helps Fit owners instead of penalizes people sharing their knowledge. Maybe Chris didn't go about his information sharing the correct way, but I'm glad that he's willing to share ALL information regarding our cars and an expesive purchase that he's capable of doing.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Illusive
Hmmm maybe we need a poll and see what the FF.net community wants the mods to be.

IMO, as a moderator, we are here to stop useless spam, prevent conflicts (flaming), and keep the peace whenever we can.
However, I do not think it is within our scope to not be biased based on what experiences we've had. As with anyone else, when we've tried a product and like it or have been treated well by a company, we will naturally endorse the product/company because it was a positive experience and we wish to pass that along to everyone else. Just because someone has paid for merchant status doesn't make them invulnerable to negative comments.
Some people have been questioning Ben & AJ Racing's turbo kit saying that it is made in China and it is a copy of cheap chinese turbo kits. I didn't see anyone else stick up for Ben. Once someone said they looked similar, the flood gates opened and assumptions were made about T1R products that are not true. Ben and AJ Racing develop their own products that are produced overseas in Taiwan, Japan, etc. A lot of R&D goes into their products which is why they make such great parts for our cars. I've spoken with him frequently over the last few months and to hear how much work they put into these parts is remarkable. If it doesn't meet spec, it is never produced and goes back up on the drawing board. This is why the T1R Dampers have been delayed for so long!
I believe moderators have every right to voice their opinion and experience regarding products being sold on this site. We are moderators for a reason. We've been active members of this community with lots of experience with our cars. To discount all opinions of the moderators I think would be a travesty.
I've openly supported AJ Racing and T1R products since last year because of the excellent products they bring to the Honda Fit community and the great service that AJ Racing are known for. Ben is always willing to help me and is always available for me to contact and get a hold of if I have a question. Not many people are as dedicated as they are to our community.
If this community so chooses to silence moderators and what our opinions are, then I'd have to rescind my position as a FF.net moderator as I've already openly endorsed AJ Racing and their products. I would not want my opinion muted just because I have a few more options at the bottom of the page.
X2, very well put!!

Old 03-18-2008, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive

x3. You said what I was trying to say, but in a much better way and from a unique perspective.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
are you trying to claim that your OPINION is better than someone elses becuase of your track time? first of all...i dont see how track time with DT headers is a valid point to a superchargers inferiority.

and then i dont know how you can possibly claim your opnion is better than another members. unless your stating proven facts, you cant claim that.
if the vendor feels they are beening badmouthed, they can pull there advertising from this site, or simply contribute proven r&d about their product to prove otherwise.

dont forget your on the internet...everyone has an opinon, its doesnt have to agree with yours. a moderator or not, they are still people and will have an opinon too. and honestly, if JDMCHRIS has some background informationa bout the DT kit, he should tell everyone...no matter if it is good or bad. since teh vendor has failed to contribute hard evidance/specs for anything...im glad to have a moderator who has some knowledge about aproduct.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by inmytree
Perhaps the vendors should decide...

what I mean is, they choose to advertise on this site, thus they can choose not to advertise on this site...

again, let the advertisers/vendors decide....if they want to pull their support, let them...if they want to work to improve their product based on feedback form real users, even moderators, all the better...
When they made their decision to invest their MONEY in advertising their product I'm 100% POSITIVE that they didn't know that their product was going to be disparaged by a member of the FITFREAK administration the very first day they started posting.

I'm equally sure this is not the "Warm Welcome" they thought they would get for introducing their product and to have their veracity questioned by another member of the FitFreak administration only because they didn't have a website and one moderator had such limited automotive experience that he was unfamiliar with the company????

No one including FitFreak Administration staff gave them a bit of time to settle in. How long has "the other company" been posting and promising and how long did it take them to post photos and then say things have changed and no NEW photos or photos on the demonstration vehicle (two whole posts over several months if not a year). I guess that is OK if a moderator is recommending their kit but the new guys are supposed to have every detail lined up before they even start.

I mean this started on the VERY FIRST DAY of posting. And as for suggestions how about a little more than one day to get to them up and running at least treated EQUALLY and FAIRLY by the FitFreak administration and staff including moderators.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Illusive, your post was very well said.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
When they made their decision to invest their MONEY in advertising their product I'm 100% POSITIVE that they didn't know that their product was going to be disparaged by a member of the FITFREAK administration the very first day they started posting.

I'm equally sure this is not the "Warm Welcome" they thought they would get for introducing their product and to have their veracity questioned by another member of the FitFreak administration only because they didn't have a website and one moderator had such limited automotive experience that he was unfamiliar with the company????

No one including FitFreak Administration staff gave them a bit of time to settle in. How long has "the other company" been posting and promising and how long did it take them to post photos and then say things have changed and no NEW photos or photos on the demonstration vehicle (two whole posts over several months if not a year). I guess that is OK if a moderator is recommending their kit but the new guys are supposed to have every detail lined up before they even start.

I mean this started on the VERY FIRST DAY of posting. And as for suggestions how about a little more than one day to get to them up and running at least treated EQUALLY and FAIRLY by the FitFreak administration and staff including moderators.
as I said, they can pull there advertising dollars if they choose to...I'm sure they are big boys and girls who can take care of themselves...if they feel slighted or taken, they can address it with those they paid...

I have to ask, are you in some way, affiliated with those who've been "disparaged"...? I'm just curious...

Old 03-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
are you trying to claim that your OPINION is better than someone elses becuase of your track time? first of all...i dont see how track time with DT headers is a valid point to a superchargers inferiority.

and then i dont know how you can possibly claim your opnion is better than another members. unless your stating proven facts, you cant claim that.
if the vendor feels they are beening badmouthed, they can pull there advertising from this site, or simply contribute proven r&d about their product to prove otherwise.

dont forget your on the internet...everyone has an opinon, its doesnt have to agree with yours. a moderator or not, they are still people and will have an opinon too. and honestly, if JDMCHRIS has some background informationa bout the DT kit, he should tell everyone...no matter if it is good or bad. since teh vendor has failed to contribute hard evidance/specs for anything...im glad to have a moderator who has some knowledge about aproduct.

Show me anywhere in any post that I have EVER written that I have said my opinion is better than anybody else's than I will listen to your rant. You are resorting to pulling things OUT OF THIN AIR because you have nothing really to say.

So lets see any example of my saying my opinion is better than anybody else's. We are having a grown up discussion here we don't need rants about about opinions we have heard you rant and moved along.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:09 AM
I am going to close the thread until admins have a chance to address.