Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

NEW moderation rules??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Banned
NEW moderation rules??

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...run-exwrx.html

This thread started some pressing questions on moderation at this site. The membership needs to know if the rules have been changed.

First and foremost can moderators now READ members PMs? Like Chris G alleges in this post? Post #14

I knew this was going to come from as I could see you two PMing one another.

Do Moderators now have the ability to SPY on members?

Second have the rules been changed to allow ANY moderator (not just admin guys) to edit the writing in any post. Editing of posts has always been FORBIDDEN unless you a member of the admin team.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Retired Moderator
SuperMods nor Mods can read any PMs other then our own, to my knowledge that is a exclusive to Admins of the site. No we dont spy on members for any reason.

Also to my knowledge editing posts with out admin permission is a no no. I personally have never done it. And i dont think any of our new Mods or SuperMods have been doing that either.

Tyler

Old 06-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Retired Moderator
Mods & Super Mods cannot read other people's PM's. I can't either or haven't figured out how to, but don't plan on using it if I have it. I believe Chris G made an assumption. To be honest, it wasn't that secretive and I think many people could have figured that out.

Mods & Super Mods are not allowed to edit posts, but can merge, move, trash, delete, etc. as they deem fit. Only Admin may edit posts, but I don't plan on ever doing that unless it's over something like a posted price or GB or something to do with sales.

I hope that clears everything up.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by TOOL
SuperMods nor Mods can read any PMs other then our own, to my knowledge that is a exclusive to Admins of the site. No we dont spy on members for any reason.

Also to my knowledge editing posts with out admin permission is a no no. I personally have never done it. And i dont think any of our new Mods or SuperMods have been doing that either.

Tyler
Can you read ChrisG's admission that that is just what he did?

Old 06-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by manxman
I have already spoken to Justin about it.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by manxman
Like Illusive stated, i belive he was just assuming you two were PMing.

Tyler

Old 06-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Banned
Chris G did just edit a post and said he was watching us pm

I knew this was going to come from as I could see you two PMing one another.

And you better edit your own spelling this is a MAJOR change to the meaning of your post if you really meant to say

SuperMods nor Mods CAN'T read any PMs other then our own

not yours like this:

SuperMods nor Mods can read any PMs other then our own

Unless you were having a Freudian slip and really meant to say you CAN read our PMs and let the cat out of the bag.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:53 AM
I believe everyone on this forum has the ability to see what others are doing.

I am on another VBulletin style forum and you can see what other members are doing by simply clicking their names.
Name:  manxman-1.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  66.4 KB

Old 06-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned
so you are spying on members and admit it now?????

Old 06-04-2008, 12:08 PM
How do you figure its spying when everyone can do it?

Old 06-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by ChrisG
How do you figure its spying when everyone can do it?
He is right, you can do that and see what the last activity of the person was. He just assumed it was manxman.

BTW, everyone please CALM DOWN!!!

Old 06-04-2008, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
ban... I think every1 knows what I mean

Old 06-04-2008, 01:24 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by George02
ban... I think every1 knows what I mean
cmon man, lets not further exacerbate the situation.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
cmon man, lets not further exacerbate the situation.

Its true tho. Nothing but neg comments from him, and always neg repping members for speaking their mind. wuv u

Old 06-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Banned
Ban for what members can't ask questions of the admin now?? All members have the option to use their neg rep button feel free to use yours and stop whining when you get neg repped. If members want the neg rep option removed they can ask the Admin to remove that option ooopppps I forgot nobody can question the admin of this site in your opinion.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
Name:  meow-1.gif
Views: 20
Size:  1.59 MB

Old 06-05-2008, 02:22 AM
Despite how crude claymore is sometimes and how negative he is sometime ( I have been neg repped by him twice ). I don't think he should be banned. He does sometimes posted very useful info and lots of times knows what he is talking about.

BTW Solbrothers Superbad FTMFW!

Old 06-05-2008, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry if I offend someone, but since when this thread is about how crude Claymore is or neg comments, or Superbad?

The point of this thread is about rule changing and "Do moderators now have the ability to spy on members?" What is the point of Moderators or Super Moderators or any member or even anything higher needing the ability to spy on other people? To me it feels too much of an invasion of privacy, and if someone has the ability to read ANY private information it can lead up to an even more serious problem. I do not want people to know what I'm doing.

I can understand the moderators' intentions to regulate and uphold the rules of the forum, but if there are any rule changes isn't it also the job of the moderators to follow though and inform us, the members, about it?

In my opinion, I believe the way how the moderators are handling this issue is not right. In what ways should Claymore be banned in this issue for giving his opinion on what he feels is right and wrong about how he feel about how the moderators handle this? Also, how can anyone with "higher powers" to make a decision based on an assumption without proof?

Maybe this is off topic, but what is the requirements in order to become a moderator? Shouldn't they have some kind of background in fair judgment or decent morals? Because it seems that in order to be a moderator, you must have "x" amount of posts.

Once again, I apologize if this sounds like a personal attack.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Slimjimx701x
Maybe this is off topic, but what is the requirements in order to become a moderator? Shouldn't they have some kind of background in fair judgment or decent morals? Because it seems that in order to be a moderator, you must have "x" amount of posts.
I would like to know what the process behind this is as well as it seems that some of the mods know very little about cars, no personal attacks here, but some of them just spend far too much time online, so they get the "priveledge" of being a moderator. I always thought that a moderator was someone who not only has a large knowledge of the subject on the board, but also someone who has good morals and decision making skills.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Retired Moderator
Being a mod has nothing to do with car knowledge for one thing.
Descision making skills are key, which all our mods have. Knowing how to handle all the diffrent situations that may come at you on a forum of the size is another thing. We dont pick mods based on post count at all. We DO look for dedication and someone who has the time to properly make sure everything is in check on a daily basis.
"mods spend to much time online", its kinda what we are here to do. Spend time online, watch over the board, make sure eveything is in check.
Yes all of us on the staff team love FitFreak.net, love the community and love to contribute and have fun here! We are moderators and we are also members of this site, and we still have the right to have some fun here on the site when necessary!

Tyler