Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

AJ Racing selling fake J's products?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Banned
Amazing. J's Racing followed my advice and has finally pursued the matter.

Junichi - you owe me big time when I visit Osaka this year.

*For those interested in a class action, it might be possible to join your claims with J's Racing. Unfortunately, in my opinion, after the legal proceedings take place and if any damages are awarded to J's Racing, I doubt anything will be left for anyone else after attorney fees. AJ Racing doesn't have deep pockets.

Last edited by junktea1; 01-13-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Hrm...

(10 characters)

Last edited by Btrthnezr3; 01-13-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
AJR is promising to make a statement shortly

Originally Posted by AJ PwR Jr.
I have made lot of responses to a similar thread awhile back Jason AJR Jay will respond to it shortly.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:28 PM
I have bought a few items from AJ in the past They are one of the few "reputable" shops in Vancouver which isn't far away form me. I bought a set of TEIN springs for my AP1 S2000, they never sit evenly, and I know that it is very possible they were fakes. (The fake Tein's were everywhere at the time.) Who knows... my S2k was sold long ago. Only a speculation.

Very curious to know what comes of this...

Old 01-13-2010, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Everyone,

This is not something new. During 2009 summer there were posts going on in regards AJR and J's Racing already.

We have responded to previous posts and we have already told our side of the story. Anyways, for those who found this thread new and interesting, I will post our side of the story again and I will keep this simple.

Firstly, the parts we sold were supplied by J's Racing. Ever since day one when we imported the products, over 50% of the products we received did not have logos, originally packaging, catalogs or even stickers. I can speak for myself as well as AJR since I was the one who had packaged some of these products. We have been challenged by customers who had purchased these parts from us in the past saying these products were kind of sketch. There was nothing we could do if the products came to us in that condition.

Secondly, J's stated they had never made any "special edition" products like USDM versions, this was not true. There were numberous products made such as, USDM Grills, lip spoiler (GD3,FG2), GT wings (FG2)....etc. that's false info. Maybe if you got nothing to do you can run a search and you will find them.

Thirdly, there are many waranty issues, quality issues, fitment issues and missing components with the parts...............etc. JUST SEARCH on any Honda forums, you will find them. Broken or defected products never been replaced nor warranteed by the manufacturer. Those waranteed products were covered by AJR itself by paying out of it's own pocket.

Fourthly, J's Racing claimed that AJR has been selling knock off J's Racing products. Well, if the supplier supplied their products with no packaging, stickers or badgings, and denying the authenticy, what should we do??? Now this situation ended up like this.

I have been working at AJR since 2008 and I have not seen a single knock off branded product while I was doing all AJR's inventory and shipping work back at that time. I am not trying to defend the company that I work for since I can just simply pack and go without giving a damn, BUT if AJR has to be bad mouthed for no reason, I think I have to stand up for it.

Once last thing regarding to Mr. J's letter, if everything is true, AJR should have closed down and wait to get sued instead of kept up and running.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

Old 01-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Do you have other literature for the TEIN's, or was that ever an issue from you guys? (Did you ever recieve "faulty" versions of those?)

What did J's do reguarding the products? I think, as "clients" we (The forum communities) deserve a better explaination. Is it in court? Who is/was the underhanded dealer?

I think many people know the old saying: There are 3 sides to every story. His story, her story, and the truth.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
i have bought real, and fake j's products from aj racing. the thing that pissed me off the most tho is that i bought a fidanza flywheel from aj racing, i didnt use it and i ended up selling it. turns out it was a flywheel for a hyundai tiburon repackaged into the fit flywheel box and the person i resold it to had to find that out the hard way. made me look bad and made it for sure that i wouldnt spend any more money at aj racing.
Hey there,

I believe this flywheel was drop shipped to you by another supplier. If there was a problem, nothing was addressed to us and we did not know up until now.

However, if you had found this problem out before selling it, we would be more than happy to have the flywheel replaced for you without any charges.

Again, because this flywheel was drop shipped to you from another supplier, it was never at our shop to confirm it was the correct one. I'm not here to bash another supplier for shipping the wrong thing, but sometimes, shipping mistakes do happen.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

Old 01-13-2010, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Troubler
Do you have other literature for the TEIN's, or was that ever an issue from you guys? (Did you ever recieve "faulty" versions of those?)

What did J's do reguarding the products? I think, as "clients" we (The forum communities) deserve a better explaination. Is it in court? Who is/was the underhanded dealer?

I think many people know the old saying: There are 3 sides to every story. His story, her story, and the truth.
Hey there,

Regarding Tein products, it isn't in our main lineup. We actually only special order TEIN products from a well known US supplier, so I gaurentee you that those products are not knock offs. Due to company policies, I am unable to give out the name of this supplier. I hope you will understand.

I personally have never sold a set of TEIN products with any defects on them yet, however, there can always be a chance of defective products. Not everything is bulletproof...

I'm not sure what J's have done regarding their products. As I have made in my first post here, alot of their products were missing labels, logos, catalogs, and stickers (I can speak for myself since I've seen the boxes and "packing" they use). To why some parts are missing J's stickers or emblems and labels is one I have to question myself. I remember seeing some GT wings with J's stickers and some GT wings with nothing except a wing and hardware. Some exhausts have J's Racing emblems and others have a blank canister.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

Old 01-13-2010, 10:38 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AJR Jay
Hey there,

I believe this flywheel was drop shipped to you by another supplier. If there was a problem, nothing was addressed to us and we did not know up until now.

However, if you had found this problem out before selling it, we would be more than happy to have the flywheel replaced for you without any charges.

Again, because this flywheel was drop shipped to you from another supplier, it was never at our shop to confirm it was the correct one. I'm not here to bash another supplier for shipping the wrong thing, but sometimes, shipping mistakes do happen.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR
hmm, thats odd. because i got the flywheel with a larger shipment that had your guys address on it.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Firstly, the parts we sold were supplied by J's Racing. Ever since day one when we imported the products, over 50% of the products we received did not have logos, originally packaging, catalogs or even stickers. I can speak for myself as well as AJR since I was the one who had packaged some of these products. We have been challenged by customers who had purchased these parts from us in the past saying these products were kind of sketch. There was nothing we could do if the products came to us in that condition.
Guys, nothing against you but I honestly don't buy this aspect of your statement. If you were receiving sub-par products that were missing logo's or improperly packaged or of poor quality you should not shrugging your shoulders and continue to selling their products for so many years. Then there is the ethical side of this question, why would you pass on questionable products to your customers? This doesn't add up.

Also none of this addresses the claim that they ordered and inspected J's products which turned out to be fake. Why would they make such a claim against AJR? What is the motivation here?

Old 01-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
oooh so sketch. which company is full of sh*t haha.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
sounds like the t1r stuff ive seen, no logos, no stickers, no catalogs, no branding, nothing except t1r tape and chinese news paper as packing

Old 01-14-2010, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member
because when i confronted them about the fake muffler, they sent me a real one because i had spent so much money there, that if they wanted to keep my business, then they were going to send me a real one or i was going to post a thread like this.
so u are the one who only care about ur self...? ...if it's really true..u should have posted a thread like this anyways to warn others

Old 01-14-2010, 07:29 AM
^thats what I'm saying.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:40 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FELIXY69
so u are the one who only care about ur self...? ...if it's really true..u should have posted a thread like this anyways to warn others
well, i tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe their side of the story, but after the flywheel fiasco, i have lost all faith in them. im not the type of person to slander a business's good name unless they really deserve it.

to aj racing's credit, they did help me out with a few problems i had, but after fake garrett turbos and the fake greddy bov being sold with their T1R kits, the knock off mufflers and the mispackaged flywheel, im not going to defend them anymore.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:08 PM
9) Notification of the issue to your father, Anthony
what has to do with his father this doesn't sound very professional. indeed, it sounded like two kindergarden kids in a fight

i've been dealing with AJR for the past couple years and i have 0 issues with the stuff and service i got from them.

P.S. btw, i am a random reader and i don't like posting but i found this really funny si i just added my 0.2 cents.

Last edited by KeymaN; 01-14-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KeymaN
what has to do with his father this doesn't sound very professional. indeed, it sounded like two kindergarden kids in a fight

i've been dealing with AJR for the past couple years and i have 0 issues with the stuff and service i got from them.

P.S. btw, i am a random reader and i don't like posting but i found this really funny si i just added my 0.2 cents.
I believe it's a family business Anthony being A from A&J because they used 2 sell kart racing stuff I think. So it still involves him I would think.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Guys, nothing against you but I honestly don't buy this aspect of your statement. If you were receiving sub-par products that were missing logo's or improperly packaged or of poor quality you should not shrugging your shoulders and continue to selling their products for so many years. Then there is the ethical side of this question, why would you pass on questionable products to your customers? This doesn't add up.

Also none of this addresses the claim that they ordered and inspected J's products which turned out to be fake. Why would they make such a claim against AJR? What is the motivation here?
Seriously, its very hard to make a statement to please everyone. Anyone who has dealt with or visited AJR knows what kind of company this is.

Like others have stated, AJ doesn't have deep pockets, we have to move out the inventory in order to keep the cash flowing. AJ cannot afford to pay extra cost and wait for the manufacturer to send the material over.

Due to quality issues, we seriously are not able to check every box we receive. We do not know until the customer calls. We cannot keep any control over this. This has to do with the manufacturer. I'm sure that issue has been brought to their attention countless times, but nothing was done. Anyhow, we did what we had to, to keep the customer happy. Personally, I think if you special ordered something and waiting a couple months to receive it, you would want it out the door asap. I don't think you would want to wait any longer for your parts to arrive. Besides, a company can only imform a manufacture of specific QC issues, its up to the manufacturer to make these changes.

Regarding the issue with the claim of the fake exhaust, I have no idea. This has nothing to do with Ben's father as well, but for some reason it stated his name. Mr J's and Ben's father don't even know each other.

Check out the previous thread, I think Ben made a response.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

Old 01-14-2010, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
hmm, thats odd. because i got the flywheel with a larger shipment that had your guys address on it.
If thats the case, then we admit that there was a mistake made there. If we could have found out the problem sooner, we would provide the proper flywheel for you.

This was more of a packaging mistake on Fidanza's end. If we received a box that stated the flywheel was for a Fit, we would assume it was for the correct application. We're not here to cause you the additional grief of sending you a wrong part on purpose. I hope you understand that, and we are very sorry the wrong part was delivered to you.

Your statement regarding the so called "fake" Garrett turbo and "fake" greddy BOV. The Garrett Turbo is real, there is a number on the turbo itself and it exists. Although you may not be able to trace the number in north american, there are Asian models for these snails as well. If you trace it, you will find it. As for those BOVs, we never stated it is a Greddy one. It is a Greddy style BOV, but we never stated it is by Greddy.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

Old 01-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Jason, I have been down to AJR and dealt with you guys since early 2007 so I do know what kind of company it is. I had faith in the products and always was happy to send you guys additional business whenever the opportunity arose.

This however has nothing to do with the accusations against AJR in this open letter.

I don't really know how to respond to your post because it completely contradicts your previous one; you are saying that you guys don't have the time to open pacakges before you send them on, therefore you are excused by default of sending on defective or poor quality products... but in your previous post you say that 50% of your products were showing up without logos or not in the original packaging.. so which is it?

Bottom line here is somebody is lying; either it is J's Racing or it is AJ-Racing.

You can bet I will be heading down to Speedtech (the new J's distributer) in the near future to compare if any of my J's products are fake. I will also be asking them about how thier J's products are showing up, if they truely were sending you products in such bad pacakaging, missing logo's and condition it would be assumable they still are.

For the meanwhile I think you guys ought to consider that people are spending thousands of dollars on these things. You owe it to them to ensure the quality is there especially on the premium product lines, if there was a lingering quality problem with J's you guys should have dropped the brand instead of continuing to sell questionable products to your customers. "There is nothing we can do" and "We have to keep products moving out the door" are frankly piss poor excuses.

Also to the rest of the Fit Freaks: Please hold off on any kind of judgement until we get some better answers. As I have been digigng in there does seem to be something amiss with J's Racing side of this as well.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 01-14-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Quick Reply: AJ Racing selling fake J's products?