Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

AJ Racing selling fake J's products?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Try this link: it should be English too.
J'S RACING JAPAN

Sugarphreak

No offence! But you looks like a big AJ racing hater Did Js racing Japan pay you to post on forum or did AJ make you lose face or whatever....

you dont need to be a commentator here.

I think every one is now waiting for AJ's officially response.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:08 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Wow is an understatement. I remember joining this site and having owned my Fit and waiting to see the aftermarket products come out. A&J racing to me IMO was too fucking expensive...so i did what every honest american does and use american made products...Skunk2!!! Dont get me wrong i like Mugen and Spoon parts there just too much $$$.

I really think A&J racing will not get any farther with sales since this is a major issue and the noone really knows the truth about what is fake and what is real. All i can say is why is J's racing making such a strong statement that A&J is selling knock-off shit. I wish i still had my Fit because it was a fresh ride. I say for those to be careful from whoever you buy from because these days anyone can be a crook.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Coconutz
You guys saying the A&J Racing are copying spoon exhaust well prove it? Comon you can talk all day long all week long but at the end is just an assumption. I don't have proof of AJ haven't copy J's exhaust but i do have evidence that they didn't copy spoon exhaust because i am pretty sure spoon would post something like J's did for the replica exhausts.... As some of you said, Spoon has deep pocket to file a lawsuit, why not? Copying spoon exhaust and selling it as spoon should be a big problem.
Um, i just got verification from another official dealer of Spoon Sports products that the N1 muffler i purchased from A&J is not authentic.
edit: i did not mention where i bought this product, so that's not a factor.

I can't explain why spoon hasn't done anything about it, and they may not even know.

Feel free to call me an idiot and that i'm "making assumptions" but i've done some homework. Not only is it missing some key identification features, the quality was a little shabby. The pipe wasn't welded square with the flange and it cut into donut gaskets like crazy creating leaks. I went thru 2 gaskets before i noticed the culprit.

I'll be taking my business somewhere else.

Last edited by The BOM; 01-19-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
me too^^^^^^

Old 01-19-2010, 01:50 PM
i love college
my spoon front strut bar is fake.. fuuhhhhhhhhhh

Old 01-19-2010, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by keepitpg
my spoon front strut bar is fake.. fuuhhhhhhhhhh
Wow, that blows. Do you have any pictures? We should start submitting pictures of products in question to compare with one another.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi,

This issue in question has been discussed. We had also timely responded to the letter after consulting with our lawyers. As to protect Js Racings and AJRs privacy, the complete response will not be posted. But in summary, the situation was a misunderstanding. In other words, ALL of the Js Racing products we had sold will always have our full confidence backed as for their source and authenticity.

This issue has been SETTLED between Js Racing and AJR. Js Racing entered a silent vow as they provided no further responses since April 23, 2009. No client-side loss was caused as a result of this incident.

To be honest, I personally think it will be way more beneficial to AJR if we at the company direct this time and effort for rebuttal to, instead, improving AJRs reputation and business. But I for one cannot stand aside on this matter and let this unjust bashing slide by. We are highly disappointed at Js company and Js employees discipline. As all can see, Js Racing had refrained from acting on any of the actions they have listed in the letter as they had absolutely no rights on publicizing this matter. Instead, they had to resort to private blog as a media and post it EIGHT months later to mitigate their responsibility. Such action reflects gravely on their characters and their way of dealing. Such action cannot be tolerated. We will commence actions for any damage caused.

Guys, nothing against you but I honestly don't buy this aspect of your statement. If you were receiving sub-par products that were missing logo's or improperly packaged or of poor quality you should not shrugging your shoulders and continue to selling their products for so many years. Then there is the ethical side of this question, why would you pass on questionable products to your customers? This doesn't add up.
This is very true. What is missing here is that there also existed many products we couldnt send out and resulted in our loss. So because of this incident and their poor quality of goods delivered to us over the years, we had decided to stop importing Js Racing products for good. Js Racing has not officially stopped supplying to us. Since then, we had maintained an excellent relationship with all of our other suppliers, including SPOON, and distributors. I also urge further claims, if it would otherwise damage our reputation, to be discussed with proof rather than speculation.

Im Byron and I am the person who coordinated the seeking of legal advice on this matter. If you have any question, please contact me @ AJR (604) 279-0329. A request for closing this thread is on the way. I sincerely thank all of you for reading this far.

Regards,

Byron L. @ AJR

Old 01-19-2010, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
WAY TO GO AJR. Be silent all along, refrain from commenting even at the heat of the battle, and settle the issue with J's. Very professional, exactly how a company should settle disputes when under fire.

A shop with 19 years of reputation selling car stuff in North America, put on the spot by a foreign company with half-a$$ english posted on a private blog, then everyone goes into a frenzy saying others are way better - all talk and stuff.

IMO, this thread really brings out people's character. Its funny to see how people jump to conclusion and get all irate, start doubting their products, and flaming others who don;t agree with their own fields. Some even claim doing their homework... when there's probably better things to do in life?

Some of you guys should really take this as a life lesson. If you guys have any doubts with the products you get from a certain store, just don't go back, and take it as a learning experience. Better yet, DON'T BUY ANYTHING WHEN IN DOUBT.

I respect all stores I come across and I never doubt anyone of them. I believe in fair trade and people need to make profits to make up for their running cost. If theres a shop I patronage sells fake stuff, I just don't go back - simple as that.

Haters are always hater. Its sad... but today, I'll say AJR 1: J's 0

Sidenote: This time is the muffler, wonder whats next? And guess what? The same people who stir up all this shit is going to come back and ask for more...

Old 01-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITGD3
Sugarphreak

No offence! But you looks like a big AJ racing hater Did Js racing Japan pay you to post on forum or did AJ make you lose face or whatever....

you dont need to be a commentator here.

I think every one is now waiting for AJ's officially response.
You are wrong, I keep things very realistic with my posts generally.

This thread was driven from another forum, I posted it here because I wanted an explaination, other members input and a chance for AJR to reply.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Retired Moderator
I've kept to myself for the most part with this thread as I didn't want to get involved in this mess...however I'm seeing a lot of people making bold statements without any information to back it up. Instead, everyone is lambasting AJ Racing and claiming that whatever they were sold were fake without any real evidence (aside from a few, I know).

Fortunately this has all been resolved and J's is abiding by a silent vow and both sides have recognized that this is a misunderstanding. The worst part is that some people on this forum are using this topic for their personal gain at the cost of a registered vendor. Unfortunately, with this vow, I don't think we will ever find out the complete truth.

Those who feel like they are going to be ripped off should turn a cold shoulder and go elsewhere without having to leave any further negative remarks. Those who don't can continue to purchase from AJ Racing with confidence. We can only assume what happened without a definitive answer and to draw a conclusion from these assumptions are morally incorrect. For all we know, there could have been more to this situation than we are subject to and are ruining the reputation of a business.

I don't know how other manufacturers were dragged into this thread, but I don't think it is fair to say that any other manufacturer parts distributed by AJ Racing are fake. This is not the topic at hand and if there was a cause for concern, it should be brought to the attention of the manufacturing company for review. Without their confirmation and an official release, these assumptions should be taken with a grain of salt.

We all have our own personal thoughts about the situation. However, I don't believe that we should be making any public comments until the truth has been revealed. A lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon and possibly for all of the wrong reasons. There are a lot of great members on here with excellent knowledge and really awesome Fit's, but that doesn't give any of us the right to come to a conclusion. A lot of people depend on our opinions. Without the right information, any conclusions that we draw can have a far greater effect than we perceive.

Many members have not been on this site long enough to know that AJ has sent over GD3's to J's Racing in Japan for R&D. That is a lot of capital to ship half way around the world to be accused of making fake products. I've made many purchases from them in the past and have never encountered any "fake" products myself. That doesn't mean others on the forum have or haven't, but it is something that I wanted to share and show that not everyone posting has had a negative experience. I also don't think that J's would make such a statement from one of their best importers without cause. There is more to this than even myself am privy to, and I will save my judgment on this situation until the whole truth is out.

I'm not taking sides here nor will I discuss this situation again until everything has been cleared up. I'm also not discrediting any members who have purchased products from AJ that they feel are not up to par. There is definitely substance to this matter but we don't know the root cause whether it be the manufacturing facility sourced by the creator or a copy of the final product. Maybe we will never know the whole truth, but it is your responsibility to know your vendors and spend your money where you are comfortable with their products and services.

I hope everyone will take into consideration what I've said before coming to a conclusion. Thread has been closed.