Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Levels and activities?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Stevens24
I think It is different. I wouldn't mind as much if it was slightly smaller so that a thread with 25 posts isn't 4 pages.
I don't think the new system would affect the relationship with the pages and posts. At least on computers that is, not sure about cell phones or those new smart pads.

I believe the set up for the posts and pages is 20 posts to 1 page by default regardless of post or page length. The amount of posts to 1 page may possibly be changeable in your User CP though.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
And just in case anyone missed it here is the thread Sid made going into detail about this new system.

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums - Announcements in Forum : Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-28-2011, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
you should block signatures, feels good man
I like seeing other people's signature, its especially helpful to know what trim/transmission and even mod info without digging around. It just some folks put pictures that are just too large.

Originally Posted by Hootie
I don't think the new system would affect the relationship with the pages and posts. At least on computers that is, not sure about cell phones or those new smart pads.

I believe the set up for the posts and pages is 20 posts to 1 page by default regardless of post or page length. The amount of posts to 1 page may possibly be changeable in your User CP though.
I think, in this case, he meant "screen page" not "next/previous page". Some signatures are so big, that they the post take up half my screen... even though the actual post is three words!

edit: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/xperience.php?go=awards

tombstone... "grave robber" for reviving dead threads

Last edited by Goobers; 06-29-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
We appreciate everyone who is keeping an open mind. This new feature is one that has been worked on for quite a while. We will do our best to iron out the wrinkles, and we ask that you please be patient with us.

We will do our best to make sure your time here at Fitfreak.net is the best it can be. We really believe this new Experience is a much better feature for the forum than the old rep system. Personally I felt the rep system was useless once the scores started shooting up.

This system though really shows you how you personally, each and every member, has the potential to make a permanent mark on this forum. You make a difference. You matter.

Experience is not a popularity contest. The cool kids don't always win, no one plays favorites. Each of you has the opportunity in front of you to add as much or as little as you want to the overall success of not only the forum, but the community as a whole.

I've gone through some rough times lately. I don't have my Fit anymore. But for me, personally, to now be able to look back at what I contributed to this forum, and the entire community, has honestly, helped. I realize, in some small way, I have made a difference.

Each and every one of you can also make a difference.

Jason "Sid"

Old 06-29-2011, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the explanation. can we get rid of the rep now? and how do we hide the three bars that take up a good deal of the page?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
thanks for the explanation. can we get rid of the rep now? and how do we hide the three bars that take up a good deal of the page?
"We will do our best to iron out the wrinkles, and we ask that you please be patient with us."

Old 06-29-2011, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
I'm in IT developing yield management systems. I've read the blurb and looked at the graphs. It does nothing for me except make the experience a little less enjoyable. I get entertainment value from chatting with people that have similar experiences/interest.

Please make an opt-out for this and rep. Those that want to play can and those that don't won't have to see it.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
Name:  82WuW.png
Views: 4
Size:  204.3 KB

Old 07-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
For once, I am in agreement with everyone else. I really dislike this new "system" and think you are just going to defeat your own purpose if long-time members don't even bother coming any more. Not that one thing is going to do it, but it is annoying. And silly. I don't need a stack of bars to tell me if I'm contributing or not.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
I'm in the same post now with most of the others for now. Mind you, this new system does have a great concept behind it by trying to provoke more useful/relevant/detailed posts and all but in its current format it is a bit cluttered.

The "activity" bar isn't a bad idea from what I've noticed so far. In fact it could give you a good idea on how often *insert member* posts on the forum, which would be great in threads were you are seeking a rather quick reply from that specific member.

The "level up" bar is kind of irrelevant to be honest, at least when it is displayed in threads. Maybe if this was set up to either display only your "level up" on threads (and no one else's in threads) then when viewing their profile the systems displays everything... or have a box/bar that allows you to toggle the bar on or off just like the signatures (which was mentioned earlier in the thread).

The "points" bar I haven't quite figured out yet. So I can't really comment about it.

But while talking about the site's features... Can the rep system be disabled via User CP? It a pretty good system at first until reps started getting into the hundred thousands, millions, maybe even billions or more. Then one of those high repped members could easily + or - rep someone (usually new members) and make their reps either sky rocket or plummet, which kinda take away the credibility that the system once had.

In this case, I think a rep system (or an applaud/smite, thanks/unthanks, like/dislike, etc.) that would bump someone's counter up or down by 1 point per person regardless of what level or their counter says.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Question ???Feedback or Off Topic???

Just found this *Sticky* in the Off Topic forum, thought that strange.

Might as well link it to the thread I started in the Site Feedback section, I thought that made sense... https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/site...-feedback.html

K_C_

Old 07-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
I'm in the same post now with most of the others for now. Mind you, this new system does have a great concept behind it by trying to provoke more useful/relevant/detailed posts and all but in its current format it is a bit cluttered.

The "activity" bar isn't a bad idea from what I've noticed so far. In fact it could give you a good idea on how often *insert member* posts on the forum, which would be great in threads were you are seeking a rather quick reply from that specific member.

The "level up" bar is kind of irrelevant to be honest, at least when it is displayed in threads. Maybe if this was set up to either display only your "level up" on threads (and no one else's in threads) then when viewing their profile the systems displays everything... or have a box/bar that allows you to toggle the bar on or off just like the signatures (which was mentioned earlier in the thread).

The "points" bar I haven't quite figured out yet. So I can't really comment about it.

But while talking about the site's features... Can the rep system be disabled via User CP? It a pretty good system at first until reps started getting into the hundred thousands, millions, maybe even billions or more. Then one of those high repped members could easily + or - rep someone (usually new members) and make their reps either sky rocket or plummet, which kinda take away the credibility that the system once had.

In this case, I think a rep system (or an applaud/smite, thanks/unthanks, like/dislike, etc.) that would bump someone's counter up or down by 1 point per person regardless of what level or their counter says.
That high rep count was a fluke, I can't remember now if it was Sid or one of the other mods who started it, his rep count went way high and by repping each other, we got it up to its limit, which is around 42,000,000 (not a billion!). Not too many people have negged others into the red zone, but there have been a few...I am generous with rep and I boost people up by thousands being a power repper...I agree it's meaningless b/c I am certainly not as valuable a member as others around here with all their mods, engine stuff, etc.!

Last edited by Juliane; 07-11-2011 at 04:34 PM.