Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

The 3rd Generation forum was better before

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 03:12 PM
m_x
The 3rd Generation forum was better before

I understand from an organizational perspective why the sub-forums are a good idea, but this forum was better when everyone posted everything in one place. It was like reddit for the GK. Now it feels like when you reorganize the garage and then can't remember where everything is in it's new spot. I feel like you are less likely to get responses to questions and such now because nobody clicks through all of the subs all the time.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
I always come here and click on NEW POSTS. See everything new in all Forums

Old 10-14-2014, 03:31 PM
m_x
Right, exactly, see all forums.

This used to be a one stop shop for everything GK. Now you have to either click through individual subs, or sift through 1st and 2nd gen stuff that you're not looking for.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
I always come here and click on NEW POSTS. See everything new in all Forums
I click on "New posts" as well, but it does seem harder to follow threads now and I do not want to subscribe to so many threads just to keep updated on new posts.

I used to have only a page or two of new posts--now it seems like there are 6 or 7. I also notice that the newest comments/posts to threads do not appear at the top of the page as they did before. I wish the posts were in chronological order as before.
It really is hard to follow the threads I am interested in.

for example-- this thread- I had to do a search on the topic-- even though I had just read the post-- the thread was gone form the top.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
I like the change. I just follow this 3rd Gen forum, but have subscribed to the Repair and Maintenance, and Interior and Exterior Mods sub-forums so I'll see 'em in a daily email in case anything I'm interested in pops up. I'm not interested in Induction, Engine Mods/Swaps, I.C.E., Tires and Wheels, Suspension and Brake Mods, Exhaust Systems, so it's good not to see them in this forum anymore. YMMV

Old 10-14-2014, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
imo, the issue is the way the main page (table of contents) is organized. it SHOULD be organized as below. This way, at least all visible categories for our car will be grouped together. People are going to just keep skip looking at other sub-forums and just post everything in this main forum here.

1st Gen Fit General
-Interior
-Exterior
-Engine
-etc

2nd Gen Fit General
-Interior
-Exterior
-Engine
-etc

3rd Gen Fit General
-Interior
-Exterior
-Engine
-etc

Old 10-14-2014, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TofuShop
imo, the issue is the way the main page (table of contents) is organized. it SHOULD be organized as below.
This.

es

Old 10-14-2014, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
imo, the issue is the way the main page (table of contents) is organized. it SHOULD be organized as below. This way, at least all visible categories for our car will be grouped together. People are going to just keep skip looking at other sub-forums and just post everything in this main forum here.

1st Gen Fit General
-Interior
-Exterior
-Engine
-etc

2nd Gen Fit General
-Interior
-Exterior
-Engine
-etc

3rd Gen Fit General
-Interior
-Exterior
-Engine
-etc

Exactly! I think this would be helpful

Old 10-14-2014, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by m_x
I understand from an organizational perspective why the sub-forums are a good idea, but this forum was better when everyone posted everything in one place. It was like reddit for the GK. Now it feels like when you reorganize the garage and then can't remember where everything is in it's new spot. I feel like you are less likely to get responses to questions and such now because nobody clicks through all of the subs all the time.

I agree 100% that it was better before all the moving of the threads.

I just posted a new thread about how I clean my new 2015 Fit EX that has an all black cloth interior and that thread is now buried under the "Fit Trix/Fit Care" sub-forum that is not even related to the 2015 model year.

It's here by the way if interested:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ml#post1271109

Old 10-14-2014, 06:37 PM

1st Gen Fit General
-Interior
-Exterior
-Engine
-etc

2nd Gen Fit General
-Interior
-Exterior
-Engine
-etc

3rd Gen Fit General
-Interior
-Exterior
-Engine
-etc
I agree. It would be better

Old 10-14-2014, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CIOWN

I agree 100% that it was better before all the moving of the threads.

I just posted a new thread about how I clean my new 2015 Fit EX that has an all black cloth interior and that thread is now buried under the "Fit Trix/Fit Care" sub-forum that is not even related to the 2015 model year.

It's here by the way if interested:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ml#post1271109
Logically the post does belong in Fit Trix, since it does not apply specifically to the 2015 model.
Actually, the more I get used to the changes, the more they make sense.

I need to change the way I browse the forums, instead of hitting "new posts", I am going to the main page and looking at all the forums to see what I am interested in reading.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member

1st Gen Fit General
-Interior
-Exterior
-Engine
-etc

2nd Gen Fit General
-Interior
-Exterior
-Engine
-etc

3rd Gen Fit General
-Interior
-Exterior
-Engine
-etc
Completely agree. I don't like the new setup either but couldn't quite figure out what would be better. This is it.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
This is exactly how the site was setup for the GE owners when their cars came out.

Why must the site be revolutionized when it worked for ~10 years prior to you?

The only change I want is the ability to block all GK related threads.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:33 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by m_x
I know this is a change for alot of people but I can't ever imagine a forum being like Reddit and being an effective means of exchange of information.

Having all posts in one section creates clutter and an absurd amount of repetitive threads, with threads being in the correct subforum it creates an easier to reference and search experience for everyone.

I have been on forums for a very long time and have never seen people complain about having threads moved from a general forum and it being less effective for them but I guess there is a first for everything.

Originally Posted by mike410b
This is exactly how the site was setup for the GE owners when their cars came out.

Why must the site be revolutionized when it worked for ~10 years prior to you?

The only change I want is the ability to block all GK related threads.