Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.
View Poll Results: Should We Change The Forum Banner?
Yes
64.00%
No
36.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Should We Update The Forum Banner Photo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
grrr....

Meanwhile skipping the GE!

Put all three side by side.....

Old 11-01-2014, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Santiad
Meanwhile skipping the GE!

Put all three side by side.....
Get me a couple of shots of a yellow [edit: or orange (see following post)] GE with roughly the same perspectives in PNG files with transparent background and I'll see what I can do.

I'm no graphics artist and only have simple tools--no PS here.

Last edited by Fitmo; 11-01-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
We are missing the GE- how about a photo of the GE in Sunburst Orange or Orange Revolution--the photo of the GD in the banner looks almost orange--would be a good transition

Old 11-01-2014, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
We are missing the GE- how about a photo of the GE in Sunburst Orange or Orange Revolution--the photo of the GD in the banner looks almost orange--would be a good transition
Offer edited.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Fitmo
Get me a couple of shots of a yellow [edit: or orange (see following post)] GE with roughly the same perspectives in PNG files with transparent background and I'll see what I can do.

What you first did is a good start, if you wouldn't mind adding a GE to the mix and some different color options for background amd cars that would be great

We did someing similar on my350z that incorporates all the different years.

We can compile different concepts that people have once the poll is closed and we can let the forum choose the next banner photo (if approved by staff)

Old 11-01-2014, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member

Here's some of sunburst orange

http://gtcarlot.com/colors/Honda/Fit...urst+Metallic/

and orange revolution

Orange Revolution Metallic 2010 Honda Fit Gallery | GTCarLot.com - Car Color Galleries

Last edited by sooznd; 11-01-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you, Waiz, but you've zoomed way past my talent and capability. The best I can do is try to give someone with a lot more talent and tools an idea. The best I can do is solid (or transparent) backgrounds, and if I started with that, I'd need new images of the GD. I also have no way to replicate the text font.

All I did is put a screen capture of the current banner in a base layer and add a couple of resized transparent background images from the Honda Build It pages in layers above (meaning Honda's permission to use those would be required). I looked at the GE images on the Honda used car pages but they aren't in the correct perspective.

While it doesn't capture the GE era, what I started with represents the Fit's insect-look era and it's new raptor-look (for lack of better descriptions).

Last edited by Fitmo; 11-01-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
No! the 2015 ain't got enough street cred yet!

Old 11-01-2014, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
I know there are PS gurus who could make that red GE any color they want in about 5 seconds, but here's the tri-era concept (and you'll see what I mean about Honda's GE perspective, especially from the rear):

edit: the GK could be any color offered now

Name:  v3ssyv0.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  34.3 KB

Last edited by Fitmo; 11-01-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Here's a version with the GK mirrored horizontally (a JDM? )

Name:  XbV8MGC.jpg

Old 11-01-2014, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
And finally, here's one with the GD and GE rear views separated to try to minimize the perspective differences:

Name:  JpRwsRE.jpg

With all three rear views separated:

Name:  5nH7mYe.jpg
Size:  34.0 KB

With GK mirrored horizontally:

Name:  9ynV4Ka.jpg
Size:  34.1 KB

I appreciate the feelings of GE owners, but I still find my first one with the first and last generation more aesthetically pleasing, especially since the GD and GE look so similar (to me).

Last edited by Fitmo; 11-02-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
A couple of my opinions:

The Mugen GD in the current banner is one of the best GD's...EVER.

To put a stock GE & GK next to it is silly.

Examples of GE's of the same level as the Mugen GD:

Another option for aesthetics sake is position the GE in such a manner that it appears head on. As such, pictures like this:

Name:  IMG_6378copy.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  110.5 KB
Name:  IMG_6367copy.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  114.7 KB

As far as the new generation, one just needs to find one that's better than most I guess.

PS:

For those of you who say that the GD in the banner alone suggests that this forum solely caters to the 1st generation Fit.....look at the forum home page, the first three sub-forums are:

-1st Generation
-2nd Generation
-3rd Generation

The only people who would possibly assume the site focuses solely on the GD are those who've never joined a forum in the past.

Last edited by mike410b; 11-01-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member

Mike, I've followed your posts and your blog. Face it, you're a grown up now in snow country with the required near-stock GE and you can only afford to be a ricer boy (no offense intended to ricer boys) in your own mind.

At the resolution of the FitFREAK banner, the sacred Mugen GD just looks like an original FIT to 90% of those who see it.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member

Mike, I've followed your posts and your blog. Face it, you're a grown up now in snow country with the required near-stock GE and you can only afford to be a ricer boy (no offense intended to ricer boys) in your own mind.

At the resolution of the FitFREAK banner, the sacred Mugen GD just looks like an original FIT to 90% of those who see it.
90% of those who see that car/post on this site do not belong on car forums. Or behind the wheels of said cars.

As far as my financial situation goes:

Yes, I live in snow county, along with hundreds of millions of others.

Yes, I do drive a stock GE (Not near stock n00blet)

No, I can not only afford to modify my car in my own mind. I have money, however I've learned my lesson from my GD. When I bought brand new Advans in late August and had to sit on them until May of the next year, by the time they were on the car I was ready for something new. I'd really rather not sit on another set of wheels only to mount them on the car for a couple weeks and sell them off again.

But, can I expect you to understand any of that? Nope, you're just some dude who bought a Mexican built hatchback with no understanding of how a Honda should drive/look.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
90% of those who see that car/post on this site do not belong on car forums.
Seems I was wrong about you being grown up… ANY Fit owner belongs on this forum.

As far as my financial situation goes:…
I guess that went over your head… it wasn't about money.

But, can I expect you to understand any of that? Nope, you're just some dude who bought a Mexican built hatchback with no understanding of how a Honda should drive/look.
Maybe one day you'll outgrow your racism.

Prior GS-R owner…

Old 11-01-2014, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe one day you'll outgrow your racism.
I've owned Mexican built vehicles.

Never again.

I'm not racist, I just expect some semblance of quality from my vehicles...something I didn't feel in the GK I test drove.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
I think it would be nice to have a new banner. Especially that there are more GK enthusiasts now it would nice to be more inclusive...even now the forums feel a little secluded from one gen to the next.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Mike, you need to realize a lot of us old farts, buying the GK for what it is now, have done things like setting land speed or pro-stock records, won dyno shoot-outs or other championships, and/or have seen the high side of 1,000 HP. We appreciate hot-rodding, even that of econo-boxes, which many of us started out doing ourselves. But that's just not who we are anymore.

Being loud-mouthed and arrogant may get you the respect of kids, but IMO and that of others, it isn't worth having. IMO, and that of former generation FIT owners (and engineers), the GK is the best of the FITs so far, but they're all wonderful vehicles.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Mike, you need to realize a lot of us old farts, buying the GK for what it is now, have done things like setting land speed or pro-stock records, won dyno shoot-outs or other championships, and/or have seen the high side of 1,000 HP. We appreciate hot-rodding, even that of econo-boxes, which many of us started out doing ourselves. But that's just not who we are anymore.

Being loud-mouthed and arrogant may get you the respect of kids, but IMO and that of others, it isn't worth having. IMO, and that of former generation FIT owners (and engineers), the GK is the best of the FITs so far, but they're all wonderful vehicles.
Cool.

BTW, you instigated this. Your status as a senior citizen does nothing to change that.

And with that, I'm not posting in this thread again and will return to shunning GK owners.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
...And with that, I'm not posting in this thread again and will return to shunning GK owners.
…just because they bought a particular model car. :facepalm:

Last edited by Fitmo; 11-02-2014 at 07:34 AM. Reason: toned it down

Quick Reply: Should We Update The Forum Banner Photo?