Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.
View Poll Results: Should We Change The Forum Banner?
Yes
64.00%
No
36.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Should We Update The Forum Banner Photo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
Should We Update The Forum Banner Photo?

It would be cool to have photos of all 3 generations of Fits as the forum banner

Old 10-14-2014, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
Banner has never changed.

And should never change.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
oh well - it would nice to have it rotate at least a few times a year.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Administrator
Let's let the forum decide, poll added

I can ask the admins if we get enough responses!

Old 10-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Yeah, all three generations!

Old 10-19-2014, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
Question about the poll, has anyone who joined prior to 2013, and actually posts (other than sooznd) voted for the "Yes" option?

Old 10-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Can't wait for this life changing banner!

Old 10-28-2014, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
YES! I vote for change. It would be nice to see the 2015 once and a while. The pictures should rotate, as to not leave anyone out.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
I vote yes. Its been a Helios Yellow GD3 for a WHILE and though it looks good it would be nice to have a change of pace. Be it with a completely new banner or having a user selectable banners (through their user CP) with a choice of GD, GE, and GK exclusive banners OR for those who like ALL gens, have a banner with all 3 gens in the mix.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
I vote yes. Its been a Helios Yellow GD3 for a WHILE and though it looks good it would be nice to have a change of pace. Be it with a completely new banner or having a user selectable banners (through their user CP) with a choice of GD, GE, and GK exclusive banners OR for those who like ALL gens, have a banner with all 3 gens in the mix.
Its ALWAYS been the Mugen GD.

GE folks (until this thread) never once complained.

I don't see why it needs to be changed now.

New folks are so demanding.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Its ALWAYS been the Mugen GD.

GE folks (until this thread) never once complained.

I don't see why it needs to be changed now.

New folks are so demanding.
Heh, its just a questionnaire poll man, I kind of doubt anything will be done soon if the banner were to actually be changed though it would be nice if they did. In addition to that, I have wondered if the banner would have changed at some point considering that its been the same for at least 6 or 7 years.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
Banner has never changed.

And should never change.
I think it's time to update it. The GD3 is 2 generations behind, so it is not relevant for most of the forum users these days.
It can stay but I would definitely like to see GE8 and GK generations on the banner.
Yellow is good, but we never even had yellow GDs in the US.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:51 PM
Administrator
I will present the results once finished to the senior staff and we can go from there

IMO the current photo is not inclusive and is no longer relevant to the Fit community

Old 10-29-2014, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator
I participate on other auto related forums and the banner gets rotated with Forum members rides every so often.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Let's think. If someone owned say a 2nd or 3rd and visited the page. They'd think this site was for 1st gen fits. Lets include the progression of the model represented so that all feel more included. It's a no brainer to try and bring as many owners as possible to this site made up diversely of more than the 01-08 model. Hell I'd even go as far as putting both the JDM/USDM models of each gen up. In the age of 16:9 wide screen monitors, there is more than enough room since the site represents all FIT's around the world. I pushed the www.driveaccord.net forum to do the same thing. I owned an 8th gen 08 Accord but the had every gen in the forums but only a 7th gen on the home page. They updated the home page to show all 8 generations. Membership jumped dramatically. The more models we show, the more members I promise. Id even go so far as to have 1/2/3 gen Jazz sub forums under every relative FIT generation. Will become an even worldly sit like Honda-tech.

On another subject. This is the only auto forum that doesn't do car of the month. The moderators get together to pick 3 cars for the members to vote on for the next car of the month. The winning car is put on the main page with all the mods etc.

Id also like to be able to thumbs up a members comment in a thread.

Last edited by Desmond Lamar MacRae; 10-29-2014 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
Let's think. If someone owned say a 2nd or 3rd and visited the page. They'd think this site was for 1st gen fits. Lets include the progression of the model represented so that all feel more included. It's a no brainer to try and bring as many owners as possible to this site made up diversely of more than the 01-08 model. Hell I'd even go as far as putting both the JDM/USDM models of each gen up. In the age of 16:9 wide screen monitors, there is more than enough room since the site represents all FIT's around the world. I pushed the www.driveaccord.net forum to do the same thing. I owned an 8th gen 08 Accord but the had every gen in the forums but only a 7th gen on the home page. They updated the home page to show all 8 generations. Membership jumped dramatically. The more models we show, the more members I promise. Id even go so far as to have 1/2/3 gen Jazz sub forums under every relative FIT generation. Will become an even worldly sit like Honda-tech.

On another subject. This is the only auto forum that doesn't do car of the month. The moderators get together to pick 3 cars for the members to vote on for the next car of the month. The winning car is put on the main page with all the mods etc.

Id also like to be able to thumbs up a members comment in a thread.
You can +rep people to 'like' their posts in a thread.

Car of the month would be an assortment of various stock or near stock cars every month.

Honda-Tech has no car in its banner. It is still the largest Honda oriented forum.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:54 AM
You can +rep people to 'like' their posts in a thread.

Car of the month would be an assortment of various stock or near stock cars every month.

Honda-Tech has no car in its banner. It is still the largest Honda oriented forum.
who said Honda-tech had a banner? hmmm Not me. I said I helped driveaccord.net which does. Not everyone wants to fill a thread full of post that do nothing to assist the OP. Why would you make a stock car the car of the month? I'm not saying a ricey car would be but that's up to who wins votes from the members not what you choose as your favorite. We can see stock cars anytime we choose. I doubt they'd win.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Some forum members are excellent photographers- would be nice to show some of those shots so everyone could see. Instead you read the post they appear in once or twice and they are lost.
Variety is nice- rotate once a month or quarter or experiment with the frequency.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
Back to the banner, something like this may carry on the tradition but make it more relevant to today:

Name:  lCvtkF7.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  27.1 KB

Old 11-01-2014, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Hahaha, awesome. Though new fit looks angry and agressive and feels like it's about to attack the poor old GD.

Quick Reply: Should We Update The Forum Banner Photo?