Strange Situation on this Forum - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums


Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shokan, NY
Posts: 1,376
Strange Situation on this Forum

I receive an email when a new comment has been posted. I click on the link and see the thread. In less than a second, the thread is gone, and there's a message thanking me for coming to the forum and telling me that I will be redirected to the topic in a few seconds. When I get back to the thread, I am right at the top, and I have to make my way to the final post. Very strange.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Carbuff2's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Second house on the left
Posts: 1,388
Might be because a Moderator has moved the Topic to another area?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2015, 10:29 AM
PaFitter's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: York, Pa
Posts: 136
This site is loaded with so many ads,hidden links,cursor passover crosslinks and takes forever to load with high speed cable internet. I can only guess their emails have the same crap. I don't come here much at all anymore. It even freezes up my computer and I have a pretty powerful one with tons of memory. Just logging in is a PITA for some reason.


PaFitter
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NOVAnistan
Posts: 897
Try deleting your history and cookies.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2015, 11:35 AM
Carbuff2's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Second house on the left
Posts: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaFitter View Post
This site is loaded with so many ads,hidden links,cursor passover crosslinks and takes forever to load with high speed cable internet.
Consider installing AdBlockPlus on your browsers(s).

adblockplus.org

Deleting cookies is a royal PITA, then you need to re-enter all your logins...


I don't think adverts are SilverEX15's issue, though.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shokan, NY
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 View Post
Try deleting your history and cookies.
I deleted the browser cache, but deleting cookies is a No-No.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shokan, NY
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbuff2 View Post
Consider installing AdBlockPlus on your browsers(s).

adblockplus.org

Deleting cookies is a royal PITA, then you need to re-enter all your logins...


I don't think adverts are SilverEX15's issue, though.
I have Ghostery, similar to AdBlock. Yes, deleting cookies is a last resort.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NOVAnistan
Posts: 897
The cookies are keeping track of what threads you've read, and where in the thread you're situated on the forum.

You can try a different browser and see if the behavior is the same. Hopefully a browser where you haven't cached your credentials on this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,235
i got adblockplus for Mozilla and Chrome. both work great. too many ads on fitfreak period. I get they put them on here as click bait, but ad blocking software rocks.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NOVAnistan
Posts: 897
You could selectively delete just the cookies for this forum as well.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shokan, NY
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 View Post
The cookies are keeping track of what threads you've read, and where in the thread you're situated on the forum.

You can try a different browser and see if the behavior is the same. Hopefully a browser where you haven't cached your credentials on this forum.
This isn't an ad issue, it's the forum re-directing me. The next time it happens, I'll get a screen shot.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-12-2015, 06:21 PM
thewebgal's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fairfax, VA 22030
Posts: 89
Sounds to me like you have some malware in residence on your machine.
I access the site with my iPhone 6S+, with Firefox on my macPro at home and with Firefox on win7 at work.
I don't get any of that stuff you are talking about.
When I click the emails I get it takes me right to the thread in question ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEX15 View Post
I receive an email when a new comment has been posted. I click on the link and see the thread. In less than a second, the thread is gone, and there's a message thanking me for coming to the forum and telling me that I will be redirected to the topic in a few seconds. When I get back to the thread, I am right at the top, and I have to make my way to the final post. Very strange.

Last edited by thewebgal; 11-12-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-12-2015, 06:53 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shokan, NY
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewebgal View Post
Sounds to me like you have some malware in residence on your machine.
I access the site with my iPhone 6S+, with Firefox on my macPro at home and with Firefox on win7 at work.
I don't get any of that stuff you are talking about.
When I click the emails I get it takes me right to the thread in question ...
This is what I get about a second after the thread appears. Then the thread comes back, and I work my way to the bottom.


Last edited by SilverEX15; 11-12-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-14-2015, 12:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Portland Or
Posts: 923
FWIW at any given time I have 11 to 13 alerts from ghostery thats its blocking while on this forum...

Last edited by dwtaylorpdx; 11-14-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-14-2015, 01:41 AM
mike410b's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,060
I've never had any of these things happen.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-14-2015, 02:58 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shokan, NY
Posts: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike410b View Post
I've never had any of these things happen.
I'm showing 11 right now.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Odd "spring-like" sound when shifting to Reverse korgster General Fit Talk 4 11-18-2016 09:05 AM
My GE8 engine is doing a strange noise....ALL help welcome. StormSurfer 2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum 12 10-27-2016 06:20 PM
Strange Noise 2012 jazz ivtec EXT 2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum 2 01-15-2016 02:02 AM
1st to neutral pop TofuVendor General Fit Talk 0 01-09-2016 11:32 AM
strange chime/beeping when after turning the car on or turning it off trixiegirl1970 2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 4 10-21-2015 07:56 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.