Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Blown Fuses

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 08:33 AM
ccm
Blown Fuses

I have a 2010 Fit. The alarm chime on my car has never worked an I have left my headlights on 3 times. Each time my battery is jumped, fuses blow and I have an expensive repair bill. I am told that there is an electrical problem but Honda cannot fix it. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Old 03-04-2016, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
Blowing fuses on a jump start is usually a sign of bad grounds , your backfeeding through other circuits causing their fuses to blow, I'd check engine and transmission ground straps.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:48 PM
ccm
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
Blowing fuses on a jump start is usually a sign of bad grounds , your backfeeding through other circuits causing their fuses to blow, I'd check engine and transmission ground straps.
Could u suggest where I go to have that repaired? I purchased my car as a certified used car from a Honda dealer but they say the problem is a result of the road service men jumping the battery incorrectly. I have over $1000 in replacing blown fuses. So frustrating.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:01 AM
I have left my headlights on 3 times. Each time my battery is jumped, fuses blow... I have over $1000 in replacing blown fuses. So frustrating.
WOW! What fuses add up to over $333 when they blow?

Old 03-05-2016, 12:03 AM
Also, did you get details on how you are supposed to jump the car "correctly" and what way is wrong?

Old 03-05-2016, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ccm
Each time my battery is jumped, fuses blow and I have an expensive repair bill.
Has anyone experienced this problem?
The only time I've ever seen this happen is when someone tries to connect the jumper cables backwards. One spark and it's all over.

I am told that there is an electrical problem but Honda cannot fix it.
Your dealer can't fix the person that hooks up the jumper cables backwards, if that's what happened.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:53 AM
ccm
Originally Posted by Oneoldphlaytis
Different fuses each time. Work bill from Honda states,"immobilizer and main fuses." Each time my battery went dead, I called my insurance-provided road service. I feel certain these men knew how to jump the battery correctly. But, of course, I can't prove that so Honda will not stand behind my car. Coincidentally, the chime, that alerts the driver that headlights have been left on,started working a month ago. My Honda dealer told me that 2010 Fit's did not come with that feature. (Even though I found it in my manual). I love my car and this is my 3rd Honda. Just want the problem fixed. All I get is "quit leaving your lights on."

Old 03-05-2016, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
I feel certain these men knew how to jump the battery correctly.
It's quite apparent this is not true.
But, of course, I can't prove that so Honda will not stand behind my car.
It's not Hondas fault the tow truck driver jumped it incorrectly, therefore.....

Not to mention your car is far beyond the usual factory warranty coverage period.
Coincidentally, the chime, that alerts the driver that headlights have been left on,started working a month ago.
Yet--- you still left your lights on?
All I get is "quit leaving your lights on.
I wonder if one could rewire the lighting controls in with the ignition so they all turn off when you shut the key off, no matter what.
Originally Posted by Oneoldphlaytis
That price might include any or all of these:

Road service call
Tow to dealership
Dealer shop diagnosis fee
Parts ---the group of fuses attached to the pos battery post (costs about $41 or so DIY, I'm sure one can find it cheaper on the internet.)
Labor fees to replace said fuse set

Attached Images