Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Tried to be a smart guy!!!

Old 06-12-2016, 12:22 AM
Red face Tried to be a smart guy!!!

Heya guys need your urgent help. I tried to put in my new double din stereo and cut the iso harness to try and tap in the new stereo wires. Couldn't figure it out so thought id connect the harness back on but forgot to take the negative wire off the battery again. While I was putting the wires back together a couple of the wires touched and sparked. After all that happening both my stereo and locks won't work when I push the button on the key. Anyone know what could be happening? Cheers.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:46 AM
Fix it so that no wires are exposed first, then replace the blown fuses.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
and then buy a stereo wire harness so u dont have to cut the oem wires...

Old 06-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Cheers for ya help managed to fix the problem, but now don't have power to go through acc wire to light up the display. Is the acc the purple wire? The stereo beeps when I press the eject button but other than that the screen is blank. Would it still be fuses? If so which one ?Could it be another problem? Thanks for ya help again.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Just adding my 2 cents worth. It's always bad to cut into an original car harness unless absolutely necessary (read never). This just creates hidden/ hard to diagnose wiring issues later when wiring re-connections aren't made properly and fuses start popping, or things work intermittently.

With that said, I'd start by re-connecting the harness wires you've already cut into. Make good solid connections and then solder the connections back together. Cover the spliced/soldered connections with heat shrink tubing or electrical tape so that none of the connections come into contact with other bare wires. Next get an adapter harness for your radio that plugs into your car harness and then adapt it to the radio using the adapter instructions.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
if ure to install the axxess (sp?) steering controls i needed to cut one of the wires on the GE. worked great though.