Fit - STL Style!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 05:17 AM
Fit - STL Style!

I'm just starting to see the Fit show up in the STL. So far I've found exactly 4 that are actually sitting on dealer lots, and none on the road.

I'm not a Fit owner yet, but plan to be mid-late August.

I'd love to hear dealer comments from any STLers who buy before me.

Old 06-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Shellica STL
I'm just starting to see the Fit show up in the STL. So far I've found exactly 4 that are actually sitting on dealer lots, and none on the road.

I'm not a Fit owner yet, but plan to be mid-late August.

I'd love to hear dealer comments from any STLers who buy before me.
I ordered one 6/14/6. I'm getting an automatic Fit Sport in Orange Blaze Metallic. I'm getting mine from STL Honda & have been dealing with their internet sales staff, John and Ivo. They've been great. They've got my Fit on order and will let me know when they have a definate date - but I was told 8-12 weeks. That's a long time, but I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

Old 06-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the input Cathi!

Are you paying MSRP? Less? More? It seems like the Fit has avoided dealer markup in STL so far - although the one I test drove (White A/T Sport) had accessories and pinstriping added that the dealer had added to the price.

I'm personally looking to buy a M/T but as of now the dealers I've contacted have told me they can't do much for me. I'm in no hurry, in fact I can't really commit until late August or September, but I'll keep trying to get one on order especially if you're waiting that long for an automatic! I'm willing to put down a couple hundred dollars if that means I get the car I want when I want it!

Old 06-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I put $500 down on it.
No mark up, so the salesmen aren't making much on it. Plus I asked whether they do all that paint sealant and fabric protection at the dealership and force/urge the customers to pay for it & they don't do that there at STL Honda...said the only things they add are the things their customers ask for. I drove a white A/T base model on Monday there. Handling was great. I was going to save a little extra $ and get a M/T too, but my Dad talked me into it...he also talked me into getting the Sport instead of the base model. I think my Dad misses selling cars! I'm hoping it actually takes less time to get my car than what they are telling me - and it would be a nice surprise if I do get it sooner.
Few are coming to the lots. Those that do are getting bought within 5 days or so. A honda dealership in Illinois said they wouldn't get another one in until the end of June & I wanted to drive one ASAP, so I found one & drove it.
I think if you order one & put money down on it that commits you to buying it when it arrives at the dealership. If you'll be ready to do that in around 8 weeks, I suggest you get to it.

Old 06-16-2006, 03:44 PM
I start a new job on Monday, so I'll be ready to put some money down shortly thereafter. I plan to keep contacting dealerships in the area until one tells me they'll take my money for a sport manual transmission. I'm not being that picky about color (I'd take white, orange or black without complaint, I'd also consider silver if I had to) because the tranny is more important to me. I'm a die hard stick driver, what can I say? I must admit - I was suprised how much I enjoyed the automatic I test drove, so if the manuals become completely unavailable, I may reconsider.

I'll definitely take your recommendation into consideration and give them a call when I'm ready. I do have to say - Terry at Ed Napelton in St. Pete was a sweetheart to even let me test drive the one they had sitting there. He knew I wanted a manual, and the car already had 200 miles on it from test drives, but he let me take it for a short drive anyway. I have a feeling they added the pinstripe more because they had one sitting there and were curious than anything, and they had the floormats and cargo cover (both of which I want) in the car and the price tag was MSRP + accessories. However when I said I wanted a manual he said there wasn't much he could do. He didn't even seem to have a waiting list. Terry said the only reason the white one hadn't sold is because of the color - people were seeking the more "fun" colors.

It's encouraging that they aren't adding any cost to the Fits where you reseved yours. I may get floormats (a necessity) and wait on the cargo cover - I only worry about that because I spend quite a bit of time downtown and in the loop at various concerts, and without a trunk there's not many places to hide things in the car. At the same time, it's garaged when at my boyfriend's, and I live way out in Jefferson county on a dead end street, so it's not an immediate worry.

I'll keep you posted when I find a dealership that'll take my money on a manual, and St. Louis Honda will definitely be one of the dealerships I contact. It'll probably be mid-late July.

Old 06-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Great! TTYL!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Should be picking up my NHBP Sport from Ed Napleton on Monday. Looks like the St. Louis area is pretty quiet as far as Fits and this forum goes!

Old 12-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Traded in my Candy White MKV GTI, for a Blackberry Pearl Fit Saturday.