General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Disappointed in my 2010 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by buttersun
Car is a death trap in snow which for me is absolutely unacceptable. Thought it was the tires, but new tires did not help. Mileage disappointing once you get a decent tire. Interior hardest to keep clean of any car I have owned. Performance sucks especially considering the mpg is not great. I am so disappointed that Honda has lost me as a future customer, going to buy a VW.

Tried to be constructive in my forums, was never looking for sympathy, yet seemed to get attack relentless by the forum "tough guys".

Not going to post again so to the "flat earth society"' bash away, because no matter what you say HONDA FIT'S SUCK!
now why would anyone seriously care if you left while shouting "HONDA FIT SUCKS!" ? all 5 of your posts were nothing but negative and everything that you hated about the car. never once stating what you did like about it that made you decide to buy it.

hating is a state of mind and after a few things bugged you, you drove the idea that the "honda fit sucks" so far into your mind that every single fucking thing bothered you! if you're married, GEEZ I HOPE YOUR WIFE NEVER FUCKS UP A SANDWICH FOR YOU! you may probably never let her live it down.

Last edited by Cocowheat; 01-26-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
^^^^ LMAO about the sandwich

Old 01-28-2012, 09:50 AM
I can honestly attest to the fact that I've never had an issue with my Fit in the snow, here near Tampa FL!!!!

I love my Fit..... I drive lots of rental cars, looked at VWs, Fiestas, Kias and even the Fiat 500 before buying the Fit. I didn't look at a Sonic though only because I will never buy a Gov't Motors product!!! (you can tell where my political beliefs are!) Once I test drove the Fit, it was an easy choice. I'll live with the cheap carpet over a cramp back seat like the Fiesta! MPG about 35mpg....I'll live with it!! My only complaint is the black interior - impossible for a clean freak like me to keep perfect!!!

Old 01-28-2012, 09:52 AM
my 2012 Fit Sport AT

I can honestly attest to the fact that I've never had an issue with my Fit in the snow, here near Tampa FL!!!!

I love my Fit..... I drive lots of rental cars, looked at VWs, Fiestas, Kias and even the Fiat 500 before buying the Fit. I didn't look at a Sonic though only because I will never buy a Gov't Motors product!!! (you can tell where my political beliefs are!) Once I test drove the Fit, it was an easy choice. I'll live with the cheap carpet over a cramp back seat like the Fiesta! MPG about 35mpg....I'll live with it!! My only complaint is the black interior - impossible for a clean freak like me to keep perfect!!!

Old 01-28-2012, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
So much negativity about the Fit in the snow. Even with the greatest traction in the world, how much depth of snow can the poor car take, anyway?

Old 01-28-2012, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Old 01-28-2012, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
I, myself don't smoke. Nor was I talking about "all" smokers.

It's just bothers me, more in principle, I suppose, that I'll be behind a driver with their arm sticking out the window... and a moment later, see them fling the thing, not caring where. I HATE litter bugs. I REALLY HATE people that that are so discourteous about sharing the road... (and the freaking planet)... with others.

Road tar... bugs... falling tree trunk... those are "acts of God." A flung cig butt... the act of an asshole.
I guess I forgot about this thread...

I just remembered what happened to me on my road trip (I think I mentioned elsewhere a while back).

An asshole in front of me flung his half smoked cigarette out his window... and landed it INSIDE my bumper. Best I can tell, in came in through the front lower grille, got stopped from hitting the AC condenser by the DIY mesh (not that it would've done anything)... then rolled around until it settled in a little gap between the bumper and the inner fender. Found it a few days later when I went to do an oil change in San Diego.

So, yeah... I HATE smokers that toss their crap out the window.

Correction... I HATE DRIVERS that toss their crap out the windows (especially in motion). Seriously, how hard is it to put it somewhere until you get home or to work and toss it in a trash can?!?

I feel like buying a huge roll of those "sale price" stickers, you know, the ones that don't come off without leaving a mess of adhesive and bits of paper. Following these littering a-holes... and putting the stickers in some random pattern on all the windows.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
So, yeah... I HATE smokers that toss their crap out the window.
Don't blame these people... they aren't doing it intentionally... they are brain-dead after all, and haven't got the slightest idea what they are doing at any moment in time.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
People become real brain dead when your On a Motorcycle.LOL.

Back to the subject at hand, I test drove I believe 5 different fits from the dealership, I had a hard time deciding what color I wanted, I love My fit, but I still dont get the NO FRACKING roof rack option drives me nuts, I would really look hard at buying a New fit it they offered one.

I still dont know about my seats (have an o8 honda fit sport silver with 73,000 miles on it and this car still Shines as new as the day I brought) the seats drive me nuts, If you put water on the gray part of the seats they stain, WATER no Lie. I will one day put seat covers on them but I have to get them clean before that then hit the Power balls lottery. I want to put the nice ones on my seats, I think they called Cazzio's seat cover, but they are expensive. When I get them I'm going to try and either put seat warmers kit underneath the covers or at least some kind of extra padding, the seats just need a little more cushion for traveling longer distances, Driver seat. this car is sold as a commuter, but I've taken 3 people including driver and everyone enjoyed the car, even though we did have pillows and blankets with us. I was concerned about my moms comfort, but she said over and over she was just fine. I still love my FIT. No doubt still tops the list of the cars I've owned including my VW GTI from back in the day.