General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

2013 Fit Interior Gaps...

Old 12-29-2013, 04:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cwinfrey
Yeah, yours doesn't look nearly as bad as mine. I wouldn't mind it as much if it just looked like that.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.
Mine looks like Painter's - just fine. Seems like yours is warped or something. Maybe a clip not engaged?

Old 12-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Since it's the dash, it's probably a screw or plastic hold down for the dash that backed off or broke.

Can always drop the glovebox and take a look with a light. Might be able to solve the problem.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Mine looks like Painter's - just fine. Seems like yours is warped or something. Maybe a clip not engaged?

My husband took a close look and couldn't find any places that looked like there was a clip missing... granted, he's not an expert, but he didn't see any places that looked like they would hold a clip that didn't have one. I agree that mine may be warped.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Katsumoto
Since it's the dash, it's probably a screw or plastic hold down for the dash that backed off or broke.

Can always drop the glovebox and take a look with a light. Might be able to solve the problem.

Hmm... I'll talk to him about dropping the glove box to see if that will let us look at it from that angle. He's just been looking at it from the side where the door meets that piece.

Thanks!

Old 12-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by cwinfrey
Hmm... I'll talk to him about dropping the glove box to see if that will let us look at it from that angle. He's just been looking at it from the side where the door meets that piece.

Thanks!
Yea, figure it's easier to solve the problem especially since it's probably a screw than to raise all hell with Honda over it.

Just pull both sides of the glovebox towards each other and it falls out of the way. Might be able to see something.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:51 PM
Yea, figure it's easier to solve the problem especially since it's probably a screw than to raise all hell with Honda over it.

Just pull both sides of the glovebox towards each other and it falls out of the way. Might be able to see something.

Wow... I had no idea it would be that simple... sounds fairly easy! Thanks... and you're right; I'm definitely not looking forward to the phone call I'll probably have to make when Honda's Twitter people tell me to call the 800 number lol. Maybe now I won't have to. I'll get my husband to take a look and see if that helps.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Also, your cabin air filter is back there too.
Sometimes the smallest thing can cause a big deal.

I noticed in my GD3 I have a small gap on the passenger side. I just don't care enough to do anything since my car is 6 years old and has 150k.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:43 AM
You know what they say about cars built on a Friday

I don't normally notice things like this unless I'm looking for it.I was really happy with the fit and finish of my 2012 sport.

I would not be to happy if I had issues like the gaps here because they are pretty noticeable (sp)

I would put a little more pressure on Honda to do something about it if it were my car.Good luck and I hope you are taken care of.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Also, your cabin air filter is back there too.
Sometimes the smallest thing can cause a big deal.

I noticed in my GD3 I have a small gap on the passenger side. I just don't care enough to do anything since my car is 6 years old and has 150k.

Yeah... if my husband gets a chance to take a look at it before I get a chance to call Honda, that'll help. I hear ya about picking your battles; on some level, it's the principal of the thing. My first Fit had VIN etching on the windows in three different places because it had passed between three different dealers, and that really upset my OCD husband. So now we have a new one that has NO VIN etching, but we have this instead. Seems like expecting a car in mint condition when it is bought brand new shouldn't be such an unreasonable assumption.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by zilla8
You know what they say about cars built on a Friday

I don't normally notice things like this unless I'm looking for it.I was really happy with the fit and finish of my 2012 sport.

I would not be to happy if I had issues like the gaps here because they are pretty noticeable (sp)

I would put a little more pressure on Honda to do something about it if it were my car.Good luck and I hope you are taken care of.

Yep... if my husband can't fix it, I'm going to raise hell with Honda until they do something about this. They are closed until Thursday for the New Year... otherwise, knowing me, I'd be on the phone with them right now lol. I realize nothing in life is perfect, but to me that is bit ridiculous.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:53 PM
Administrator
I take my previous comment back after seeing your pics, that is definitely annoying!

Keep us updated about what happens

Old 01-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Update:

I just got off the phone with someone from Honda who was calling to do the survey about my buying experience. I was fair and honest and gave the salesman the accurately positive review he deserved. However, one of the questions dealt with the cosmetic condition of the interior, and I made a point to give the lowest rating possible on that one. She took down my remarks about the gap and said she would "forward the comments along" to the appropriate department, including my details about the service manager pretty much insisting that the car was supposed to look that way, when I know that to not be the case.

I don't think for a minute that I'll hear back simply from that survey, but it did remind me that I need to try to call Honda the next time I have a day off, since they are only open during the same hours that I work (basically).

Old 05-26-2014, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by painterguy
Here is a few pics for comparison from my 13 Sport.

Very small minimal gap.

Mine's exactly like that. There's also a big gap where the creme plastic dash meets the small window on the dash. At least a quarter inch gap. When I press down on the plastic, I can see the foam and whatever below the gap. All on the passenger side.