2015 Honda Fit EX radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Thumbs down 2015 Honda Fit EX radio

In a word disappointing. Touch screen only with software interface that would be right at home on a Macintosh computer. Speaking of Apple it really doesn't support anything but Apple iPhones. The nav app would be a joke if it were free at $59.95 it's a complete farce.
Add to that you have to buy $100 in cables to use the cabling for anything related to said iPhone. Then Honda is tripping over itself so badly trying to cover its liability risk you are locked out of everything every 5 seconds then have to look away from the road to unlock their phone for apps to work. Can't wait to see the first accident lawsuit over that....
Finally I can't have Sirius radio without buying top of the line EX-L Navi trim.... Really???
Honestly disappointed in Hondas half hearted attempt at in car entertainment....

Old 09-25-2014, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
In a word disappointing.
Finally I can't have Sirius radio without buying top of the line EX-L Navi trim.... Really???
Honestly disappointed in Hondas half hearted attempt at in car entertainment....
i agree. the base model kia rio, retail 14k, has sirius from the factory...

seriously honda, please offer an under $200 factory sirius upgrade. i have the same car as the OP, a 2015 ex. PLEASE?!

Old 09-30-2014, 11:45 AM
Yep. We bought a 2015 Fit on Saturday. Having HDMI is almost worthless. Only being able to use the Honda apps is crazy. Not being able to use Apple Maps or Waze. There's no way I'm going to pay $60 for the Honda Nav app. So now, I have to find a phone mount to run Waze. I'm hoping that there will be an Apple CarPay upgrade in the future, but not betting on it. At least Apple Maps would be useable.

I find the touch screen for the volume to be difficult to use, but the steering wheel control works nicely. I do like having 12 radio presets.

Pandora on the Fit radio works very well and only needs bluetooth.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Thumbs down 2015 EX-L Infotainment center sucks!!!!!!!!!

we bought this month a honda fit 2015 model ex-l trim for the reason to use wireless/bluetooth entertainment but now find out you need some crappy cdmi and lightning cable to access the hondalink bull. this worthless to drivers trying to concentrate on wheel but cannot get correct hondalink connection. I did buy the navi app for $59.99 . no difference except maps runs well. where's the CarPlay accessibility ?? called honda tech support and they state apple is the one releasing the Carplay app soon. but apple states its honda who's not integrating the damn shit. pretty useless with or without cdmi cable.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Thumbs down Stereo options stink

Almost did not buy the Fit because of the crappy entertainment options. Wanted SirusXM to find out you have to buy the EXL Nav package top of the line to get it. Ridiculous. I bought the very basic Ram truck and even it has XM radio built in its basic radio package. Really Honda! What were you thinking? The touch volume control is pure crappola and dangerous to keep trying to adjust the non responsive touch slider while driving. I know that there are steering wheel controls but come on.... Call me old fashion but give me a volume knob any day over this garbage. So now tell me how I get XM without having to add an ugly aftermarket FM tuner box and antenna ? I call Crunchfield and they don't make anything yet without cutting the metal dash bracket. Don't want to do this with a new vehicle.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:19 PM
I agree

Apple maps would be so cool. Even google maps. I fucking want my CarPlay. Almost ready to buy pioneer avic 7000nex.
Originally Posted by HalGumbert
Yep. We bought a 2015 Fit on Saturday. Having HDMI is almost worthless. Only being able to use the Honda apps is crazy. Not being able to use Apple Maps or Waze. There's no way I'm going to pay $60 for the Honda Nav app. So now, I have to find a phone mount to run Waze. I'm hoping that there will be an Apple CarPay upgrade in the future, but not betting on it. At least Apple Maps would be useable.

I find the touch screen for the volume to be difficult to use, but the steering wheel control works nicely. I do like having 12 radio presets.

Pandora on the Fit radio works very well and only needs bluetooth.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:33 AM
You do know you guyz are really "knit picking" right? Other car makers put XM in their cars to pulls sale away from Honda. That is it. They aren't doing it for the customer but in the name of sales. As far as the HondaLink app are you guys that cheap that you cant skip out of 1 pair of shoes to get all the added features that would otherwise would cost 1500 bux for the EX-L Navi or more? REALLY??? If you're really that cheap, by all means buy the Kia/Hyundai competitors car. You don't hear me fussing because the 2013 FIT SPORT Navi deck that's the same as my moms 2013 Civic EX-L Navi but w/o XM/Rev cam. no im gonna buy the xm stand alone and still enjoy the new pause, rewind features the stand a lone has that moms does NOT have.

Features that Honda doesn't have in any model car yet.

SiriusXM Radio

Dock & Play SiriusXM Radio: The SiriusXM onyX Plus Dock & Play Radio + Vehicle Kit provides SiriusXM Satellite Radio programming in your car, truck, van, or SUV. The SiriusXM onyX Plus Dock & Play Radio lets you pause, rewind, & replay live SiriusXM Radio. You can view the artist name, song or program title and channel info on its multi-line graphic display. And with optional accessories you can listen to the onyX Plus Dock & Play Radio in a second vehicle, in your home or office, or even outdoors (optional accessories sold separately). All with just one SiriusXM subscription.
Note: The SiriusXM onyX Plus Dock & Play Radio + Vehicle Kit requires a SiriusXM subscription.
SiriusXM Satellite Radio Programming: The SiriusXM onyX Plus satellite radio receiver supports SiriusXM programming with access to XM & Sirius Satellite Radio stations. SiriusXM offers more than 150 channels of exclusive music, news, entertainment sports, talk programming. Available SiriusXM subscription packages include (visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options & channel guide).
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Large Multi-Line Color Display: The SiriusXM onyX Plus satellite radio receiver features a large multi-line full-color display which lets you view artist name, song title, Album Art, channel information, and Channel Logo. You can adjust the brightness and contrast of the unit's display.
Real-Time Channel Guide w/ Categories + Presets: The unit's Real-Time Channel Guide allows you to browse programs, artists, and songs playing on other channels, without having to change the channel you are currently listening to. Channels are organized into categories to make it easier for you to find the ones that suit your taste. You can scan a category and listen to each channel for 10 seconds before the onyX Plus automatically tunes to the next channel. You can save and enjoy fast access to up to 20 of your favorite SiriusXM Satellite Radio channels as presets.
Smart Favorites + Tune Start/Scan/Mix: You can identify 18 of your 20 preset stations as Smart Favorites. Smart Favorites features TuneStart, TuneScan, and TuneMix.
  • TuneStart: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Smart Favorite channel.
  • TuneScan: TuneScan plays the first 10 seconds of each song that has not been listened to from each of the channels which you have saved as Smart Favorites.
  • TuneMix: TuneMix plays songs in a unique mix from the music channels you have saved as Smart Favorites, allowing you to build a blended channel from as few as 3 to as many as 18 music channels. TuneMix plays the songs that have aired on those Smart Favorite music channels in a shuffle type format.
Instant Replay: The SiriusXM onyX Plus supports the SiriusXM's Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of current channel. You'll also be able to rewind and replay the last 30 minutes of content from Smart Favorite channels (up to 18).
Alerts & Ticker: The SiriusXM onyX Plus offers Song/Artist and Game/Score Alerts, plus a Sports Ticker.
  • Song/Artist Alert: Alerts can be set for your favorite songs, so that whenever the song begins to play on any music channel, you will be alerted and given the opportunity to tune to the channel. Alerts can also be set for your favorite artists, so that whenever a song by that artist begins to play on any music channel, you will be alerted and given the opportunity to tune to the channel. You can save up to 100 song/artist alerts.
  • Game/Score Alert: Alerts can be set for your favorite sports teams so that whenever SiriusXM begins broadcasting a game in which your favorite sports team is playing, you will be alerted and given the opportunity to tune to the game. When you set a Game Alert for your favorite sports teams, a Score Alert is automatically set also. If you are not listening to the game, you will be alerted each time there is a new score in the game, and given the opportunity to tune to the game. Score Alerts can be turned off if you do not wish to receive them.
  • Sports Ticker: Sports Ticker shows status of games in progress including current score, and the final score for games which have ended within the last 24 hours. For games in progress, it also shows the channel number if the game is being broadcast by SiriusXM. The Sports Ticker is displayed on the main display screen, and depending upon how many teams have been selected, the Sports Ticker scrolls across the screen. Whenever a score occurs, the scoring team is shown in yellow in the Sports Ticker.
Direct w/ One-Touch Jump: The Direct button allows you directly tune in a SiriusXM Satellite Radio station, using the keypad (0-9) on the front-panel of the SiriusXM satellite radio receiver. The One-Touch Jump function allows you to directly access traffic or weather of the 22 most congested cities, or go back to the previous channel to which you were listening.
Parental Controls: You can easily lock and unlock channels or an entire category with mature content. The Parent Control feature is protect by a 4-digit code.
Auto Shut-Off: When the onyX Plus is in the vehicle dock, and Auto Shut Off has been enabled, the plug & play radio will automatically shut off after 8 hours of inactivity, when no buttons have pressed. This features prevents the vehicle battery from being discharged if you forget to turn the unit off.
Vehicle Kit

Vehicle Dock: The SiriusXM onyX Plus satellite radio receiver comes supplied with a vehicle dock which allows you to listen to SiriusXM Satellite Radio in your vehicle. The vehicle dock has color-coded connectors to assist you in connecting the cables to the correct connector. The vehicle dock also has a rear-panel wire-guide that can help you organize the cables and wires connected to the dock. The SiriusXM onyX Plus Satellite Radio receiver's vehicle dock provides three connection options to transfer SiriusXM Satellite Radio audio to your vehicle's audio system.
  • PowerConnect: The SiriusXM onyX Plus Satellite Radio receiver comes supplied with the PowerConnect FM transmitter and cigarette lighter adapter which allows the XM Satellite Radio receiver to wirelessly transmit audio to your vehicle's in-dash headunit over and FM frequency. You can choose from any FM frequency between: 88.1 and 107.9 MHz. You can store up to 5 FM stations so you can quickly access the stations which give you the best audio reception when using the PowerConnect. The PowerConnect FM transmitter and cigarette lighter adapter simply plugs into the power port of the included vehicle dock and the cigarette lighter or 12-volt accessory port of your vehicle.
  • Auxiliary: The SiriusXM onyX Plus Satellite Radio receiver's vehicle dock has a minijack audio output (3.5mm) to connect the unit directly to your in-dash headunit's auxiliary input (if applicable), using the supplied stereo minijack cable. When using the line output jack, you can adjust the level to match your headunit's other sources.
  • FM Direct (optional): The FM Direct Adaptor (607FMDA25, sold separately) connects directly in-line with your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna input (motorola) and the XM Satellite receiver's vehicle dock FM output (2.5mm). This optimizes the XM receiver's built-in FM modulator to your vehicle's radio, especially in regions with a high density of FM radio stations and few open FM channels.
Magnetic Antenna: The unit comes supplied with a magnetic antenna that is designed to be run outside of the vehicle and placed on the roof of your vehicle. The magnetic antenna will adhere to your vehicle's sheet metal.
Mounting: The mounting location of the onyX Plus should be easily accessible for controlling the unit and provide good visibility of the unit's display, and should not be located where it will be in direct sunlight, which will affect the visibility of the display screen. The SiriusXM onyX Plus Satellite Receiver comes with two mounting options.
  • Self-Adhesive Dash Mount: The onyX Plus includes a self-adhesive plastic mount which allows you to place the unit on your vehicle's dash. The self-adhesive dash-mount allows you to swivel and adjust the unit for better visibility.
  • Vent-Mount: The onyX Plus also includes a plastic mount which allows to you to clip the unit onto one of your vehicle's dash vents.
So this is why I'm not worried that I don't have it stock. XM's newest radio that they offer has so many more features, I'd probably would've bought this anyway. I love that it' shows Album art and has up to an hour buffer so you can pause the radio. Similar to like a cable TV DVR. Can't be beat for 59.99 but that may be too expensive for you guys too...LOL. I guess if you want more features, move up to a Civic. This is why mom accepted the 100.00/mo additional payment to get her civic. Granted I pick her new Honda. Shes trusted me on her past 5 Acura/Honda purchases. Don't knock this radio. Look at it on www.youtube.com. I think you'll be impressed.

Last edited by Desmond Lamar MacRae; 10-10-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:23 AM
Am I the only one that loves the radio? It seamlessly fires up from Bluetooth and I can control my Pandora from it. It also relays the nav audio from google maps on my phone through the speakers.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Rifleman_Racing
Am I the only one that loves the radio? It seamlessly fires up from Bluetooth and I can control my Pandora from it. It also relays the nav audio from google maps on my phone through the speakers.
I think it's ok, but could be amazing with some tweaks...

- Unlock the HDMI port so we can use any app we want. At a minimum, unlock the major apps like Waze, Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, etc...

- Update the interface for touch. The list of radio stations wastes a ton of space. Having a list of stations the scroll thru could be replace by a 4x3 grid of stations that could always be visible to eliminate scrolling.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
I guess I'm too easily satisfied, or else I'm old enough to remember that my first car came with an AM radio, 3 watts and one speaker in the dash.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by HalGumbert
I think it's ok, but could be amazing with some tweaks...

- Unlock the HDMI port so we can use any app we want. At a minimum, unlock the major apps like Waze, Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, etc...

- Update the interface for touch. The list of radio stations wastes a ton of space. Having a list of stations the scroll thru could be replace by a 4x3 grid of stations that could always be visible to eliminate scrolling.

+1

Old 04-28-2015, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I guess I'm too easily satisfied, or else I'm old enough to remember that my first car came with an AM radio, 3 watts and one speaker in the dash.
…and air-conditioning was something that hung under the dash, over the transmission hump.

I still have my dwell tachometer and timing light.

Last edited by Fitmo; 04-28-2015 at 06:43 AM.