General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

2013 fit sport bottom windshield area leaking water

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
2013 fit sport bottom windshield area leaking water

i noticed on the passenger side up under dash is leaking water into car. I brought car to dealer and got it checked out out. Technician from AutoNation Honda West Knoxville said he thinks it's coming from windshield.it was not confirmed exactly where the leak was.

I had the windshield replace from safelite last winter, so I had safelite check it out also. They tell me it's not coming from the windshield. Also, was not comfirmed where the leak is. I do know the leak did start before getting the windshield replaced but only happened once because I parked under a carport before moving and not having a carport to park in anymore.

The problem other than having a leak is that I don't have a second car nor have the money to rent a car to have the car sit at the dealers to get looked at again. This is not the dealer I bought the car from because I moved to an other state. The original dealer lent me a car when I had problems with my first Fit that I had, why can't this dealer do the same?

So, I need help getting this resolved either windshield or something else, both car and windshield are under warranty still so cost of what gets done will be pay by safelite or Honda.

Please help, give my your input on what should be done.

Thanks

Old 11-24-2014, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
I would have a friend stand outside with a water hose spraying the window area while you are inside looking under the dash for a water leak. Remember that water will travel a long way to find an opening so also have them spray water all over the windshield and not just on the passanger side. Also check to make sure it is not coming in from around the doors and leaking back under the dash..

Hope this helps.