Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 02:54 PM
Introduction

Hello everyone!

***Edit***
01/11/16 - so I'm swapping out the engine with a lower mileage one. New engine has 80k miles

I would like to introduce myself: I'm Dean Tran from Houston . I bought a 2008 Fit recently as a daily. It's a salvage title and has a good amount of cosmetic damages. She only has (neglected) 100k miles. So with some love, I expect to get many more out of her for next few years. I enjoy driving and don't mind wrenching. I really do look forward in meeting everyone and seeing what you have done with the car.

My car came with a different tire on every corner, wrong size battery, crayons melted everywhere in the back, both bumpers barely hanging on and rear hatch in crooked from previous accident that lets air in. My first goal was to get her cleaned up, running well and reliably. I replaced just about all wear items with new ones (filters, tires, brakes, battery, windshield wipers, etc) and changed all fluids with Honda fluids. I went and found the rear seat head rests at a junk yard. I'm still trying to find the cover that goes on the back. I want to get an alignment also.

I started to change out the speakers and have added a sub for fun. The bumpers might need to be replaced in the future, so when they go, I'll decide if I would go aftermarket or not. The Ings+1 rear bumper looks good with the built in diffuser and would go well with a J's front with the splitter.

Also I plan on using her for both (street touring class) SCCA and especially (X3 front wheel) BMW CCA regional autocross events. I still need to get another set of wheels and tires just for racing. Everything else I can slowing put on since she's a stock car.

Again, I look forward in meeting everyone in the community, sharing knowledge and working together.

Cheers,
Dean

Last edited by Naminess; 01-11-2016 at 02:11 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum

Old 01-10-2016, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Dean! Finally found your post man!

Looking forward to seeing the the progress you make on your GD. I may have a few goodies laying around that you may be able to use here if you're interested. Including but not limited to...

HFP axle back
Megan Racing (I think) header (BNIB)
Pivot Gen. 4 Racing throttle body controller

And MAYBE... a set of TR Motorsport C1s or a pair of Avant Storm S1. Both wheels are 15x7s.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:16 AM
Hey Kelan,
I'm definitely interested in all of those, especially the rims. I to get a separate set of wheels so I can throw on some RE71Rs.

I'm looking to throw on everything onto the car, so I'd anyone has performance parts that'll work for the car, please contact me. Looks like I'll need an intake as well.

Originally Posted by Hootie
Hey Dean! Finally found your
post man!

Looking forward to seeing the the progress you make on your GD. I may have a few goodies laying around that you may be able to use here if you're interested. Including but not limited to...

HFP axle back
Megan Racing (I think) header (BNIB)
Pivot Gen. 4 Racing throttle body controller

And MAYBE... a set of TR Motorsport C1s or a pair of Avant Storm S1. Both wheels are 15x7s.

Old 01-11-2016, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Your playing the same game I am,, Got mine for an initial $500 investment..

My "CHEAP" fit. The log..

Old 01-12-2016, 05:38 PM
That's a great deal you got there dwtaylorpdx. We might be playing same game, but you're in a different league.