Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Welcome to the FitFreak.net Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Forum

2011 rims and tires going on an 08fit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 01:15 PM
2011 rims and tires going on an 08fit?

I have an 08 honda fit, I'm purchasing 2011 rims and tires with 11000 miles on them. The back still have tread on them, the frt need replacing. Could someone give me some feedback on wheather I should go with 2 replacement tires the same as the back, or should I go with something different. I would say we get more rain then snow.
The 08 tires were very disappointing in there wear. My fault I didnt rotate them. but still I feel they should have lasted better. As for them being all-season they were good the 1st year after that into the 2nd year I was already thinking I needed all snow tires. which I did purchase from tire rack with steelies.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:57 AM
guess what?

I decided to go for the Kumbo Tires ECSTA AST. The size will be 205-50-16, I read all the reviews on the tire racks site and for the bang for your buck, I going to go with these tires, even though I might go alittle faster on long turns I dont consider myself a spirited driver.

If these tires dont work out then I move to better priced ones next.and thanks again for all your great advice, just kidding. ha

Old 05-30-2012, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
Holly maccrow Andy

So far these tires were very reasonable priced, and hold the road very nice, what road noise.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:14 AM
how much did you pay for the rims, and where did y buy them

Old 08-26-2012, 03:28 PM
I still like em

the rims were 225, I spray painted them a darker gray metalic and put a couple clear coats on them too, still look great all summer long no chipping yet, because I did want tpms I paid for & sent them to the seller's home. The tires came out to 88.00 bucks, I only got two cause the tires I got with rims have plenty of tread left. I can feel a huge difference though with the new ones on the back, so much so I have been wondering even with summer ending and falls is already starting (the leaves r just starting to change) I want to try and make it through to next year. I been toying with Idea of just replacing the 2 original's with Kumho's, funky name uh - who thought of that one. I found a great tire place that remove my exiting snow tires and steelies and put the 2 new kumho's on taking off the orignal bald ones and put the new set of rims back on the car for 50.00 dollars they didnt even scratch the spay paint job I did, I believe they check 4 balance too. the tech, said he could dial in the tpms. that's 100. to 150. at a honda dealership, he did for free. BTW it didnt work haha, but I took my sisters car there and he said he wanted me to come back with my car and would make it right. No charge. They are called Newberry Tire, they r in newberry, Ohio. Hope this small novel I've written helps. One more thing I havent exprienced the road noise that I read on the Tire Rack comment section on their site about these tires.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:31 PM
sorry I did forget to mention I brought them from a fellow fit freak, we meet in Penn. and talk alittle. Good Freak Ha Ha.