Indianapolis?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm in Fishers - no Fit yet (soon soon soon I hope!). Waiting on Penske Honda to call me when my Fit is on its way.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MarTT
I'm in Fishers - no Fit yet (soon soon soon I hope!). Waiting on Penske Honda to call me when my Fit is on its way.
Did you try calling around other dealerships? Maybe another one will have one waiting. That's what I did. I had to drive to Terre Haute to get mine, but at least I didn't have to wait.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:19 PM
I suppose I should try that (I was thinking of being "loyal" to the sales guy at Penske). I don't have to have it today, but I am getting more and more impatient as the days go by - I have been looking at inventory on the dealer web sites but have found that to be unreliable. I'll start calling and see what I come up with.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
What kind are you trying to get?

I would call around. Why do you feel loyal to the Penske guy? Have you bought other Hondas from him? Just curious.

I went to the Honda website and just started calling all the dealerships and then when none nearby had the one I wanted I started expanding my range. That's why I ended up calling Terre Haute.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:34 AM
sam
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by t-bone
I got it today.
So nice and fun to drive. I drove it back from Terre Haute to Fishers.
How did you like the Terre Haute dealer. Hoping to pick one up from there soon.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:49 AM
What kind are you trying to get?

I would call around. Why do you feel loyal to the Penske guy? Have you bought other Hondas from him? Just curious.

I went to the Honda website and just started calling all the dealerships and then when none nearby had the one I wanted I started expanding my range. That's why I ended up calling Terre Haute.
Looking for a Sport Auto in red, silver, blue or orange (in that order of preference).
No reason to be loyal to the Penske guy, just an old-fashioned courtesy (I should get over that!).

Old 06-20-2006, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sam
How did you like the Terre Haute dealer. Hoping to pick one up from there soon.
I got mine from Jon Bledsoe. Really nice guy. I got it at MSRP with no haggling. Took my deposit and said he'd have everything ready when I arrived. The finance guy tried to sell me the extended warranty over the phone. I refused the offer. They held onto the car for a few days while I made arrangements to gather up my funds.

I just arrived at the dealership with a cashier's check. Signed the papers and was out the door.

Jon was really nice. He knew everything about the car. Went over all the details. Another dealership wanted a black one that the Terre Haute dealership had. So in exchange Terre Haute got the red one. Maybe I was lucky when I called. I don't know how long they had the Milano Red Fit before I called. Maybe a day or so.

Most other dealerships had to order a red one in. And I didn't really feel like waiting since I was using a rental until I could get my Fit.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:57 PM
OK so I call my sales guy today at Penske and he said my Fit Sport Auto has a build date of June 9. Then he said normally 20-30 days - then it ships and he estimates the car will be at the dealer mid-July. Should he be able to give me a VIN on this car? (I didn't ask.) Does this timing sound about right?

Old 06-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I'll be in town fron June 30th - July 3rd

Old 06-24-2006, 02:48 AM
sam
Super Moderator
I got mine from Jon Bledsoe. Really nice guy. I got it at MSRP with no haggling. [...]
Drove mine back today - Jon said you mentioned the fitfreak site too

Storm Silver Metallic

Old 06-24-2006, 10:12 AM
From what I've been hearing it takes about 4 weeks from the build date to delivery to the dealership, however your delivery could be slightly delayed due to the 4th of July holiday. Also, I believe Penske is a President's Club member FWIW. P.S. My sister and her family live in Indy and also have relatives in Carmel/Fishers area.

Old 06-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by simplife
From what I've been hearing it takes about 4 weeks from the build date to delivery to the dealership, however your delivery could be slightly delayed due to the 4th of July holiday. Also, I believe Penske is a President's Club member FWIW. P.S. My sister and her family live in Indy and also have relatives in Carmel/Fishers area.
Thanks for the info . . . my Penske salesman called me a couple days ago and said I now have a VIN! So, it's on its way, still scheduled for mid-July. Cool!

Old 06-27-2006, 02:37 AM
sam
Super Moderator
Cool Lunch Meet?

Originally Posted by dougiepants
I'll be in town fron June 30th - July 3rd
I was down today -er.. yesterday late. You in town for family stuff? Maybe up for lunch on Friday? Indian place across from Castleton Mall?

If I don't come up with something I'll end up in Anderson all day helping move computers. It would also be a good excuse to drop in on business guy in Indy.

Edit: Obviously (or not so I put it) everyone should show up.

Last edited by sam; 06-27-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I'll be in Indianapolis Jun 30th - July 2nd for F1... Looking to meet up anyone... PM me

Old 07-08-2007, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry to resurrect a thread, but I'm in Fishers myself, and I'm looking to pick up a Fit (well, order one) on Monday most likely. I've been dealing with Penske exclusively since they were the only lot in the area that had a Fit I could test drive. I'm wanting a Taffeta White Sport, and since that color's on its way out I have to get the '07 model.

I currently drive a 99 Mercury Cougar, and the NECO car clubs are pretty active. Do you Indy folks get together at all for meets, mods, etc? I don't intend to do much to my Fit, but I've been in car clubs since I've been a driver, and I don't want that to end now.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:14 AM
sam
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DagerOne
Sorry to resurrect a thread, but I'm in Fishers myself, and I'm looking to pick up a Fit (well, order one) on Monday most likely. I've been dealing with Penske exclusively since they were the only lot in the area that had a Fit I could test drive. I'm wanting a Taffeta White Sport, and since that color's on its way out I have to get the '07 model.

I currently drive a 99 Mercury Cougar, and the NECO car clubs are pretty active. Do you Indy folks get together at all for meets, mods, etc? I don't intend to do much to my Fit, but I've been in car clubs since I've been a driver, and I don't want that to end now.
Great to hear from you!
The only problem we seem to have is deciding when and where to meet. I'm not interested in meeting at Hooters or a bar myself. Anywhere else is fine with me.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
*ponders* The meets I'm used to are generally in someone's garage with a lot of space. One person is changing out plugs, another is swapping rotors, two others are trying out short ram intakes, and someone else is relocating his battery to the trunk to improve weight distribution or something. Countless others just socialize, and someone runs the grill. In short, the bars don't usually come until folks are done working on their cars...and that's only a portion of the crowd.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Hello...new to the forum....my wifes getting a Silver Fit tomorrow. Live up here in the Ft. Wayne area.

Came here looking for mods for here car. I currently have a 06 Element...the wife wants some rims (16's or 17's) and a nice grill.

Any input would be much appreciated.

You can see my element here....Index2

Old 07-12-2007, 07:15 PM
ditto on the "no bar" scene. Just throwin' this out there, but it worked really well when I had a Element Meet at my house. I live in the north side of Anderson. Big yard, long driveway, super-huge grille, and some firewood. Works bests on weekends--anytime. wadayathink ?

Old 07-12-2007, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
I'd be game...er, in a couple of weeks when I actually HAVE my Fit.

Can anyone recommend a good tint shop in the Indy area? I must have my windows tinted (doctor's orders...stupid light sensitivity). Supposedly I can go lower than the legal limit with the exemption I have, but I intend to only go to Indiana's limit on the windows and down to the AS1 line on the windshield. It's just not worth the possible harassment.

Quick Reply: Indianapolis?