New fit buyer having trouble!!

Old 12-04-2011, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
I thought 2011& 2012 came with the carpet mats. However the rubber all weather or Weathertech digital are superior.

I just checked the Honda website- Mats are standard with the Sport model & are not included with the Base. It doesn't say which mats, but I believe they are the carpet ones.
Yes I believe the Sport comes with carpet mats. Sooznd which are better, the Weathertech or the OEM rubber mats? It seems like I have read it both ways here but not sure.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:02 PM
i'm trying to gather all the stuff I want on the car right now~ So I'm trying to figure out which one comes with the car and which one doesnt

Old 12-04-2011, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chinkieboy
i'm trying to gather all the stuff I want on the car right now~ So I'm trying to figure out which one comes with the car and which one doesnt
Go to the official Honda site. On there it lists everything the different models come with. It only says "floor mats" for the Sport, but I know from my salesperson they are the carpeted mats.

I too am trying to figure out what accessories I want.

have fun

Old 12-04-2011, 10:50 PM
yes I think this the fun part of it.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by afreespirit
Yes I believe the Sport comes with carpet mats. Sooznd which are better, the Weathertech or the OEM rubber mats? It seems like I have read it both ways here but not sure.
I originally got the Honda all-weather Mats, then sold the fronts and replaced them with the WeatherTech Digital since I had worn a hole in the front carpet in less than a year. Does anyone know if the carpeting changed with the 2011 & 2012 Fit?. The carpet in the 2010 is cheap and wears out easily.
I like the Weathertech digital for the front and the Oem Hondas for the rear. Some others on the forum have done the same.
The Honda all-weather mats in the rear cover more area than the Weathertechs. But the front Weathertechs protect more of the "carpet"

Either one is better than the carpet mats.

Last edited by sooznd; 12-04-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:36 PM
car will arrive between 9-13th of jan. I can't wait! alot of parts already waiting....
mugen door visor, T1r low bar and frame bar, shiftknob, shiftboot, coverking car seat(rear).

Old 01-01-2012, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
I originally got the Honda all-weather Mats, then sold the fronts and replaced them with the WeatherTech Digital since I had worn a hole in the front carpet in less than a year. Does anyone know if the carpeting changed with the 2011 & 2012 Fit?. The carpet in the 2010 is cheap and wears out easily.
I like the Weathertech digital for the front and the Oem Hondas for the rear. Some others on the forum have done the same.
The Honda all-weather mats in the rear cover more area than the Weathertechs. But the front Weathertechs protect more of the "carpet"

Either one is better than the carpet mats.
Thanks for this advice sooznd. I left the carpet mats in the back since passengers will be rare. I got the Weathertech digitals for the front and am very pleased with them.

It sure helps when others share their experience. I would say the carpet has not changed in the 2012 Fit. It looks ultra cheap, however fully covered by the Weathertechs this is not much of a concern, I think. Driving with the OEM carpeted mats hardly more than a week before replacing them, I did notice there was a bit of wear showing already on the front driver's mat where my heel rested.