The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

I fucking hate 95% of you here

Old 12-30-2010, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Slowbros
He'll run out of VTAK sauce at 6900 rpm and at 7100 rpm...Piston rings will fy from all teh danger to manifold
I shift gears at 72K all of the time.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
idiots on fitfreak? now thats just absurd!

/sarcasm
totally this

Old 12-30-2010, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by texas coyote
i shift gears at 72k all of the time.
72,000???!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!!? !?!?!??!?

:d

Old 12-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Good, DiamondStarMonsters, don't waste any more of your time trying to explain your theory, just tell me that I have no idea what you're talking about based on knowing nothing about me other than my occupation and the fact that I can spell. And yes, I'm educated in some capacity; I went to Penn.

I haven't been using my occupational skills to insult nor demean you, I've been asking for science and I get insults. And yes, I read what you wrote, though I didn't count the pages so I can't confirm there are 18 of them. Thanks for the offer of all the technical material, but what I'd like to see is data that evidences a Fit getting better mileage with higher-octane fuel, not textbooks that are general and not about the car we own.

Like, for example, a study comparing two cars making the same drive, with different fuels.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
yeah but you are a nov 2010 member.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
72,000???!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!!? !?!?!??!?

:d
HONDATA reflash.... It came with the KWSC High Boost Kit...

Old 12-31-2010, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Brain Champagne
You do realize that's a comedy routine, right?

This material is more current:
Video - Clean Corporate Comedian Shaun Eli
Oh, was it?
Of course I did, Brian. For being the smartest comedian, you sure are dense.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
HONDATA reflash.... It came with the KWSC High Boost Kit...
He's being silly. 72k = 72,000. 7.2k = 7,200.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
Good, DiamondStarMonsters, don't waste any more of your time trying to explain your theory, just tell me that I have no idea what you're talking about based on knowing nothing about me other than my occupation and the fact that I can spell. And yes, I'm educated in some capacity; I went to Penn.

I haven't been using my occupational skills to insult nor demean you, I've been asking for science and I get insults. And yes, I read what you wrote, though I didn't count the pages so I can't confirm there are 18 of them. Thanks for the offer of all the technical material, but what I'd like to see is data that evidences a Fit getting better mileage with higher-octane fuel, not textbooks that are general and not about the car we own.

Like, for example, a study comparing two cars making the same drive, with different fuels.
Shaun, if you were interested in knowing whether there was a difference or not it is simply a matter of being open minded and trusting enough in your own competence to find out for yourself... There are numerous threads where this same thing has gone on in the exact same way and someone that was open minded spent a little extra at the pump than they normally would and came to their own conclusion.... That is how numerous people came about changing their minds.... If you have chosen to use 87 octane instead of something with more octane without even seeing if there is a difference you made an uneducated choice... It's a simple see for your self thing that will ultimately be what you end up believing whether someone jumps and meets your challenge which I think is pretty silly to expect. If it is control you want,you have it already, when you either see results or don't by your own doing.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:28 AM
I wish it were that simple, but as I've explained, it's impossible to replicate conditions sufficient to draw an effective conclusion. Simply driving with one gas one week and a different gas another week isn't scientifically valid- as someone with science training you know that temperature, pressure, wind and other vehicles cause too many complications. That's why I am hoping to do a test with similar cars on the same days, then switch fuels and compare.

Because for all the postings on this site from a few people claiming they've found a difference (and presumably most of those people expected a difference or they wouldn't have tried it) there are a zillion others, from Honda to the oil companies to various government agencies, who claim no benefit to higher-octane fuel in cars that don't ask for it. That's why I DO want to run a test, but under as close to scientific conditions as I can.

Oh, and for those who did watch the video- when I wrote that joke I was driving my mom's Rabbit.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
yeah but you are a nov 2010 member.
I'm sick of your sass wheel twin

Originally Posted by thefit09
He's being silly. 72k = 72,000. 7.2k = 7,200.
At what point do I reference 72k or 7.2k?

Old 12-31-2010, 03:16 AM
There were several people, if you actually had read the thread Shaun, who were just as skeptical as you, but went on and tried it and came out with a different opinion.

Klasse Act for instance. He even related his data to you, and you reject it because it doesn't go with your anti-oil company narrative. They are clearly lying to us. When companies like VP sell 116oct gas it is clearly not any better than pump 87.

It is all a myth obviously. 93 isnt superior to 87 either.

There is more than enough user testimony, from those using actual scangauges on the matter.

It is basic tuning knowledge, and we know the ECUs are quite accomodating for a range of fuels. I have spoken with actual OE calibrators on this subject many times, folks like Greg Banish for instance. They will all tell you exactly what I am.

I don't care what the government, oil companies or the owners manual have to say on the matter and neither should you. None of them will provide you with tuning knowledge.

Why don't you go reset the ECU, run through a couple tanks of premium in a row and see for yourself. Then Reset the ECU again, and run a couple tanks with 2 gallons of toluene mixed in to a tank of 93.

Then switch back to 87 octane and watch the knock retard cut in like crazy everytime you get on the gas. Reset the ECU, run a second tank of 87 and compare your mileage to the previous 6 tanks of 93 oct and 93 + Toluene respectively.

You will see a difference in performance and fuel economy going from 87 to 93, and then from 93 to >100oct and then back down to 87.

This is about the safest and easiest way to see the difference you get when you increase octane (in 6 point intervals no less) and then go back to regular 87 from 100+

87 is going to be the MinOct table tunes, and 93 + Toluene will definitely put you on the MaxOct tables.

I can demonstrate this even with 20 year old ECUs. Modern Hondas have many more interpolated fuel and timing tables, why is this so hard to understand?

I have provided links to free downloads to tuning software, with demos and tutorials and everything but people like you never seem to go through them and learn.

Instead you just shoot your mouth off, because you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, but dont let that stop you.

The same reasons you would run premium fuel in a performance vehicle, you would do it in an economy vehicle. Efficient, full combustion.

This fact is lost on so many dumbasses like you, it is incredible.

Go read the goddamn thread.. actually read it.

It will take hours so you shouldnt be back any time soon. There is more information there than you could possibly know what to do with as a complete novice and layman so you might want to actually go read the links from contributors like Silver Bullet and Scratch & Dent.

S&D was another skeptic who also tried to tell you what he found. He even goes on to apologize for how rude I am in bringing the truth to you.

Like I said earlier, stick to comedy, it looks like you need enough help there as it is.

Since you won't believe me at my word, try the experiment above for yourself. In the mean time stop being a whiny bitch.

Even if you do not now know what knock or knock retard is and feels like you will become well aquainted by the end of your first tank back on regular.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 12-31-2010 at 04:55 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:45 AM
Wow, I'm sorry you're so angry at someone you don't know, who's been nothing but nice to you and has tried to provide information as well as ask for and about it, in what ought to be a civil debate.

I'm done, I may not have a degree in automotive engineering but I did learn in elementary school to stop listening to people who call me names in lieu of a productive conversation. If I do run a test I'll report the results, which I'm sure you'll find fault with even if it's scientific and agrees with you. In the meantime I'll put the gas in the car that Honda, Uncle Sam AND the oil companies suggest.

Best of luck to you in your endeavors.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
In the meantime I'll put the gas in the car that Honda, Uncle Sam AND the oil companies suggest.
Not exactly two of the most upstanding entities, don't you think?

Old 12-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Let's see, the folks who built the car and would prefer to advertise this economy car as having better mileage and more power and the folks who want to cut down on the quantity of oil we import, oh, and the oil companies that would prefer to sell me more expensive gas, or a couple of folks on the internet whom I've never met, some of whom aren't the nicest folks one would hope to invite to dinner. You're right, I probably shouldn't even be listening in the first place.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Let's see, the folks who built the car and would prefer to advertise this economy car as having better mileage and more power and the folks who want to cut down on the quantity of oil we import, oh, and the oil companies that would prefer to sell me more expensive gas, or a couple of folks on the internet whom I've never met, some of whom aren't the nicest folks one would hope to invite to dinner. You're right, I probably shouldn't even be listening in the first place.
You honestly think the government wants to cut down on the quantity of oil imported? WRONG. They'd like to control it. See: War in Iraq.

The oil companies are making money hand over fist, save BP, which can't seem to get it right. You really think they'd make it an initiative to sell one tier of gas over another?

Old 12-31-2010, 10:23 AM
I'll skip your first point. As far as the oil companies wanting to sell one type of gas over another, yes, they do if it's more profitable (and it usually is). In fact for years they implied in their advertising that higher-octane fuel was somehow 'better' until the gov't made them stop. Now they only sort-of imply it...

Old 12-31-2010, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Brain theres a lot to this, its a choice for one, for a better running car or a car that runs buts get low mpg. Honda raised the compression from 9 to 1 to 10.5 to 1 and implemented some safety features.

1. Oil squirter's under the piston, it cools the pistons but as oil builds up it retains heat causing hot spots.
2. The Fit has a cooler thermostat, My Fit ran temps in the 170-180 range compared to 190-195.
3. Knock sensors, detects knock and retards timing which causes the richening of the fuel air which causes bad mpg.
4. The ecu it self, At 70 percent or higher load in open loop has a fuel A/F of 11.5 compared to 14.7 close loop which is compromise between best power and best mpg of 15.7 A/F. Best power 12.5 and Best Torque of 13.2 fuel air.
14.7 fuel air is the complete burn and every ecu and o2 is tuned for in close loop.

5.The problems with Regular. The more ethanol in it they lower the base octane. Even though your car runs fine to you it can separate and the ethanol burns out and your left with water and lower octane than your car was made to burn. Bad gas

6. Carbon deposits, raises the compression raising the need for Higher Octane.
This is called ORI fuelguru - Gasoline Detergency, Vehicle Maintenance and Ethanol Integration

Last edited by SilverBullet; 12-31-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:08 AM
whoa!!!

I too have been frustrated, at times, by some mindblowingly stupid threads posted at FF. Hasn't THIS thread taken that to new heights! I USE the search function AND when I don't get the answer I hope to AM guilty of sometimes asking newbish questions. Most Fitfreaks ATTEMPT to be helpful and some are abrasive as$%#les! The ratio is about the same as in society in general. Welcome to life. MOST people attempt to be nice, interesting and helpful yet ignorance and ineptness abounds. This is my addition to this silly ass rant.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
The crew will be arriving shortly. They can hear the tune of their own songs from a decade away on the internet. Get out your e-baseball bats kiddos.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I fucking hate 95% of you here