The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.
View Poll Results: Do You Think Hellaflush is Cool?
I'm from California and I think Hellaflush is cool.
16.11%
I'm from California and I think Hellaflush is not cool.
20.00%
I'm not from California and I think Hellaflush is cool.
26.11%
I'm not from California and I think Hellaflush is not cool.
37.78%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think Hellaflush is cool.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
Hellaflush

To me the question is kinda' open ended. To ask if you think it's cool enough that you would do it to yur ride is the big question!!

Do I think it's "cool" hell yes, but sure wouldn't ruin a perfectly practical vehicle and make it basically impractical only to sacrifice it for that specific look-unless it's jus' for car shows.

But I definitely luv some of the rides that I see on FF, so long story short I did vote "Yes".

Shock'd at how many people from and not from Cali voted "no" so far. Maybe it will swing the other direction before the poll closes.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:18 AM
but in the end... I always think it's cool for what it is... the proper ones

Old 02-06-2011, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinnymac
To me the question is kinda' open ended. To ask if you think it's cool enough that you would do it to yur ride is the big question!!

Do I think it's "cool" hell yes, but sure wouldn't ruin a perfectly practical vehicle and make it basically impractical only to sacrifice it for that specific look-unless it's jus' for car shows.

But I definitely luv some of the rides that I see on FF, so long story short I did vote "Yes".

Shock'd at how many people from and not from Cali voted "no" so far. Maybe it will swing the other direction before the poll closes.
It's an opinion.

For myself... it's not only NOT cool on my own ride... I don't like seeing it on any ride.

When I think of flush... I think of lining up. Doing a google on "hellaflush" gives me all the examples of what I DON'T consider flush.

That being said... its nearly impossible to find a picture of what I DO consider flush. So, I'll just try to describe it. Take a stick (as straight as possible)... and if it can touch the tires and parts of the car on both sides of the tires without bending, that's flush. As for the wheel... I don't like it sticking out past the tires.... rather have it (slightly) sunk in, instead... like having 205s on the stock wheels.

This topic is about what each of us thinks... and this is what I think about it.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
I like the look of hellaflush but would hate to own a hellaflushafied car.. Kindaflush is the way to go..

Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
The recent tread on mud flaps makes sense because they will prevent accumulation of road filth from your tires rotation while driving.... Hellaflush increases the road filth thing, crinkled fenders, premature tire failure and impotence in young men that become obsessed with senseless cosmetic trends in styling and non words like hellaflush.... You guys are looking in the wrong place for a tight fit. K-Y products aren't for squeezing tires into fender wells but by looking at the time and money spent to acquire a look that is a detriment to spirited driving, not many that do this to their cars have much knowledge about the more pleasurable things life has to offer.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 02-21-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 PM
hellaflush... it gets everybody's attention and causes traffic...

Old 03-24-2011, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Hellaflush is not a fucking trend. It's been around way before it was ever called that, and it will continue to be around. While I think some people take it to an absolute extreme, I love aggressive wheel fitment.

Some people are just angry they can't afford baller wheels :P

Old 03-25-2011, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by whtsjdm

STATEMENT A ---Hellaflush is not a fucking trend. It's been around way before it was ever called that, and it will continue to be around. While I think some people take it to an absolute extreme, I love aggressive wheel fitment.

STATEMENT B---Some people are just angry they can't afford baller wheels :P

Statement b completely invalidates statement a.

Also statement b is exactly why everyone else who is serious about cars is laughing at hellaflush.

Also just because something doesnt start as a trend doesnt mean it cant become a trend. For example, Rap used to be a meaningful thing, ref; tupac, bone thugs, et. al. But now it is a souless trend that deserves to die.

Also in ref to statement b perhaps it is not that we cannot afford them but rather that those who are hellaflush must believe that we cannot afford it to justify their own extravagant purchase.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 03-25-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
Statement b completely invalidates statement a.

Also statement b is exactly why everyone else who is serious about cars is laughing at hellaflush.
Well in his (whtsjdm) case he is serious about cars and likes teh fitment... So we have found the missing link!

I do agree though with you for the most part on this one Lyon, more often than not I either laugh or shake my head when I see those guys around here.

There is a way to make a nice flush and functional car, but they are exceedingly rare at least in Chicago.

It's like finding a unicorn made of solid gold that shits winning lotto tickets.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Well in his (whtsjdm) case he is serious about cars and likes teh fitment... So we have found the missing link!

I do agree though with you for the most part on this one Lyon, more often than not I either laugh or shake my head when I see those guys around here.

There is a way to make a nice flush and functional car, but they are exceedingly rare at least in Chicago.

It's like finding a unicorn made of solid gold that shits winning lotto tickets.
Shhh I'm trying to demonize the enemy here. like you say, for every 1 rational person there are 99 kids with their craigslist Volks (not that where they were bought is important) with comprised offset, compromised camber, compromised ground clearance and generally f**ked suspension geometry.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
Shhh I'm trying to demonize the enemy here. like you say, for every 1 rational person there are 99 kids with their craigslist Volks (not that where they were bought is important) with comprised offset, compromised camber, compromised ground clearance and generally f**ked suspension geometry.
I agree with you guys. For the record, statement B was a joke. I do agree that it has become somewhat of a trend. The people who follow the trend are the ones who seem to fuck it up. Having a slight stretch, fenders pulled, and a few - degrees of camber doesn't bother me. People who take it to the extreme however, do.

Sorry if I came across kind of douchey in my last post. I just get sick of reading posts from self righteous asshats on nwp/ht who are always criticizing what someone else likes.

If you've taken it so far that you can't drive your vehicle, then you've taken it to that extreme.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:01 AM
I agree with you guys. For the record, statement B was a joke. I do agree that it has become somewhat of a trend. The people who follow the trend are the ones who seem to fuck it up. Having a slight stretch, fenders pulled, and a few - degrees of camber doesn't bother me. People who take it to the extreme however, do.

Sorry if I came across kind of douchey in my last post. I just get sick of reading posts from self righteous asshats on nwp/ht who are always criticizing what someone else likes.

If you've taken it so far that you can't drive your vehicle, then you've taken it to that extreme.
QFT

And no worries, I can be pretty douchey too sometimes

Old 03-25-2011, 02:11 AM

I think many if not most can agree with that.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
Awesome, zen has returned to the universe of ff. But if you ever wanted to see me get irrationaly upset, pnp hid lights are the way to go. When I see those blinding blue lights coming I start flashing my highbeams and just generally rage. It's not outside possibly for me to through up the big L, like the 90s loser sign, right at them.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
Awesome, zen has returned to the universe of ff. But if you ever wanted to see me get irrationaly upset, pnp hid lights are the way to go. When I see those blinding blue lights coming I start flashing my highbeams and just generally rage. It's not outside possibly for me to through up the big L, like the 90s loser sign, right at them.
That irritates me as well. Retrofit please? Although people just driving around oblivious to the fact that they have their brights on irritates me more.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
Some people are just angry they can't afford baller wheels :P
Most people going for 'hellaflush' don't go for baller wheels.

The majority of people that attempt to go for 'hellaflush' (THAT I'VE SEEN) buy Sportmaxx/Diamond Racing/Bassets/etc.

Hellaflush IMO is ugly.

Sensibly flush is HOT.

Example of my ideal fitment:

Note:
-Lightweight/strong/goodlooking wheel
-Proper stagger
-non stretched tire
-No gap, but not obscenely low (I'd be lying if I said I didn't love crazy low static cars....I'm tucking an inch of tire or so even in winter mode lol...but I'm on cheap coilovers from the previous owner)

Old 03-25-2011, 03:23 AM
That irritates me as well. Retrofit please? Although people just driving around oblivious to the fact that they have their brights on irritates me more.
Name:  BrokenCrank001.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  60.4 KB
Oh Snap!

These threads are fun!

Old 03-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Most people going for 'hellaflush' don't go for baller wheels.

The majority of people that attempt to go for 'hellaflush' (THAT I'VE SEEN) buy Sportmaxx/Diamond Racing/Bassets/etc.

Hellaflush IMO is ugly.

Sensibly flush is HOT.

Example of my ideal fitment:

Note:
-Lightweight/strong/goodlooking wheel
-Proper stagger
-non stretched tire
-No gap, but not obscenely low (I'd be lying if I said I didn't love crazy low static cars....I'm tucking an inch of tire or so even in winter mode lol...but I'm on cheap coilovers from the previous owner)
that is not hellaflush! 0_0 lol jk

Old 03-25-2011, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
I had some 16X7" wheels with 38mm offset and they had what some people call an aggressive stance... It may look aggressive but it is a pain in the a$$ having to fight the excessive torque steer when getting on the throttle after down shifting and pulling out to pass slower moving cars on a 2 lane highway. The extra weight of the thicker hub, offset and width does a terrible number on your ride, handling, suspension components. All of that is compounded by short travel lowering springs which also shortens the lifespan of the suspension and CV joints.. Been there, done that before most of the guys doing it now were even born.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Yo-Yo-Yo Dawg it tain't Flush unless it's Hell-of-a-Flush

Take this turd for example

Quick Reply: Do you think Hellaflush is cool.