The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

Bitch Ass Crank Pulley Bolt

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
So, what I'm hearing it relatively good news and some data that was collected through multiple strenuous tests (NOS, and now this) is on the table for all to reference. I hope more tuners find these threads someday when the Fit is a cheap used car, and there are more turbo kits running around (or even available.) It's valuable stuff -Thanks. I have a lot of confidence in the long term durability of the engine, modded or not.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Angry Thread of False Hope

After the PB Blaster, 350-lb impact gun and pulley wedge did not work, I found this thread and hoped the tips here would work for my 2008 Fit Sport MT and its Blackberry Pearliness.

So I ordered the pulley holder, waited my week and kept PB Blasting that camshaft pulley bolt, torched the bolt until cherry red and oil smoke rose from the timing chain - twice for ten minutes - let it cool, more impact wrench, nothing.

The pulley holder came in this morning and I though this was thee day.

Picked up 5 feet of 1" black iron pipe to cheat the 18 inch 1/2 drive breaker bar.

In the next hour, I proceeded to snap two short extensions (Craftsman no less), then SNAPPED THE PULLEY HOLDER ITSELF while still in its handle. We'll see if the supplier will replace it. It twisted and snapped like a pretzel.

I the meantime, more heat (15 minutes at a time now) from a MAPP torch, another can of PB Blaster, more impact wrench, as I'm not one to give up easily. I'm just trying to figure out what's going to come first - the camshaft pulley bolt removal or a new crate motor. It's hard to believe that this bolt is stuck in there so well, like it's welded there.

What a PITA just to change a head gasket.

Last edited by pchiarizio; 07-27-2015 at 04:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-28-2015, 08:56 AM
She finally came off, it just took 2 more rounds of PB Blaster, 15 minutes of heat, and 10 more minutes of air impact wrench. Unbelievable.