The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

What did you do this weekend?

Old 05-21-2012, 11:31 AM

The girlfriend started a giant landscaping project, which of course means I started a giant landscaping project.

This required a tune up and fluid change on all the power equipment:

Old 05-21-2012, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
My wife and I also did a landscaping project on Sunday. We tore out all the old bushes and replaced them with all new ones plus mulch and planted trees in the back yard. Fun times

Old 05-21-2012, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
Haha, glad I don't have a yard (most of the time.) Been doing a lot of house cleaning, organizing and repairs though.

Any plans to build stuff as a part of the project? I haven't ever thought about it that much, but I bet people who are good at wrenching are also good at building. You could pour some footings and set some posts for a pergola type thing. Might not be as popular in colder climates.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Speedlimitz -Agreed, can be a good work out and good fun. Best part is the clean up haha

She went out to the Atrium in Lake Zurich and came back with something like 96 plants.

At least 6 hastas, a bunch of salvia flowers, perennials, flocks, ground cover, mulch, top soil etc. And we still have two beds left to weed, plant and mulch. How she got all of that in a volvo sedan I'll never know.

hayden - I did commercial and residential construction for a combined six years, and the unfortunate bit is she knows this..

Already had to make a couple new air-conditioner pads, and now she wants a box to go around and "hide" them.

Then she drew up a lean-to for behind the garage, some trellis and a new foot bridge for over a little stream by the bonfire area at the back of the property.

The only thing I want to do has to wait till next year of course.. a 16' x 20' man-cave/shop with utilities and/or a second garage with a mud room on the back.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds like a cool backyard! Let me know if you need any help with the design of the man cave. That's my specialty.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:21 PM
I took delivery on a 2012 Honda Fit. Then I joined these forums this morning. Topical?!

Old 05-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by hayden
Sounds like a cool backyard! Let me know if you need any help with the design of the man cave. That's my specialty.
I'd like to think so. Its a b*tch to keep up. But I knew what I was getting into when we bought it.

And I'll definitely hit you up when I need some consulting. My neighbor has a barn that Ive been jealous of for a while now.

My main goal is to have a bay with a lift for working on the race car(s)

Originally Posted by knightjohannes
I took delivery on a 2012 Honda Fit. Then I joined these forums this morning. Topical?!

Id say so! Welcome

Old 05-21-2012, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
I prefer the slash and burn method of lawn care... It's amazing how green the areas that were burned by the wildfire last summer are right now compared to the areas it passed by or were saved by the forest service and volunteer firemen... It's hard to even know what day it is lately but since the VA messed up on doing the monthly renewal on my morphine prescription my memory is better... I can most assuredly can say I piddled around over the weekend just like I do every other day... I think I'll have a cold Heineken and take a walk up and down the road again since it has gotten cloudy.. Damn I spoke too soon about the clouds.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
The girlfriend started a giant landscaping project, which of course means I started a giant landscaping project.
Watch out for those honey-do's. They're worst than crab grass and dandelions... They keep growing and no watering required...

Old 05-21-2012, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I think I'll have a cold Heineken and take a walk up and down the road again since it has gotten cloudy.. Damn I spoke too soon about the clouds.
Sounds pretty nice actually. Sorry to hear about the meds. Send some of those clouds this way. I don't want more heat. More rain would be good! That means I don't have to water one of my relevant-to-this-discussion projects at work. hahaha The weeds are taking over too!

DSM- yeah, definitely get in touch when you're ready.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member

lvl 60 Monk, Inferno Act II. lolololol

racing and video games are my hobbies lol

Old 05-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Everyone has been into Diablo 3 lately. There were even people taking off work haha

Finally had a chance to take a look at the tractor again. Its hard to get a shot of what caused it, but the carb was clogged by the famous "injector gunk" that comes as a by product of letting ethanol blended gas sit for extended periods of time.

Nothing some carb cleaner and 120psi air couldnt fix though: