The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

opinion on opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
opinion on opinions

quite recently the forum has been blanketed in threads asking for others opinions. daily i see should i do this and should i do that?? well heres the thing unless you are asking what we (forum members) will think of you doing something to your car you generally wont get a straight answer just opinions which sometimes have grounds in facts other times its "this is the best handeling vehicle ever, no need to upgrade it" from people that have driven suvs,jeeps,pickups and a couple hondas back in the early 90s .with the exception of "this car sucks/uncomfortable, cheap and underpowered" from people that have been driving bmws, mercedes or even still an acura.
now that aside if i see another "maybe see a few track days" in response to a reason to seek better performance,be it motor or interior materials or unnecessary brake pads and rotors. i can just assume its for aestetic purposes only and say something smart like cut your springs you dont care about quality or performance or safety so why spend any money at all.
heres where things become tricky recently ive ran into a new element : the i have no clue what im talking about so ill down play every thing this poster says and attempt to make him appear as he is in the wrong.
WETPHOTO this is for you chief.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
the more i look into this wetphoto bussiness it appears that when confronted with facts that prove him/her wrong it starts calling the correct/knowledgable party "grasshopper" and "little one" its pretty cute as i picture an older man/woman with a saggy beer belly and cut off tshirt leaning up against a camaro in autozone parking lot offering advice to people that could care less followed by speeding home passing people in small cars going the speed limit to feel better about the lack of good gas mileage you get. but i have an over active "childish"imagination sooo....

Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Hahaha, welcome to the Grasshopper Club, where kids eat free! And since we're all little ones, that means we all eat free! All you need for membership is the ability to think rationally!

So what thread was it that sparked it this time?

Old 09-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Hooo boy, I like where this is headed.

Y'all think this will be enough?

Old 09-11-2012, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
Is that Stan Lee?

Old 09-11-2012, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Hahaha it was an is it worth the money to get coils thread. Most was deleted over night. Basically I read/followed op line of questioning they didn't. Which lead to wetphoto calling names. After I called him out. Its amazing to me you guys are posting in here dsm and vanct. I highly value both your opinions. So I guess the grasshopper club is where I want to be!

Old 09-11-2012, 04:42 PM
I thoroughly enjoy my Fit and met many cool people through here.

I use to share more.. but it either gets ignored, lost or argued.

If we have been relegated to "grasshopper" status by a babbling old fool, that doesn't bug me one bit.

He is one of those folks that make me wish I had more middle fingers.

Lately I have been spending more time on sexier, more mature forums lol

When it comes to finding clients, discussing tech and posting build updates... there tends to be fewer internet know-it-alls and trolls on private forums where there is paid entry and extremely strict moderation.

Not to mention NDA's on some and the requirement of your verified full name as a login cuts down on the chickenshit trolls and one-hit wonder posters.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Is it worth the price? - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums
there's not much left. Ducsingle basically came to wetphotos aid. Proving my immaturity by calling me names and trying to educate me because he misread op point as well. Repremanding me for it also hahaha. Since my points were deleted by big brother its hard to follow. I lost my cool while someone who doesn't know their head from their ass tried to prove he's more knowledge and started hurling insults and random ass facts about new camaros being faster than any previous muscle car in production. And hemis being inferior to chevys to counteract my mentioning I owned a malibu ss in highschool.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
I have an opinion on many things.

Thus I'm here.

I didn't read any of the previous posts though.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
I believe youre part of the grasshopper club too mike. Welcome! We haven't always seen eye to eye. Id like to change that. I respect your opinion as well. Never saw why you have low views of this place untill recently.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member

All is well. Welcome to the cult.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Pointy headed grasshopper crew checking in

That thread got shot full of holes. I wonder why the attention.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Selling my DD.. any opinions?
1989 ranger strange truck 4x4

Old 09-11-2012, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Haha yes! I'm excited to check this forum again!! I'm assuming that there was some reporting going on. I received no notice just a heavy edit. Anyone curious if wetphoto is or has an account for trolling.... it'd make me feel better knowing I'm being goated and there really is not someone this cliche.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I thoroughly enjoy my Fit and met many cool people through here.

I use to share more.. but it either gets ignored, lost or argued.

If we have been relegated to "grasshopper" status by a babbling old fool, that doesn't bug me one bit.

He is one of those folks that make me wish I had more middle fingers.

Lately I have been spending more time on sexier, more mature forums lol

When it comes to finding clients, discussing tech and posting build updates... there tends to be fewer internet know-it-alls and trolls on private forums where there is paid entry and extremely strict moderation.

Not to mention NDA's on some and the requirement of your verified full name as a login cuts down on the chickenshit trolls and one-hit wonder posters.
some of those forums are too strict and not any fun, i noticed not as much likelyhood of getting a reply. I don't find it hard at all to ignore posts i don't like on the free forums. Repeated ones i just add to my block list.

Opinions are great at gathering a consensus for a choice you can't decide. Plus you sometimes gather new ideas or thoughts you did not think of before as well as opinions from those who potentially have experience with it whereas you may not. Nothing wrong with consensus.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joey_fits
Haha yes! I'm excited to check this forum again!! I'm assuming that there was some reporting going on. I received no notice just a heavy edit. Anyone curious if wetphoto is or has an account for trolling.... it'd make me feel better knowing I'm being goated and there really is not someone this cliche.
I reported in an attempt to get him banned.

lololol

Old 09-11-2012, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
Nightscreams I'm not against opinions. I just think some are more helpful than others. Example
That pickup dsm posted if I wanted opinions about mericanizing my car id find that man. If I wanted opinions on healthcare or obamas stay in office I may avoid said pickup owner. I guess I'm prejudicial but I'm aware of it hhahahah

Last edited by joey_fits; 09-11-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by NightScreams
some of those forums are too strict and not any fun, i noticed not as much likelyhood of getting a reply. I don't find it hard at all to ignore posts i don't like on the free forums. Repeated ones i just add to my block list.

Opinions are great at gathering a consensus for a choice you can't decide. Plus you sometimes gather new ideas or thoughts you did not think of before as well as opinions from those who potentially have experience with it whereas you may not. Nothing wrong with consensus.
For what I do, there is little interest in opinions, unless you are authoritative.

I'm looking for experiments, their results and data.

An opinion might get me or someone else killed. I want to keep myself, friends and clients shiny side up with the smoke kept in.

We still have plenty of fun, because we don't just talk and make conjecture.. we also do what we set out to.

Look at all the k-swap threads, all motor wanna-bes and "i want boost lolz" talks that never go anywhere over here.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 09-11-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
My talk goes somewhere

Then I change my mind and undo the completed talk

Old 09-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by joey_fits
Dsm!!!! FU*K YES!!^^^
If only you understood how much went into that angry crying eagle on the tail-gate.

Quick Reply: opinion on opinions