Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   1st Generation (GD 01-08) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/)
-   -   AC clutch not engageing. Owners manual? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/100908-ac-clutch-not-engageing-owners-manual.html)

rerod 06-28-2019 07:25 PM

AC clutch not engageing. Owners manual?

Hey everyone..

My new to me 07's a/c wasn't working when I bought it even though the previous owner said it was, so I gave it a quick shot of refrigerant which worked, but I was surprised at the pressures while adding. Take a look.

I figured I had a restriction somewhere and have read something about a accumulator filter falling apart. That sure would plug it up and I knew I was cooling on borrowed time.

Now my compressor clutch isn't even engaging, so I probably fried it pushing the high head and low pressures I was watching at idle and this is going to be time consuming and expensive.

Does anyone know where I can download a service manual? Or the owners manual to check the clutch fuse?

Thanks!

doctor J 06-29-2019 07:34 PM

Restriction will cause ice /condensate formation after restriction point
Fit a/c system uses receiver-drier after condenser and expansion valve no accumulator
Your gauges look like an air in the system but I am not sure.

rerod 06-30-2019 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by doctor J (Post 1431288)
Restriction will cause ice /condensate formation after restriction point
Fit a/c system uses receiver-drier after condenser and expansion valve no accumulator
Your gauges look like an air in the system but I am not sure.

Thanks..

The compressor kept cycling, which is normal to a extent, but the low side was way to low , and the high side shouldn't see over 300 is why I think its restricted, but I didn't see frost or ice anywhere.. When it worked.

Heck of a time for it to quit!

doctor J 06-30-2019 12:21 PM

With blower at full speed, front doors open, engine at 1500 rpms ambient 75 F and relative humidity 30% the low side should read 21 to 23 PSI high side about 200 PSI

rerod 06-30-2019 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by doctor J (Post 1431318)
With blower at full speed, front doors open, engine at 1500 rpms ambient 75 F and relative humidity 30% the low side should read 21 to 23 PSI high side about 200 PSI

Thanks doctor J. Looks like I over charged it then.

I found a owners manual, but is the compressor clutch #11 in the under the hood fuse box? If it is, it cant be burnt because my condenser fan operates.

How can one person keep the engine idled up to 1500? I couldn't see any linkage moving when my friend pushed the throttle.

doctor J 06-30-2019 07:00 PM

Well, I used a cardboard box (IIRC 8 by 8 by 4 inches) and jammed it between gas pedal and lower edge of instrument panel threaded rod with some hardware can do the same thing (as well as gas pedal depressor tool)
Important: Both engine fans must operate, not just one, in a/c mode! If Fuse 11 blows it kills the "condenser" fan (in front of the engine)
and the clutch; the fan in front of transmission continues to operate. BTW, at 15 rpms the low side pressure is LOWER than on idle , and high side is, respectively, higher.