Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   1st Generation (GD 01-08) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/)
-   -   aquarium in my dashboard (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/32754-aquarium-my-dashboard.html)

ikrash 10-13-2008 06:02 PM

aquarium in my dashboard

so i finally got my car back from pacific honda after 1.5 months of working on putting in a new radiator/condenser/subframe/etc.etc.

anyways...took them a while (still happy considering that alternator i hit in the middle of the 15 freeway at 90 miles an hour took out most of my car) and i drove her home...not only is the rear left toe 1.5 degrees in, and they didnt put in a light bulb into my headlight, but there's also a strange water splashing sound coming from what seems to be my dashboard...

any ideas guys? would be happy if somebody gave me some clue on what this is so i can bitch at them until they fix it

seems like im scuba diving the Fit in the middle of the Mediterranean...ridiculous

thanks

koolkevin1107 10-13-2008 06:27 PM

maybe that splashing is from the gas tank underneath u. Do u have a full to 2/3rds tank of gas? if u do, it's probably that because they are directly underneath the front seats. i know mine does it all the time.

ikrash 10-13-2008 06:38 PM

nah i know that sound as well, its like....water basically

i cant describe it but its like water splashing in my dashboard and when i rev a little the frequency of the splashes increases

Rubba Burna 10-13-2008 06:46 PM

you should definatly get that checked out by a Honda mechancic =|

cph81 10-13-2008 07:03 PM

Check your coolant fluid level. Maybe it's low or you have air trap inside the system. Look for leaks too. You may have to reflush your system and bleed the air out. Sound like Honda did a bad job.

kenchan 10-13-2008 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by cph81 (Post 455714)
Check your coolant fluid level. Maybe it's low or you have air trap inside the system. Look for leaks too. You may have to reflush your system and bleed the air out. Sound like Honda did a bad job.

+1 most definitely a low coolant noise.

Burbio 10-13-2008 07:34 PM

definitely the coolant. i lost some coolant when i installed my intake, and it's made that noise everytime i start it. it does go away after a minute or two, tho. you could bleed the system on your own to remove the air bubbles which cause that noise, or take it to honda again and have them do it. but you probably wont be satisfied unless you do it yourself.

Doug

turbosohcabortion 10-13-2008 07:37 PM

there is a bulletin on this i work at honda the bulletin number is

ats080806

ikrash 10-14-2008 02:07 AM

thanks a bunch guys..i appreciate it...its gonna be too much for me to bleed it for now, but the most important thing is that it hopefully doesnt cause any problems (don't see how it would)

sosoqtpinoy 10-14-2008 02:36 AM

happaned to me just refilled and it was no more...

Rob22315 10-14-2008 05:39 AM

If it's not the coolant then it could be water trapped around the AC condensor - there's a drain beneath the condensor that clogs sometimes. It could also be a drain underneath the fresh air intake. If either of those drains clogs, water will collect and slosh around.

I'd check the coolant first.

kenchan 10-14-2008 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ikrash (Post 456357)
thanks a bunch guys..i appreciate it...its gonna be too much for me to bleed it for now, but the most important thing is that it hopefully doesnt cause any problems (don't see how it would)

just keep an eye open for the water temp warning light (I suppose it's
going to be a red temp light in the cluster vs the blue temp light you
see at cold start).

it's not hard to bleed the air out though. when your car is cold just
fill the radiator with Honda's pre-mix coolant until it fills to the bottom
of the neck and also fill your reservoir (the white container under the
radiator cap) to MAX. you'll need an extended funnel for it).

fire up the engine, keeping an eye on the water temp lamp until
it turns off, race it to 3k rpm in Park or Neutral 5-10 few times
and shut down.

let it cool for 25-30min (or use a fan to cool faster), open up the
radiator cap with a towel around the cap to make sure no hot vapors
scald your hand, and refill as necessary.

might need to do it a few times but that's it. if you were draining
the coolant and refilling there is a air release valve somewhere on
the heater hose (i dont have a service manual so not sure where it is)
and you would fill it until coolant pours out of that valve. even so,
some cars need to be bled a few times using the procedure above.

hope it works out for you. :)

girkabob 10-28-2008 08:33 PM

Aw, I was really hoping you were wanting to pimp your ride with an aquarium. :cool:

Fit4Pits 10-29-2008 11:18 AM

repairing your car after a major accident is a process. Don't be pissed if you have to take it back several times. Be patient!

They don't know your car as well as you do. They have to test drive so many different makes and models. They can drive it on short test runs, but you as the daily driver are really going to be the one to pick up on things that are wrong. A good repair shop knows this and will be glad to have you bring your car back as many times as it takes to get it *just* right. Don't cop an attitude with them, but don't settle either!

Shaggs2Dope 11-14-2008 02:54 AM

its the air bubbles working out of the cooling system. you always should burp/refill coolant after idle and short drive after repairs. very common