Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   1st Generation (GD 01-08) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/)
-   -   R.i.p. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/33362-r-i-p.html)

stickyricebandit 10-23-2008 01:56 PM

R.i.p.

4 Attachment(s)
RIP to my heart when I saw this today as I was about to get in to take off from school.

Attachment 73980
Attachment 73981
Attachment 73982
Attachment 73983

The part that pisses me off the most was where I was parked. I parked way out of the way and on the very end parkingspot. Usually this spot has grass on the right side and an extra 2 feet on the left. I make sure that I park all the way right, closes to the grass I could get. So that idiots wont door ding me or worse hitting me.

I walked up to my car and immediately notice this mark and I stand there dumbfounded for about 10 minutes before I get campus police. I probably won't file an insurance report though might be cost effective to replace the bumper itself. But I want to give a big shout out to the idiot that did this, thank you asshole for ruining my day and my car that I just got in May. :mad:

That is all, I just needed to vent. If you guys have a silver bumper you don't need let me know!

DrKelso 10-23-2008 01:58 PM

Sorry to hear about that. People are so inconsiderate for other peoples' property.

pics don't work btw, but I feel you. I hate people sometimes

stickyricebandit 10-23-2008 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by DrKelso (Post 469006)
Sorry to hear about that. People are so inconsiderate for other peoples' property.

pics don't work btw, but I feel you. I hate people sometimes

oh noes, maybe i'll put it on photobucket. I have it on picasa web albums right now.

tougerunner86 10-23-2008 02:46 PM

Dude F that! That sucks so bad. I try my absolute hardest to park waaay the hell away from all the assholes in the parking lot at my college and it never fails, everytime I effin walk out there, some Asshole is parked like 3 cm from my car, when there are 50 million spots either side of my car!!! I've got scratches and shit all over it now because of that. People just have no respect.

stickyricebandit 10-23-2008 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by tougerunner86 (Post 469043)
Dude F that! That sucks so bad. I try my absolute hardest to park waaay the hell away from all the assholes in the parking lot at my college and it never fails, everytime I effin walk out there, some Asshole is parked like 3 cm from my car, when there are 50 million spots either side of my car!!! I've got scratches and shit all over it now because of that. People just have no respect.

I hear you dude! Every once in a while I see this dually truck parked right beside me, actually I think it's ever other day. I have a feeling its him/her I will check their bumper for scratches. People are assholes!!

bobbied 10-23-2008 03:21 PM

Ask the campus police if they cameras in that lot, they might just have it on video.

vince 10-23-2008 06:17 PM

sucks man. i dont get how people can still hit your car when you purposely park far away to avoid shit.

rvall004 10-23-2008 06:37 PM

people love to hate on our cars..f$$$ing HATERS:rotfl:

Cat 10-23-2008 07:18 PM

Sorry to hear about your car. People can be so crappy! Our parking garage at work is undergoing repairs. I found a great spot to park on the 4th floor between a classic old Volvo and a nice Jetta. However some lady with a Jeep has been stealing my spot. I park on the roof when she takes my spot and now so does everyone else because of the construction. I hate it because no one cares if they hit you or not. I am getting up at 4:30 AM tomorrow just so I can get the good spot in the garage - OK say it - I know you want to - that chick is a real Fit Freak!!:rotfl:

Cat :x

Raaaaaaaaaay. 10-23-2008 07:26 PM

Just leave it. It doesnt look bad at all. At least the bumper didnt dimple.
Ill fix it, get me some spray paint.

:p

junktea1 10-23-2008 07:28 PM

you can have my SSM bumper, but someone scratched mine already. just cover it with a large 'options' sticker

*just got a hit & run in k-town last night! f@ck!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...h_IMG_0470.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...h_IMG_0471.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...h_IMG_0472.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...h_IMG_0469.jpg

pissed as h3ll! so here are my options:

1. repaint
2. replace w/+ings rear bumper
3. replace w/jdm 1.5 RS bumpter
4. repaint & sell this car for a 240sx or rsx type-s

*this honda fit has been trouble since i got it & putting after market parts on it just makes it worse. bad luck just happens! sh!et

JDMxGE8 10-23-2008 07:31 PM

Sucks... Sorry man.

stickyricebandit 10-23-2008 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by bobbied (Post 469089)
Ask the campus police if they cameras in that lot, they might just have it on video.

unfortunately we don't have one :(

sucks man. i dont get how people can still hit your car when you purposely park far away to avoid shit.
I don't know either, i guess some people are just plain idiots or like rvall said, they're just hating :cool:

Sorry to hear about your car. People can be so crappy! Our parking garage at work is undergoing repairs. I found a great spot to park on the 4th floor between a classic old Volvo and a nice Jetta. However some lady with a Jeep has been stealing my spot. I park on the roof when she takes my spot and now so does everyone else because of the construction. I hate it because no one cares if they hit you or not. I am getting up at 4:30 AM tomorrow just so I can get the good spot in the garage - OK say it - I know you want to - that chick is a real Fit Freak!!:rotfl:

Cat :x
lol i too am a fit freak, my gf makes fun of me because when we goto the store a always try to find the spot with the least cars in it, but you know what, no matter how far you park away from the store, when you come back theres always a car park beside you .. i don't know why!

Just leave it. It doesnt look bad at all. At least the bumper didnt dimple.
Ill fix it, get me some spray paint.
LoL, I was also relieved that it didn't dimple or hit my rear quarter. I might take it to a shop and see what the estimate would be.

you can have my SSM bumper, but someone scratched mine already. just cover it with a large 'options' sticker
Hey if you're serious I'll buy if off of you :wavey:

Sucks... Sorry man.
Thanks! It's just that this is the first car I bought by myself and I pay insurance and everything on it. To see it raped like this makes me sad :(.

Zangoose GD3 Blue 10-23-2008 09:36 PM

damn bro... same story i remember 4 days i had my car some moron from school hit my passenger side door which i had to pay 450$

Pakapak 10-24-2008 03:18 AM

Sorry to hear about the scratch.
I only recently purchased my fit a week ago and parked it at a car park space.
The next day i had a ding on the driver door not 1 but 2, and today there appears to be another larger ding on the same door... :( seriously feeling annoyed...

Nabisco 10-24-2008 07:19 AM

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. You aren't the only one though.
This is my first "ding free" car with a healthy paint.
I sometimes end up parking further out just to get a spot in the corner or plenty of space on both sides.

E = Mc2 10-24-2008 08:03 AM

I guess we're twins, or something...

I bought my Fit on May 21st and have tried my best to keep it clean and pristine. Some jackass door dinged it yesterday either at the county clerks' office where I went to vote (I'll be in Detroit on election day) or at Lowes, where I parked way out in the boonies. :mad:

Taking it to the insurance company isn't an option, since the damage is less than the deductible. I'm gonna run it by the local bang-n-spray place and see how much they want for the job. If it's more than $150, the wife has already given me permission to buy the -WIDE- body side mouldings from Zeta. And, since the shipping is cheaper if I buy it, too, I can go ahead and get the dead pedal. :cool:

stickyricebandit 10-24-2008 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue (Post 469656)
damn bro... same story i remember 4 days i had my car some moron from school hit my passenger side door which i had to pay 450$

dude 4 days! omg I'd bed uber pissed. thats just terrible!

Sorry to hear about the scratch.
I only recently purchased my fit a week ago and parked it at a car park space.
The next day i had a ding on the driver door not 1 but 2, and today there appears to be another larger ding on the same door... :( seriously feeling annoyed...
it really does eat you up inside doesnt it, i'm sorry about the door ding. but i know how you feel.

I guess we're twins, or something...

I bought my Fit on May 21st and have tried my best to keep it clean and pristine. Some jackass door dinged it yesterday either at the county clerks' office where I went to vote (I'll be in Detroit on election day) or at Lowes, where I parked way out in the boonies. :mad:

Taking it to the insurance company isn't an option, since the damage is less than the deductible. I'm gonna run it by the local bang-n-spray place and see how much they want for the job. If it's more than $150, the wife has already given me permission to buy the -WIDE- body side mouldings from Zeta. And, since the shipping is cheaper if I buy it, too, I can go ahead and get the dead pedal. :cool:
Dude no way, I got mine on the 23rd of may. Ohhh the wide body looks awesome man, definitely get it. I still have to pick up the dead pedal some day. Post some pics if you get the side mouldings. :wavey:

Tofuman 10-24-2008 11:18 AM

i park in a garage at home, and at work i park in a parking structure in a spot that has no other parking spaces next to it. so far i'm ding free since i got the car in january.
my fiance's fit has a ding on the fender and a couple of chips in the rear bumper. we used to live in a bad area where people didn't care about their cars. maybe after the wedding i'll have the bumper painted and have the ding fixed.

TheFitKing 10-24-2008 11:37 AM

Man that sucks. My Civic, (yes, no Fit yet...) has been beat to death. Of course, 600 you can't expect to much else. I can agree that when I get the Fit, I have always considered double parking when ever possible to keep the idiots from hitting the sides but that still doesn't help when they can't park...