Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   1st Generation (GD 01-08) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/)
-   -   Weird sounds from engine? Common problem? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/34764-weird-sounds-engine-common-problem.html)

honda_david 11-20-2008 05:56 PM

Weird sounds from engine? Common problem?

I'm not sure if it's a common problem or a problem at all. For some reason, I hear these "boiling" sounds or "splashing" sounds of some type of liquid from my engine or where ever. I hear them everytime when I turn on my engine.
I'm not sure if it's sounds coming from any of the tanks or what. I can hear it from my driver's side though.
I used to work at a Honda dealership here in Houston, and I only heard the same sounds from a base Fit that came in after Hurricane Ike. The owner of the Fit went through high floods and got water in the car, but the splashing sounds within the engine were NOT the problem...just the soaked carpet.

I was just wondering if this is a common problem, and if so, how did you treat it?

trancedsailor 11-20-2008 05:59 PM

perhaps the gastank under the seat? I hear fuel sloshing around sometimes when I'm coming to a stop quicker than I'd like to.

paulian06 11-21-2008 12:49 PM

It is the gas tank, for some reason, i hear it more when i have a half a tank than anything else, and if i stop really hard like trancedsailor said, i hear it more, its just a nuisance sound, but every car has its pros and cons, and the pros outweigh OVER the cons easily in my opinion :)

shazaam 11-21-2008 01:43 PM

gas and I'm assuming coolant starting to flow again.

nodrogkam 11-21-2008 02:14 PM

I haven't heard that sound in my car when i start it up. The gas sloshing other's noted i also notice, but that's not even your issue.

Take it into the dealer if it's that noticible.

Interstate526 11-21-2008 03:59 PM

i've read that some people hear waterlike sounds if their coolant is low, so you may want to check that. It could just be the gas tank too.

07fitsport 11-21-2008 04:43 PM

yeah gas or coolant sound

nodrogkam 11-21-2008 06:43 PM

When i checked under the hoods of a lot of brand new Fit's i noticed coolant levels were 50% or less full. And when i got mine and checked under the hood a week later mine was at the Low level. Ever since filling it back up to Full the level has not dropped down.

honda_david 11-21-2008 06:52 PM

cool, thanks for the replies. i did actually check my coolant along with the other basic things i check every week or 2, and it seems to be full. i guess its just the fuel. the same exact description everyone is saying is what i hear.

ikrash 11-21-2008 08:46 PM

i've had the same thing on my car

BUT chances are it's probably your gas in your gas tank...unless you've had your AC or radiator serviced

unless they bled the radiator fluid there are little bubbles that get stuck somewhere and they make sloshing sounds

thats the best i can do...hope it somewhat helped
igor

madhatch 11-21-2008 09:35 PM

check radiator.. common problem (not with fits) is air in the cooling system,, usually in the heater core. if its kinda gurgling it could be low.
if not.. i dunno
good luck

bradthreee 12-03-2008 08:55 PM

I have the same problem. Kinda sounds like water being pushed through a pipe or something. Berry strange:p