Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   1st Generation (GD 01-08) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/)
-   -   New to the Forum, New Owner of a 2008 Storm Silver HOLLA!!! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/35856-new-forum-new-owner-2008-storm-silver-holla.html)

ababyfit 12-15-2008 05:54 PM

New to the Forum, New Owner of a 2008 Storm Silver HOLLA!!!

I just wanted to say hello!!! I am new to this forum and just bought my 2008 Storm Silver sport fit and LOVE IT already...... hopefully my pay check will keep up with my mods hahaha. I can't wait to get started!!!! It is the best purchase ever! I scored with it only having 6500 miles on it HOLLA! Look forward to getting to know my fellow Fitters on here and sharing this awesome experience. A little about me I am in the Air Force as an intelligence troop, stationed down at Hurlburt field. My husband owns a kick ass EP yeahhhh and has taught me everything I know about cars. I have two rad Boxer dogs and love to surf and kayak and wakeboard and ride my motorcycle a matching silver 2006 CBR 600RR.

Super Mario 12-15-2008 06:13 PM

Welcome to the site! You're gonna love your car. +Rep you for being a girl that rides a bike, and a 600RR nonetheless. I can barely tip-toe on the RR's, too tall for me :)

Im|Inside|Fit 12-15-2008 06:56 PM

WOOT WOOT!!! welcome to FitFreak =) the names Dennis youre in the Air Force? nice my two buddies jsut went in the air force.. one is station in mississippi owns a 350Z and the other in ITALY! that buster owns a R32 GRR!!! =P keep me posted with the pictures and all the mods =P good luck with your Fit ive owned my for a year and a half and im still soo in LOVE (yes LOVE) with it! =)

oh and youre from florida?! man theres alot of FitFreaks out there go and find them =) I_AM_RAY is one of them that stands out so look for him =P very easy to find him hes the number one/top poster on this forum just go to home page and hes right there on the left corner =P

NBPturtle 12-15-2008 07:12 PM

Welcome! I just got out of the Air Force...Also in the intel field haha . Whats your AFSC?

Cat 12-15-2008 07:13 PM

Welcome to the Fit family and glad you are loving your cars. Yup! You own a Fit there are going to be mods - mods just sort of happen - have a blast with your new ride.

Cat :x

ababyfit 12-18-2008 09:45 AM

thanks for showing the love guys. I never noticed all of the fits until i wanted one, i just scored my all weather mats and they are amazing, and at dealer cost.

ababyfit 12-18-2008 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Super Mario (Post 520452)
Welcome to the site! You're gonna love your car. +Rep you for being a girl that rides a bike, and a 600RR nonetheless. I can barely tip-toe on the RR's, too tall for me :)

I had the exact same problem, I am only 5'2" tall and i had to lower it 3 inches. The thing that sucks is i bottom out every once in a while. BUT it is worth it I LOVE riding especially when coming home from work it clears your mind

GD3-Fit 12-18-2008 10:12 AM

welcome to ff.net

ababyfit 12-18-2008 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by GD3-Fit (Post 522946)
welcome to ff.net

thank you, thank you!!!

GD3-Fit 12-18-2008 12:56 PM

how do you like the air force?

i just recently got out from the navy

i've always heard how easy it is lol

ababyfit 12-18-2008 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by GD3-Fit (Post 523034)
how do you like the air force?

i just recently got out from the navy

i've always heard how easy it is lol

My father and gradfather were in thay navy and yes it is easier but my jobe requires 12 hour shifts with a panama schedule and I don't get holidays off unless it just magically falls on my off day so it just depends on what job you do to be honey but i do love the miltiary

GD3-Fit 12-18-2008 02:12 PM

yeah that's one thing i didn't like either whether it was the work schedule or doing watch rotations but it's always ensured you're taken care of

i still wish i was still in with all the job security issues going on
i'm lucky to have family working in the same company

so do you plan on doing your 20?

ababyfit 12-18-2008 02:18 PM

because of the economy is the reason my husband decided to stay in himself. I will do 20, but hopefully it will be as an officer; i am going to apply for OTS this summer and cross my fingers get he chance to retire as a captain!

ababyfit 12-18-2008 02:19 PM

what do you mean family work in the same company?

GD3-Fit 12-18-2008 02:25 PM

oh snap if you can get into it i give you so many props being an officer it definitely deserves a lot of respect and IMO they get the most out of the military and have the most fun.

i knew i wasn't planning on staying in long (wish i would've re-considered that lol) so i never gave in to putting in a package for OCS.

oh and i have family that have been working at this corporation for a long time so when i was ready to get out they were able to pull some strings to get me a job and keep me employed. ^.^

JDMxGE8 12-18-2008 03:06 PM

Welcome aboard!

ababyfit 12-18-2008 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by jdmxge8 (Post 523140)
welcome aboard!

thank you!!!!

ababyfit 12-18-2008 03:47 PM

The officers do get the most fun and the best of the military BUT I don't feel like they have the bond of the enlisted, i just finished leadership school and enlisted have a bond of taking care of each other that I love. See well that is nice i don't have anything else to fall back on except for being a house wife and that doesn't make nearly enough to help fund dirt bikes, motorcycles, surfing, snowboarding, car moding, snorkeling, MMA membership and all the tens of other things we love to do so the only choice is to make mroe money hahaha But thanks for the encouragment!

Cna i ask what do you do at the company?

GD3-Fit 12-18-2008 04:08 PM

i'm a twidget haha

software engineer :D

ababyfit 12-18-2008 04:26 PM

word!!! nice family business