Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   1st Generation (GD 01-08) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/)
-   -   Thoughts on improvements to 2008 fit (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/36144-thoughts-improvements-2008-fit.html)

mozarwasagenius 12-22-2008 10:14 AM

Thoughts on improvements to 2008 fit

I really love the car, but here are things I would think would improve it:

1. variable intermittent wipers in front
  2. intermittent wipers in back
  3. a window lock that doesn't lock out the driver's control
  4. a dead pedal
  5. another light in the truck with an on/off switch
  6. a gas tank control inside the car
  7. in D mode (Sport automatic), the gear listed in green
  8. the front body molding a little higher to prevent scapes
Again, I'm not complaining, I really do like the car!

Syco54645 12-22-2008 01:46 PM

you can buy a dead pedal for it. i will get one soon i think.

NBPturtle 12-22-2008 01:47 PM

Whats a gas tank control?

grtpumpkin 12-22-2008 04:21 PM

It does have intermittent wipers in the back, or did you mean variable? Adding a trunk light isn't rocket science, you can even do it as an LED. Get a Zeta dead pedal, mine was in the mail before I even bought the car! Remote fuel door releases are totally unnecassary, is it that hard to reach under the flap and lift your finger? I totally agree with the window lock though, I have them locked out so that my daughter can't wind hers down when its like -20 degrees outside and it drives my wife NUTS that she can't roll her window down.

NBPturtle 12-22-2008 04:34 PM

Ahhh, I gotcha on the gas tank thing now.

Originally Posted by grtpumpkin (Post 526034)
I have them locked out so that my daughter can't wind hers down when its like -20 degrees outside and it drives my wife NUTS that she can't roll her window down.

Why would the wife want the window down a -20 :p

grtpumpkin 12-22-2008 04:46 PM

Thats an excellent question, I'll have to ask her that next time she tries to put the window down when its that cold. My daughter likes to throw things out the window BTW, usually her shoes, I think mental illness is an inherited trait in the female of our species LOL.

MNfit 12-22-2008 04:49 PM

It would be nice if there where more settings for the wipers, some times the first setting is to slow and the next setting is to fast. I dint know the rear wiper was intermittent, I thought it was only on or off.

NBPturtle 12-22-2008 04:49 PM

Meh, shoes are overrated.

Juliane 12-23-2008 12:14 PM

I keep reaching for the inside lever for the hatch, but there is none. Not strictly necessary, just my habit after years of driving other cars.

grtpumpkin 12-23-2008 06:34 PM

^^You can reach the inside of the hatch? You must be very ummmm flexable:p I would like to see a more useful rear seat cupholder, the door pockets won't safely contain a large Macdonalds cup. Oh and an illuminated ignition key hole. Some .50 cal M2s that deploy from the hood when someone cuts me off also...:D

Syco54645 12-23-2008 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by MNfit (Post 526070)
It would be nice if there where more settings for the wipers, some times the first setting is to slow and the next setting is to fast. I dint know the rear wiper was intermittent, I thought it was only on or off.

It isnt afaik. I have had a fit for almost two 1.5 years now.

Interstate526 12-23-2008 08:23 PM

i think i read somewhere that the rear wiper speeds up when you're in reverse. that may only be for the 09s though.

Syco54645 12-23-2008 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Interstate526 (Post 527109)
i think i read somewhere that the rear wiper speeds up when you're in reverse. that may only be for the 09s though.

That is dumb. I find the speed that it goes is too fast as it is.

Juliane 12-23-2008 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by grtpumpkin (Post 527040)
^^You can reach the inside of the hatch? You must be very ummmm flexable:p I would like to see a more useful rear seat cupholder, the door pockets won't safely contain a large Macdonalds cup. Oh and an illuminated ignition key hole. Some .50 cal M2s that deploy from the hood when someone cuts me off also...:D

I think collegehillshonda sells those 50 cals.... ha ha. If not, you can get tips from watching any old 007 movie.

No, you know I meant the hatch lever that would be right next to the driver's seat, where the gas cap lever would be, if there was one.

E = Mc2 12-24-2008 02:31 AM

The window lock is one of my beefs. With the button pressed, I should still be able to control all of the windows, not just mine.

What I'd like to be able to do is open the door from the inside when it's locked. In my other cars (read: Ford), you can do that. My wife is going oh so slowly nuts because there's no door lock control on the passenger side front door and she has to wait for me to hit the lock button before she can get out (she can't reach the knob).

polaski 12-24-2008 09:34 AM

I would change 5 things:

All wheel drive
R18 engine
6 speed manual
load-leveling headlights
easier to reach dash brightness knob

Past that, I'm good.

nodrogkam 12-24-2008 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by E = Mc2 (Post 527353)
The window lock is one of my beefs. With the button pressed, I should still be able to control all of the windows, not just mine.

What I'd like to be able to do is open the door from the inside when it's locked. In my other cars (read: Ford), you can do that. My wife is going oh so slowly nuts because there's no door lock control on the passenger side front door and she has to wait for me to hit the lock button before she can get out (she can't reach the knob).

That's intresting. None of my family's cars or my past cars have ever been able to do that...that list mainly includes, Honda, Toyota, and Mercury of all different designs and years.

Although come to think of it...maybe our 89 volvo 740 was the exception, but i was pretty young when we got rid of that car so my memory could not be very accurate.

J_L 12-24-2008 02:25 PM

The variable intermittent wiper is at the top of my list, that and more QC on the damn dash rattles...

Juliane 12-24-2008 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by E = Mc2 (Post 527353)

Either reach across and pull the handle for your wife...Or get out, walk around the car, and open her door for her (very gallant and will score you points). You can push the button to unlock her door, you know.

grtpumpkin 12-24-2008 06:14 PM

To the OP and all the others I confused earlier, the rear wiper is not intermittent. I went out into the garage and looked at the switch and said "Do-oh"! Juliane, would the 50s be listed under exterior accesories? If only... I agree an inside release would be nice, especially in the winter when the back of the car looks like the bottom of a garbage dumpster.