Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   1st Generation (GD 01-08) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/)
-   -   headlight wiring colors (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/53937-headlight-wiring-colors.html)

stegmania 03-16-2010 10:56 PM

headlight wiring colors

help in the middle of installing hid and realized i don't know what my healight pos neg and high are, 2007 fit. i have red/blue red/red and red white

Will I Am fit. 03-16-2010 11:51 PM

If you are facing on to the stock headlight socket the top/horizontal prong is negative on the right is low beam and on the left is high beam.

stegmania 03-25-2010 02:06 PM

thanks for the help

GinoLicious 03-07-2015 07:42 PM

I have different colours then you. I'm trying to wire my fog lights directly into my head light only to work at night. Somehow I managed to wire my fog lights into my daytime running, high beam, and night lights. Basically my fog lights never turn off.

I have red/blue, red/yellow and red/white.

derykisonder 03-07-2015 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by GinoLicious (Post 1295885)
I have different colours then you. I'm trying to wire my fog lights directly into my head light only to work at night. Somehow I managed to wire my fog lights into my daytime running, high beam, and night lights. Basically my fog lights never turn off.

I have red/blue, red/yellow and red/white.

Last time I checked GD3 doesn't have daylight running

GinoLicious 03-07-2015 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by derykisonder (Post 1295895)

That's odd. Cause mine does.

DWils 03-07-2015 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by derykisonder (Post 1295895)

You're right. Kinda. My 2007 base doesn't, but this guy in Canada I know who has the exact same year/trim does have DRL. It's a USA vs everywhere else thing from what I gather. I recently modified my front turn signals from single-filament to dual-filament switchback LEDs and wired them to a fuse that is always on when the ignition is on, so I guess I have DRLs now too, just not in the conventional way most people think.

GinoLicious 03-07-2015 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by DWils (Post 1295919)
You're right. Kinda. My 2007 base doesn't, but this guy in Canada I know who has the exact same year/trim does have DRL. It's a USA vs everywhere else thing from what I gather. I recently modified my front turn signals from single-filament to dual-filament switchback LEDs and wired them to a fuse that is always on when the ignition is on, so I guess I have DRLs now too, just not in the conventional way most people think.

Yeah most cars in Canada have them now.

I did something wrong on my wiring and therefore need to figure out which is positive. I wired my stuff weird. Fog lights are on all the time, day time, low beam, and high beam. I also noticed that when I turn the low beam on, the high beam dash light is on but faint. The high beams aren't on. When I turn on high beams, the dash light gets brighter. I'm thinking I hooked up a wrong positive. I will take pics and figure out which wire is which and will post for you guys. I will also give a write up on wiring as I know a lot of people bought the aftermarket fog lights and want to wire them to their head lights. Just makes sense you know. Low beams on, so are the fog lights automatically.

I did the work today in -3 weather outside in a parking spot. Be a couple weeks till I do it properly. Gonna have to take off the bumper and head lights. Play with some wires and figure out which combo works. Only want low beams and want the damn high beams dash light off. Thinking I hooked my wires up to both the low and high beams haha. Trial and error. Next person who does this won't have the issues I had. I'll make sure of that.

DWils 03-08-2015 09:18 AM

For everyone having wiring difficulties, do you have a test light that you can use to figure out which is positive and which is negative? I have an old LED light that I use to jam wires into connectors until I get the test light to light up (or not if I'm going for the opposite effect).

GinoLicious 03-08-2015 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by DWils (Post 1295964)
For everyone having wiring difficulties, do you have a test light that you can use to figure out which is positive and which is negative? I have an old LED light that I use to jam wires into connectors until I get the test light to light up (or not if I'm going for the opposite effect).

Nah. I dont have a test light sadly. I think I may just try wiring them up a different way. Should be nice today. It's just a pain in the cold cause the bumper and headlight have to come off right. I'll provide pictures of the 3 wires, which is positive and etc. then ill be taking pictures for the fog light wiring to head lights. Only 2 wires. Pretty basic. Just need to figure out which wires the fog light wires go into on the head light ahaha.

New edit;

Fog lights work and I figured out which wire is which. On the Canadian Fit they have day time running lights. The colour of the wires are as follows:

Red/Blue - this is the ground.
Red/yellow - this is high beam.
Red/white - this is low beam.