1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by score04w
Cleaned the wheels, as i do everyday. White is a horrible color to try and keep clean.
Oh yes it is. I feel your pain!

With aftermarket brake pads, it gets even worse. My Tanabe pads are much dustier than the OEM Honda/Nissin ones, and so my white wheels are now a bigger headache to clean.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
im stock and there is still a ton of brake dust, or at least its more noticeable now.

Wink mirror came off today too.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
I played around with the air shocks I recently installed. It looks like 25 to 30 PSI is all the pressure needed to firm up the rear end to counter under steer.... The front tires are hooking up very well, no more embarrassing wheel spin when pulling out into moving traffic.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by alvarospatchez
I washed my Fit and put the stock muffler back on. I'm taking a 800 mile trip with my Fit in 2 weeks and I dont like the drone on that long of a drive. For some reason my passenger front wheel had a ton of brake dust.
have you done the breaks recently?

Old 04-21-2010, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
dropped the fit off at the body shop for it's 5 day fix and makeover...

Old 04-21-2010, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
replaced coolant line, cleaned my wheels. again.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Put it up for sale.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Installed my new to me 3 Drive throttle controller. Boy do I wish I had got one of these sooner! It makes all the other mods come to life so to speak. It may not make more power but it sure as hell makes the Fit feel faster. And I don't think I could deal with SP7 in trafic, just too sensitive, SP6 suits me just fine. And I will probably get better gas mileage because the extra sensitive throttle allows me to cruise at lower speeds in higher gears. Good stuff!

Old 04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
I took a drive to Revere last night to try and pick up another set of rims and tires, turned out he was a ricer who wrecked his Civic, and really messed-up a set of Sport rims. More details in the New England Community board.

Ninja edit. Did not buy said rims.

Last edited by HotIron; 04-23-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Changed oil went Synthetic!
i got some goodies in the mail and installed them: All weather floor mats, Cargo Cover, and A-spec cold air intake!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:16 PM
well with the recent additions of red H emblems and yellow fog lights i decided the windows were next to be changed. I got them tinted yesterday. Up next will be mugen window visors and the red dotted fit emblem. I also put my white buddy club wheels up for sale locally and got an offer for some c10s.. probably going to pass on rotas though.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by meyerman
well with the recent additions of red H emblems and yellow fog lights i decided the windows were next to be changed. I got them tinted yesterday. Up next will be mugen window visors and the red dotted fit emblem. I also put my white buddy club wheels up for sale locally and got an offer for some c10s.. probably going to pass on rotas though.
What style buddyclubs? Any chance to ship to florida?

Old 04-24-2010, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
I looked at my tires, said to myself, "Hey, my wheels dont look shiny..;_;" so I went and put on some tire shine. With only the tires being shiny, I decided after almost a yr of not cleaning my fit, I went ahead and gave it the white glove treatment.

Two washes with turtle wax, claybar the entire surface of the car with mother's claybar and surface detailer, and then a coat of wax. It looks absolutely spectacular, and the fact you can run your hand around the body of the car and it feeling smooth is the most amazing feeling...apart from driving it of course =)

Old 04-24-2010, 04:31 PM
It has been proven that clean Fits get better gas mileage! That and each coat of wax adds 3 WHP LOL

Old 04-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Man, idk how I missed this thread. Well, since I am a few days late from the actual event...I'll still post it. My J's lip managed to "fly" off the front of my GD.

Washed it

Gassed it

Made yet ANOTHER call to check the status of my wheels

Dediced to to a roof wrap in morning wood

Old 04-24-2010, 05:09 PM
PS...your fit is SICK! I REALLY wish I would of got blue vs NHBP

Originally Posted by shaun954
Last weekend

Added front end JDM emblem! Saturday

Today shift boot mod!

Old 04-26-2010, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
This weekend, gas, wash, and finally vacuumed the pine needles out of it (we can transport our Christmas trees comfortably inside).

Today, went to a local high-end used car dealer recommended by a friend to have my right front fender and bumper cover looked at to get it repaired and repainted. Back in February a baby boomer in a BMW 3 series cut from his lane into mine at a 45 degree angle to make a u-turn without looking. I slammed on the brakes. The damage is minor, and could've been a lot worse. Now it's time to finally get it fixed, and back to looking good.

If this repair goes well, I'll let everyone know where.

Oh, and I really want those white Mugen XJ's. Mmmmmmmmm

Old 04-26-2010, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
took off the stickers, lost 5hp.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by score04w
took off the stickers, lost 5hp.
Don't do that! It messes up the hp everytime! LOL!

Cat :x

Old 04-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I took the Fit in for its yearly inspection - thank you state of WV! Also since I have over 16,000 miles they are doing the 15,000 mile check up. Honda just called to ask if I wanted the cabin filter replaced - told them yes - will have to see how much they cost and do it myself the next time. Ordered another hood liner and clips x2 to repalce the liner on the OEM hood and put one on the CF hood. Also ordered the rubber piece because the guys tore it up trying to get the clips out! Ouch! Darn Honda Fit clips! Will get both hoods fixed up and then it will make swaping them out much easier in the winter and fall.

Cat :x

PS Honda just called - the guys that did my new rims - put too much air in my tires - that is why I was having some steering issues! Thanks! Then since they had the car even though I've never received my recall notice - they fixed the power switch - without me asking plus they checked the balance on the tires since the guys who put them on are not uses to working on a Honda - they were out of balance- crap! I thought it was just me but told them the car was handling differently! Lester Raines Honda - they go above and beyond!!!!

Last edited by Cat; 04-26-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?