Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   1st Generation (GD 01-08) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/)
-   -   perfornance chip/module (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/55908-perfornance-chip-module.html)

nocash 05-25-2010 02:27 PM

perfornance chip/module

ive got an 07 fit sport. i was looking on ebay for performance parts and i came across a chip by topspeed that advertised 75 hp along with all sorts of benifits. i would like to know more about altering the cars computer to acheive more power, fuel economy, performance...

what should i use? whats out there? anything you could tell me would be awsome

chrisakasparky 05-25-2010 02:43 PM

its garbage.
check out the tuning subforum.

grtpumpkin 05-25-2010 09:04 PM

When it comes to tuning there is no free lunch. Those E-bay chips are all worthless, they do very little if anything. Look through the tuning forum for pointers on where to start with modding your 07. Oh and welcome to the boards!

Perrenoud Fit 05-25-2010 09:12 PM

2 good 2 B true fairytales...

If it were the real deal we'd all have 1 maybe 2 LOL
I would love 184 HP L15A engine!! :D:D
Welcome to FF forum nocash

If I were starting all over the first thing I'd buy is a ETC electronic throttle controller from twptrade.com
opens the throttle faster so your car is quicker!

chrisakasparky 05-26-2010 12:17 AM

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merc...ontroller.html

we get a member price for the ETC throttle controller, but im not sure what it is. as far as electronic gadgets go, i dont anyone with one has much bad to say about it! i know i want one.

einstein77 05-26-2010 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by chrisakasparky (Post 861689)
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merc...ontroller.html

we get a member price for the ETC throttle controller, but im not sure what it is. as far as electronic gadgets go, i dont anyone with one has much bad to say about it! i know i want one.

The thing only alters the throttle response so that you can have the throttle move faster or slower to a particular setting by giving the same effort to the floor accelerator. Useful if you're a racer. I can't see any value if you use it as a standard house car.

crash001 05-26-2010 11:02 AM

It is a diode and resister. Costs about a buck fifter to make with the board it trips your computer to think it's cold outside it is a complete waist of money I wish it worked tho lol if u want that much gain be ready to get a turbo

einstein77 05-26-2010 01:53 PM

The truth is, you can't get something for nothing. Increase fuel flow, air flow, increase combustion pressure, reduce back pressure, change internal engine parts... you may get more HP. These chips are garbage.

Perrenoud Fit 05-26-2010 06:54 PM

Electronic Throttle Contrler

Well I have to disaree here the ETC I have is very responsive (GD3) and passing is wwway faster so the $1.50 and a waist is not so. I have not taken it apart but the tricking the ECU to think it's cold outside I can't say. Like chrisakasparky stated This works at opening the throttle faster or slower on a % you pick from the head unit. If you get the one from Panson Pan it's great at waking up the motor without doing any major motor work. Honda put the lag in to help MPG but I still get 30 mpg around town I just get around a lot quicker:D
I am sp7 all the time.... maybe someday I'll try the eco mode Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:rotfl:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...6&pictureid=64
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...6&pictureid=64https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...6&pictureid=64

chrisakasparky 05-26-2010 09:52 PM

yea, it doesnt actually give you power. just a driving interface enhancement i guess you could say. there is the debate that the stock ecu will never open 100 percent, but i dont know either way. if you can justify a short shifter, why not a short pedal?

einstein77 05-27-2010 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by chrisakasparky (Post 862192)
yea, it doesnt actually give you power. just a driving interface enhancement i guess you could say. there is the debate that the stock ecu will never open 100 percent, but i dont know either way. if you can justify a short shifter, why not a short pedal?

I guess if you're a slow-in-response individual you can cut down on the human interface time by using such gadgets. If you're racing this might save you 1/10 of a second each shift, thus saving you 1 second each up and down cycle on the gears.

Perrenoud Fit 05-27-2010 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by chrisakasparky (Post 862192)

HaHa.... for little feet?

Perrenoud Fit 05-27-2010 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by einstein77 (Post 862472)
I guess if you're a slow-in-response individual you can cut down on the human interface time by using such gadgets. If you're racing this might save you 1/10 of a second each shift, thus saving you 1 second each up and down cycle on the gears.

Not so much reaction time bcuz the throttle opens slow no matter how fast the human is behind the pedal. And as far as the gadgets go this is one of the best for a Real Feel change in your Fit.:D

grtpumpkin 05-27-2010 04:53 PM

^^ Agreed. The 50-70 acceration time is noticeably faster with the TC on. What seems to be cured is the differential between throttle pedal position and throttle plate opening. Mine also climbs hills better with the A/C on with the TC.

Daemione 05-27-2010 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit (Post 862596)
Not so much reaction time bcuz the throttle opens slow no matter how fast the human is behind the pedal.

I've watched the various throttle sensors real-time using ScanXL software . . . if there's a lag between when you open the push the pedal and when the throttle plate opens, I can't see it. I'm not going to pass judgment on a product I've never tried - but I also haven't seen anything that makes me want to try it.

Although if there was a throttle controller available that gave me a completely linear 1:1 throttle response (aka a throttle cable), I'd be willing to spend up to $25 on it. :)

apexanimal 05-28-2010 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Daemione (Post 862767)
Although if there was a throttle controller available that gave me a completely linear 1:1 throttle response (aka a throttle cable), I'd be willing to spend up to $25 on it. :)

YES!

(10char)

accordguyintake 05-28-2010 10:43 AM

lol if only... most the time i dont even bother flooring the car when im trying to go fast cuz halfway almost feels just as fast... haha

Vash 05-28-2010 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by nocash (Post 861423)
advertised 75 hp along with all sorts of benifits.

that sounds way to much even for an ECU reflash to use 93 octane.

einstein77 05-28-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Daemione (Post 862767)
I've watched the various throttle sensors real-time using ScanXL software . . . if there's a lag between when you open the push the pedal and when the throttle plate opens, I can't see it. I'm not going to pass judgment on a product I've never tried - but I also haven't seen anything that makes me want to try it.

:)

I have a hard time believing this stuff about a throttle chip. I won't believe it til I see an actual unbiased test comparing the two. As for acceleration from 50 to 70, or above it's already so fast that I can't imagine even sensing a difference. If we're going to deal with "sensations", I sense that my throttle on my car is opening as fast as possible without this chip and has no delay response, whatsoever. Until I see some unbiased test results on this product, I would only try it if it cost less than $1.00, including shipping.

rubixdimension 05-28-2010 03:47 PM

Listen to the Intake as you mat the throttle. I have a SSRI on mine with Megan racing header, and the muffler pulled.... despite all I have done to mine, I cannot judge the ETC due to not trying one for myself. But as far as I'm concerned, and what I'm trained to know.... when you're driving, say... 45 mph and you "floor it" You hear the intake open, and the engine get louder, but acceleration is the same as if you were to push it JUST to the point of the engine "dropping note" in the intake manifold and the differential at which no matter how much harder you mash on the throttle, then engine doesn't accel any faster. It can only do whatever the various sensors allow it to, while at the same time, whatever the displacement of the engine can handle. Unless it's turbo-ed, you're not doing anything except throwing extra air to the engine, in which your 02 sensors pick up on that and the ECU limits fuel flow from the injectors and pulse, no matter how hard you push on it. It HAS to maintain it's pogrammed limits. Otherwise, it'd be like a Carbureted engine and you could push down on it, and it make a difference. Welcome to 2010 EPA emissions.... Bogus.

Now for turbocharging, that's why a turbo isn't fully efficient if you are not running another computer programming, and larger injectors to keep the 14:1 air/fuel ratio to match the excess air forced. I'm a technician, not an engineer. PLEASE don't take me as a smart alek or anything, I'm around these things all day... It's pretty amazing that you can make an engine push from 450 to 550 hp SIMPLY by changing the programming of the computer and never even opening the hood... I just enjoy sharing what I know at no charge to others.

We're all after the same goal. To get as much power as we can out of our rides without braking the bank, and to make our vehicles something unique, to call our own, distinct from the Fit next door or down the road. Best of luck on all of your vehicles. I have yet to run across someone that bad-mouths the fit, and if you get them to actually drive it, stock or modified, that it DOESN'T change their feelings towards the car. The Fit is unique on it's own. Be proud of what you have! They're great vehicles and will adapt to almost anything we throw at them.