1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

2007 FIT Misfiring/Hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 05:05 AM
Does anyone have a fuel injector replacement video. I found a Jazz written guide but I am not sure if it's all the same. I've had misfires for two months now. Took it to a few mechanics including Honda. I've had new spark plugs installed, new coil packs, valve adjustment done, fuel induction done, they did an engine compression test (was fine), fuel sample (nothing wrong), so then they wanted to do the fuel injectors. It was expensive so I decided to tackle that. Got OE beck arnley reman injectors and installed them. Was running fine for about 30 min than I decided to fill up and added an injector cleaner. Well then the misfires started again. Maybe I missed a step..? I dunno.. Spent lots of time on everything than money on the same stuff I've done and now I'm tapping out. Help please. Thanks! Ps. 2007 honda fit sport MT with 166k miles. This is the guide I found http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A...801KBAT00.HTML

Old 03-23-2014, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by makufit
Does anyone have a fuel injector replacement video. I found a Jazz written guide but I am not sure if it's all the same. I've had misfires for two months now. Took it to a few mechanics including Honda. I've had new spark plugs installed, new coil packs, valve adjustment done, fuel induction done, they did an engine compression test (was fine), fuel sample (nothing wrong), so then they wanted to do the fuel injectors. It was expensive so I decided to tackle that. Got OE beck arnley reman injectors and installed them. Was running fine for about 30 min than I decided to fill up and added an injector cleaner. Well then the misfires started again. Maybe I missed a step..? I dunno.. Spent lots of time on everything than money on the same stuff I've done and now I'm tapping out. Help please. Thanks! Ps. 2007 honda fit sport MT with 166k miles. This is the guide I found Fuel Injector Replacement (L12A/L13A without ETCS)
I'm suspeciuos that the misfiring didn't occur until you filled up, or r=the 30 minutes.
Have you replaced the spark plug wires?
What injection cleaner did you use although I doubt thats the cause of misfiring.
Have you switched to premium gas for a change?
Is there any metal condition which can short circuit te spark plug firing impulse? A fine thread across the plug top to cylinfder block. stranger things have happened.
The fact that refill or 30 minutes elapsed before misire returned is borhersome and could be related to the engine heating up and soaking to cause the misfire. such as a metal or plastic gap opening. The sprk plug wire to spark plug clip on could be one.
have you switched ECU's to see if the problem is in the ECU? most shops woun't detect a prolem thankjs to the 30 minute delay. Circuit boards are prone to such problems.
And did the injectors check OK after a 30 miute operation?
its astart.

Old 03-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by mahout
I'm suspeciuos that the misfiring didn't occur until you filled up, or r=the 30 minutes.
Have you replaced the spark plug wires?
What injection cleaner did you use although I doubt thats the cause of misfiring.
Have you switched to premium gas for a change?
Is there any metal condition which can short circuit te spark plug firing impulse? A fine thread across the plug top to cylinfder block. stranger things have happened.
The fact that refill or 30 minutes elapsed before misire returned is borhersome and could be related to the engine heating up and soaking to cause the misfire. such as a metal or plastic gap opening. The sprk plug wire to spark plug clip on could be one.
have you switched ECU's to see if the problem is in the ECU? most shops woun't detect a prolem thankjs to the 30 minute delay. Circuit boards are prone to such problems.
And did the injectors check OK after a 30 miute operation?
its astart.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say spark plug wire?:/ if you mean the coil pack, these are brand new. The wire harness that clips into the coils is not new. The fuel additive was from the gas station brand itself. This case 7-11. I always use regular gas and have never used premium. Should I use premium? Metals or plastics inside I'm not sure but I doubt it. The injectors came out of the box but are reman. How would I check if they work? Thank you for your help.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Don't use premium, just use better regular gas like Chevron, Shell, or Texaco.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by ikutoisahobo
Don't use premium, just use better regular gas like Chevron, Shell, or Texaco.
I usually use shell, BP or Hess