Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   1st Generation (GD 01-08) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/)
-   -   Service or Repair Manual (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/65369-service-repair-manual.html)

patvan 06-04-2011 06:57 PM

Service or Repair Manual

I have a 2008 Honda Sport Fit and love it. My son, who is a jeep freak, is willing to do some of the work on the Fit. He told me to pick up a service manual so he can make sure he hits all the spots that need lubrication. The only one I can find is $125. Does anyone out there have a used one or can give me advice. He has no intention of rebuilding an engine or redoing wiring or the like but the owners manual, of course, doesn't tell you much. Thanks for any help.

Shortcamo02 06-05-2011 02:00 AM

I bought the 08 service manual for $125. I think it's worth every penny.

patvan 06-05-2011 08:34 AM

Wish I could but just can't afford it. At the moment all I need is the standard grease points for a lube job. Would there be a place I could just purchase that?

mahout 06-05-2011 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by patvan (Post 1000378)
I have a 2008 Honda Sport Fit and love it. My son, who is a jeep freak, is willing to do some of the work on the Fit. He told me to pick up a service manual so he can make sure he hits all the spots that need lubrication. The only one I can find is $125. Does anyone out there have a used one or can give me advice. He has no intention of rebuilding an engine or redoing wiring or the like but the owners manual, of course, doesn't tell you much. Thanks for any help.

Helms has a website to buy most Honda service manuals but unlike the old days are very costly ($100 vs $20)
Sometimes you can find one on ebay and if it is the CD can be had fairly inexpensively. Try Amazon also.
Ya, they are worth their weight
We discovered service manuals value when we had an inventory of our library of more than 120 service manuals, including the 1975 Civic and 1957 Corvette manuals for the shop's sale. The estimator put a value of $7000 on the lot. Needless to say, they went under lock & key. If the local library will prperly handle tem as reference documents not to be checked out we'll donate them. We're still working on that.

zekers 07-31-2011 01:16 AM

Here is a link for the 1st Gen Honda Fit Factory Service Manual. You must use Internet Explorer to view the files because it uses Active X. This is not the PDF but the HTML version that Honda uses.
2002-2008 Honda Jazz Fit Factory Service Manual | Free eBook Download

patvan 07-31-2011 10:22 AM

Fit Manual

Thanks, I will check it out!

patvan 07-31-2011 09:06 PM

Did check it out and it looks like exactly what I was looking for, thank you! Tomorrow I will print out whatever pages my son thinks he can use. Thanks again. Pat

rookie33333 08-04-2011 04:09 PM

Love it! Thanks man

Subie 08-04-2011 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by zekers (Post 1018275)
Here is a link for the 1st Gen Honda Fit Factory Service Manual. You must use Internet Explorer to view the files because it uses Active X. This is not the PDF but the HTML version that Honda uses.
2002-2008 Honda Jazz Fit Factory Service Manual | Free eBook Download

Yeah, thanks for the post! :wavey:

surveyranger 10-08-2012 10:50 PM

Bought my '08 Fit new & it's about time to get my hands dirty. Thanks for the info!

Busfit 10-13-2012 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by surveyranger (Post 1137634)
Bought my '08 Fit new & it's about time to get my hands dirty. Thanks for the info!

This was a very useful post for me, too. Thanks for digging it up.

BluePearlFit 10-15-2012 02:39 AM

Many thanks.

Zac Sink 01-16-2013 06:48 PM

The link isn't working anymore. Could someone here that downloaded the service manual upload it to a file share site and post it or pm a link to me? Thanks!

patvan 01-17-2013 09:46 AM

I don't have the manual on my computer but my son will check tonight, if so I'd be happy to send it on. As I remember it wasn't good enough to do repairs. I ended up buying one on ebay that came up for around $50. I just checked ebay but there isn't any available there now. I will let you know if my son has it on his computer later tonight.

Triskelion 01-17-2013 01:56 PM

Here's the book- good price if the seller still has it.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...cs-manual.html

Triskelion 01-17-2013 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by patvan (Post 1000595)
Wish I could but just can't afford it. At the moment all I need is the standard grease points for a lube job. Would there be a place I could just purchase that?

The Fits don't need "lube jobs". No zerk fittings at all on the car.

Carbuff2 01-17-2013 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Triskelion (Post 1157954)
The Fits don't need "lube jobs". No zerk fittings at all on the car.

The only time you would have Zerk fittings would be if you have used aftermarket parts.

For example, the MOOG sway-bar end-links I installed on our '07 have grease fittings.

If you are anal about injecting lubricant into things like ball joint boots or tie rod ends, and no grease fitting is provided, buy a needle fitting for your grease gun:

NAPA AUTO PARTS

patvan 01-18-2013 09:15 AM

Manual

My son has the manual but it's a 70 MB file with a .rar extention. Anyone have any idea what to do with all that? I can download it to a CD and send it? I don't know how to do what you were saying to do with the file. You would have to walk me through it with specifics.

Zac Sink 01-18-2013 10:19 AM

Thanks for finding it! You would need to go to a site like filedropper.com and follow the instructions. You basically choose upload and select the file you want. Then when it finishes, it should provide you with a link that you can post here. It might take a little while to do the upload. I haven't actually tested this particular file hosting site before since i'm at work and they block these kind of sites. If it doesn't work, let me know and I can find one that works better when I get home. Thanks!

jeuda 01-28-2013 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by patvan (Post 1158125)
My son has the manual but it's a 70 MB file with a .rar extention. Anyone have any idea what to do with all that? I can download it to a CD and send it? I don't know how to do what you were saying to do with the file. You would have to walk me through it with specifics.

You will need a free open source decompressor such as 7-zip to unzip the rar file. It is free for home use.