Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   1st Generation (GD 01-08) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/)
-   -   Water dripping from sun visor (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/76433-water-dripping-sun-visor.html)

jontis 01-30-2013 10:29 AM

Water dripping from sun visor

I have 2007.
From time to time water drips from the screwhole for the sun visor.
one maybe two drops. The headliner is dry.
Any one else that has had this problem?
I'm second owner so i don't know if the window has been changed.
My guess would be the antenna...

Any ideas?

Wafulz 01-30-2013 12:22 PM

front window should say Honda Brand on it bottom left or right comer not sure can remember

if it dnt say that its been change and more then likely the seal from front window is leaking just my guesss

MTLian 01-30-2013 01:29 PM

I had a similar experience with my 2007 GD sport. It was winter time, and I drove into a car wash and it was pretty hot. While I was waiting for The car wash employees to finish on the car before for me and for the snow and chunks of ice to melt off my car I decided to change my cabin air filter inside this heated garage. Leaving the door open on my cold car in the hot moist car wash caused condensation to for inside my car and under my roof lining. When I left the car wash, I applied the break and water literally came spewing out of my rear view mirror mount. That problem never happened again.

Perhaps condesation inside the cabin could be the culprit. I'd check the spare tire wheelwell for water or condensation, I've heard it can accumulate there.

jontis 02-01-2013 07:09 AM

The windscreen says Honda. :)

I've checked the spare wheel well and could see condensation.
Not water flotaing around.

Thing is that I have kids that doesn't try to minimize snow from
their shoes when they get into the car so it's a lot of ice and water
in the footwells so it's probably something I'll have to live with then. :(

blackaneseman 02-03-2013 01:12 PM

Antenna is located at the back though...
have you removed the headliner yet and taken a look?
Try lifing the roof moulding on that side of the vehicle and checking the seams on the body. only water leaking problems I know of from the roof are on vehicles with sunroofs.

jontis 02-04-2013 03:59 PM

My antenna is situated were the sunroof usually is.
One of my problems is that I don't have a garage and
it's normaly below freezing here for at least a month.
Not fun to work outside...

I'll live with it until spring is here...

bana1988 02-07-2013 04:45 PM

i have a similar problem with my visors, when i was the car and crack the windows after it seems as though a few droplets of water always seem to end up running down the side of the door.. when looking at the angle of the visor it seems to be just a design flaw.

gd3~fit 01-12-2015 05:29 PM

This happened for the first time for me today. I was driving after letting the car warm up for about 5 minutes, pulled out of my driveway and noticed water leaking out of my rear view mirror post where it attaches to the roof lining. I quickly grabbed some Starbucks napkins from the glove box and wiped it dry. Now it has been raining all day today and past week it's been below freezing.

I'm thinking it's probably condensation that's been frozen and thawed out after the car is running temperature because I also noticed condensation on the inside of my front windshield. It's the original front windshield, well to my knowledge it is, it has all the OEM markings.

I'm hoping it doesn't happen again because I was planning on retrofitting some maplights or overhead lights from another Honda in the area between the sunvisors and rear view mirror.